Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones watch...

Last edited by Dante84; 03-09-2024 at 11:20 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 03:48 PM   #271
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
IF I'M CHRIS
- Why not wait and see what the open market has to offer within the legal tampering period (Monday at noon)? Would the Chiefs really pull their best and final offer?

IF I'M VEACH
- I submit my best and final offer on Sunday, and hope Chris accepts.

When he hits the tampering period, he's going to see some ridiculous numbers. And then he'll have a choice - home town discount to stay, or chase the money.
You submit your best offer Sunday if you are Veach so you can quickly move forward Monday if he doesn't accept. No time to waste if they want Wilkins for example.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 03:49 PM   #272
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
You submit your best offer Sunday if you are Veach so you can quickly move forward Monday if he doesn't accept. No time to waste if they want Wilkins for example.
Yep, i edited it to account for that.

Cannot be left swinging in the wind again like we were with OBJ.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 03:51 PM   #273
Journeyman

Quote:
Yep, i edited it to account for that.

Cannot be left swinging in the wind again like we were with OBJ.

My fear is that is what will happen

No evidence so far of a plan b and we will end up reaching for an average player as we did with Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 03-08-2024, 03:58 PM   #274
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkshock View Post
My fear is that is what will happen

No evidence so far of a plan b and we will end up reaching for an average player as we did with Taylor.
Except for the last several years of Veach and his approach to FA.

If Jones isn't done by the legal tampering window, he'll have a matter of hours to change his mind. Not days.

Because if the window opens, Veach is moving on. He's going after Wilkins or Chase Young or Leonard Williams.

He's not going to sit on his capital while the options dry up (and then the lack of options gets used as a lever against him by other agents). It's simply not how he's operated.

He absolutely has a Plan B. And C and D and E if necessary. Which is why this absolutely cannot be a "Pay Jones whatever he wants" scenario.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-08-2024, 04:01 PM   #275
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Until proven otherwise, his agents are gonna play hardball for top dollar. It's what they did last year. I assume they are hoping to get north of $32M per year from someone else in the market.
Yep. As long as Jones kept them employed, figured that'd be the case. It's unfortunate, but there's only so much you can do when you're working with obstinate jackasses only focused on the $$$. I figured maybe Chris would realize his interests and theirs don't exactly align since he's made it more than obvious he wants to stay, but that hasn't born anything of consequence and they're still his representation.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:06 PM   #276
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Mentioned it last night, but right now you know those greaseball Katz bros are filling Chris' head with shit about what he deserves and dollar amounts that team X, Y, and Z are going to offer.

But Chris is the one who has to ultimately flush out all the emotions, history, and goals he holds in KC to put pen to paper for another franchise. Shit like this is always so much easier said than done.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:09 PM   #277
Andy Reid Supporter

Or maybe Chris has looked at his last 2 years and Aaron Donald’s last 2 years and feels he’s better and deserves more money, which is completely fair.

Doesn’t mean Veach is gonna hand him that but I understand the thought there
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:13 PM   #278
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
If we can resign Jones and Kelce plays another few years I’d say we win probably 4 more in next 10 years. If Jones is gone that number probably drops to 2. Mahomes can make receivers look good. He turned Rashee Rice into Jerry Rice.
Quote:
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
re·sign
/rəˈzīn/
verb
voluntarily leave a job or other position.
"he resigned from from the company in protest of the treatment of his co-workers"
Similar:
leave
go
hand in one's notice
give in one's notice
give notice
I think what you mean to say is re-sign.

Oh, and your premise is based on a ton of variables. I wouldn't say it is either or.

Last edited by Lzen; 03-08-2024 at 04:22 PM..
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:15 PM   #279
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Or maybe Chris has looked at his last 2 years and Aaron Donald’s last 2 years and feels he’s better and deserves more money, which is completely fair.

Doesn’t mean Veach is gonna hand him that but I understand the thought there
He probably does feel that way but will that money, which he 1000% does not need, be enough to leave a great ****ing situation as a lifer in KC to go somewhere it won't get better?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-08-2024, 04:16 PM   #280
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

If Jones isn't done by the legal tampering window, he'll have a matter of hours to change his mind. Not days.

Because if the window opens, Veach is moving on. He's going after Wilkins or Chase Young or Leonard Williams.

He's not going to sit on his capital while the options dry up (and then the lack of options gets used as a lever against him by other agents). It's simply not how he's operated.

He absolutely has a Plan B. And C and D and E if necessary. Which is why this absolutely cannot be a "Pay Jones whatever he wants" scenario.
Veach literally has said this in interviews. Literally talking about having backup plans to an almost annoying redundancy. This is 100% correct.
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:17 PM   #281
Andy Reid Supporter

He’s got 3 rings and is probably getting into the HOF one day. He didn’t grow up a Chiefs fan guys.

His legacy is cemented regardless. I can understand going for the bag since it’s his last chance to strike big
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:18 PM   #282
MVP

Quote:
Mentioned it last night, but right now you know those greaseball Katz bros are filling Chris' head with shit about what he deserves and dollar amounts that team X, Y, and Z are going to offer.

But Chris is the one who has to ultimately flush out all the emotions, history, and goals he holds in KC to put pen to paper for another franchise. Shit like this is always so much easier said than done.
TJ Watt had to ignore his agents to get the deal done with the Steelers. I don't believe the same will happen with Chris Jones.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:18 PM   #283
Journeyman

Chris Jones watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Like I said , there was no evidence of that planning with OBJ and Taylor last year. It was more like cut OBJ and acquire whoever happened to be available at the time. Which happened to be Taylor. And overpay for him. Even if it was a plan it wasn’t some kind of genius move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:19 PM   #284
MVP

Quote:

Thats the problem with dealing with an agency that only really has one big client. They need the payday worse then their client. They also need the headlines in hopes to attract another big name or two.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-08-2024, 04:20 PM   #285
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
IF I'M CHRIS
- Why not wait and see what the open market has to offer within the legal tampering period (Monday at noon)? Would the Chiefs really pull their best and final offer?

IF I'M VEACH
- I submit my best and final offer on Sunday, and hope Chris accepts. If he doesn't, and it floats for a day or two, I tell him I have to pursue another route.

When he hits the tampering period, he's going to see some ridiculous numbers. And then he'll have a choice - home town discount to stay, or chase the money. If he waits too long, KC will have to move on - lesson learned with OBJ last year.
Chris Jones’ agents already probably have “off the record” tentative offers in place from the not-legal tampering that goes on with agents and teams at the Combine and this week.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Closed Thread