Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2015 STL Cardinals Thread***

2011 World Series Championship
2012 NLCS. One win from another WS appearance.
2013 World Series. Two wins from another World Series Championship
2014 NLCS. Three wins from another WS appearance

• Made the postseason 10 times in the last 14 seasons.
  • Only 1 losing season since 2000.
  • Reached the World Series 4 times since 2004 and won as many championships (two) the past eight seasons as it did from 1965 to 2005.
  • Made the NLCS 9 times including the last 4 years 2011-2014
  • Three million attendance? Take it to the bank.
  • 65 post season wins since 2004. 22+ wins more than any other team.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 12-11-2014 at 09:44 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #2971
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
FTFY
****, probably.

He's cooled a bit but I'm hopeful for a big second half and a good deal where he ends up being a foundation piece here for 10 years.

I also hope for sex tonight.

I'm not hopeful
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #2972
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm going to still disagree with you on Cooney but the roster management has been stunningly shitty all season.

Somehow Matheny thinks having bad relievers on your roster is valuable. Putting a major league uniform on a reliever doesn't make him a major league caliber pitcher. The fact that we've carried Marcus Hatley and Nick Greenwood as the 13th reliever on this team on occasions while burying Garcia is just beyond the pale. It just plays back into Matheny's overwhelming need to cycle through pitchers until he finds one that will lose for him.

I still think Cooney is a legit major leaguer. When he's not being an idiot, he's able to get that fastball inside on RH hitters. He was hitting 91 tonight which is plenty. His changeup has plus arm action and his breaker shows flashes.

Hell, he's even provided largely quality performances apart from his first abysmal start. What is it about his performance at AAA or even his last couple of starts at this level that says he's garbage? There are skills there, he just needs to learn that you don't get away with get me over pitches to anyone at this level.
He doesn't have swing and miss stuff to get away with the number of guys that he walks, and he is too prone to homers.

His FIP in AAA the last two years is 4.93 and 4.16. He has the stuff of a AAAA pitcher who might be able to approximate a MLB starter if he has a hot run of batted ball luck for a few months.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #2973

This team needs to put a claim in on Ross Detweiler post haste
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #2974
MVP

Grichu K
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #2975
In Search of a Life

Apparently Piscotty is raking right now in memphis. Gotta think if he can play not the worst ever first base, he's gonna be here soon
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #2976

How far out of the zone was that third strike to Cervelli?

Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #2977
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
He doesn't have swing and miss stuff to get away with the number of guys that he walks, and he is too prone to homers.

His FIP in AAA the last two years is 4.93 and 4.16. He has the stuff of a AAAA pitcher who might be able to approximate a MLB starter if he has a hot run of batted ball luck for a few months.
The change has the makings of a legit out pitch, IMO. I hadn't read much about it prior to seeing him but I really like that pitch. He needs to get more drop on it but a simple change in the grip (similar to what C-Mart did) could get that.

Though I'll give you that he needs to tighten up that breaking ball a TON. He appears to have 2 of them; something of a slower curve ball and then a bit of a slider. He needs to ditch that slow breaker - it's a cripple pitch at this level. If he focuses on refining that slider, it actually shows real nice break.

And maybe I'm just giving too much credit to a fastball that's by no means fast - I just love how he's able to get that pitch inside on righties. It's a good 'pitchability' sign as well as solid evidence that righties don't pick him up early.

I actually think I like his stuff a little better than Lyons. He's definitely not a finished product but there's back of the rotation potential there.

Quote:
This team needs to put a claim in on Ross Detweiler post haste
Absolutely. Though I think the Cards would still have to arrange a trade. He hasn't been outrighted off the roster. With the waiver priority being by league and the Rangers being in the AL, the Cards are literally dead last in the pecking order. I'd have to think the Pirates would put in a claim to block if nothing else.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM   #2978

Quote:

I still think Cooney is a legit major leaguer. When he's not being an idiot, he's able to get that fastball inside on RH hitters.
Just like he did with McCutheon in the 1st inning.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM   #2979
MVP

Cooney sucks, to bad Garcia is made of glass.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #2980

Quote:
The change has the makings of a legit out pitch, IMO. I hadn't read much about it prior to seeing him but I really like that pitch. He needs to get more drop on it but a simple change in the grip (similar to what C-Mart did) could get that.

Though I'll give you that he needs to tighten up that breaking ball a TON. He appears to have 2 of them; something of a slower curve ball and then a bit of a slider. He needs to ditch that slow breaker - it's a cripple pitch at this level. If he focuses on refining that slider, it actually shows real nice break.

And maybe I'm just giving too much credit to a fastball that's by no means fast - I just love how he's able to get that pitch inside on righties. It's a good 'pitchability' sign as well as solid evidence that righties don't pick him up early.

I actually think I like his stuff a little better than Lyons. He's definitely not a finished product but there's back of the rotation potential there.

Absolutely. Though I think the Cards would still have to arrange a trade. He hasn't been outrighted off the roster. With the waiver priority being by league and the Rangers being in the AL, the Cards are literally dead last in the pecking order. I'd have to think the Pirates would put in a claim to block if nothing else.
That's a fair analysis on Cooney, but I think that's probably his 85th percentile as far as projectability goes. He just strikes me as a "break glass in case of emergency" type who is more valuable as a trade piece to acquire a reliever or as part of a package for a bat than as a floater at the ass end of a rotation after injuries.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #2981
A certain set of skills

The green wall at PNC park in centerfield looks strange like the designer didn't know what to put there.
Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #2982
MVP

If Matheny is serious about winning this game pull Cooney now. No excuse to leave this weak armed pitcher in with the all star break tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #2983

Quote:
That's a fair analysis on Cooney, but I think that's probably his 85th percentile as far as projectability goes. He just strikes me as a "break glass in case of emergency" type who is more valuable as a trade piece to acquire a reliever or as part of a package for a bat than as a floater at the ass end of a rotation after injuries.
He would be more valuable to a middle of the pack team. Or his 6 years of team control for a team building for the future.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #2984
MVP

**** off Matheny

Old 07-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #2985
In Search of a Life

Bit of a seeing eye single.

And that's how uou pitch to a pitcher

Closed Thread