Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #2821
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
I have literally never seen anyone say any of those things, any where. I think Mahomes is generally regarded as the best player in the league right now, and extremely dangerous because he can throw pretty much every pass from every arm slot. No one underestimates him.
Remember, You're just one many rival fans that infest this board when they play us. We've been listening to the same shit for 2 years now. You're nothing new and nothing special. Come Feb 3rd, you'll go crawling back to your rock with tail tucked. Just like all the rest
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #2822
The man you could post like.

At the end of the day, doubt the game plan by Saleh and the 49ers will be much different than what Bradley and the Chargers do. Hopefully Reid has figured it out because that defense has made Mahomes frustrated in the past, especially with that level of pass rush coming after him. Chargers and Seahawks week 15 and 16 last year come to mind.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #2823
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
The only thing I would note is that Kelce is very well known as being the other premier TE in the league. The 49er LBs are very athletic and practice each day going against the premier NFC TE. Will they be able to cover Kelce? I don't think anyone can shut him down, just as I don't think anyone can shut Kittle down.

Do you view Kittle as an elite route runner? He’s obviously got good speed and is great at YAC. I haven’t seen a lot of advanced route running from him.

That’s what makes Kelce special, IMO. He runs routes like a receiver and uses that to creat separation. It’s not just scheme and physical ability.

That’s part of his game that has really developed the past few years.

They’re both studs in the passing game, just in different ways.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:11 PM   #2824
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
This is going to be the most disappointing thing for the 49ers in this game in a long list of disappointments. There is this idea that it’s a given you will get to Mahomes but he was sacked the fourth lowest on percentage of passing attempts this season at just 4.15%.

Conversely, the Chiefs are very similar to the 49ers with our quality of pass rush. The 49ers offensive line gave up sacks on 7.17% of passing attempts. That’s especially not good for them when a lot of our pressure comes right up the middle against a fumble prone QB.

Garrapolo was sacked 39 times and fumbled the ball ten times. Mahomes was sacked just 19 times with five fumbles. Everything points to the pass rush being a much larger problem for the 49ers offense than it will be for the Chiefs offense.

You are going to see a lot of Mahomes maneuvering in and out of the pocket and making huge plays that leave defenders with the defeated looks in their body language.
Some of these stats are a bit skewed and don't tell the story. If you track the sacks as they happened throughout the season, they came in bunches, with 22 coming over a 6 game stretch where Staley and/or McGlinchey were out, and the one game when Staley came back and got torched by Clowney. The only other aberation was the second rams game, where they sacked him 6 times. Not sure why, but I suspect it was because Garland was subbing for an injured Richburg and couldn't handle the Rams interior line. Re the fumbles, I think JG has largely cleaned that up. He had 7 though the first 9 games this season, and he has had only 3 in the last 9 games, with only 1 fumble lost. Keep in mind that this is JG's first full season. He had only, what...10 games experience going into this season?
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #2825
Veteran

Quote:
The only thing I would note is that Kelce is very well known as being the other premier TE in the league. The 49er LBs are very athletic and practice each day going against the premier NFC TE. Will they be able to cover Kelce? I don't think anyone can shut him down, just as I don't think anyone can shut Kittle down.
I remember when I was a ****ing moron just like you, and thought that was true.

Replace Jamaal Charles with Kittle and look at the KC 2012 season and you'll see how dumb it is.

Hell, if that's too much work for you I can make it easier on you and just direct you to view last years defensive stats for KC. I mean...Mahomes was fist ****ing everybody last year on his way to the MVP. Our defense should have been able to withstand even a Thanos Snap, right?

You're a dipshit if you truly believe what you typed.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #2826
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
At the end of the day, doubt the game plan by Saleh and the 49ers will be much different than what Bradley and the Chargers do. Hopefully Reid has figured it out because that defense has made Mahomes frustrated in the past, especially with that level of pass rush coming after him. Chargers and Seahawks week 15 and 16 last year come to mind.
I hope like hell that Reid breaks out some fresh concepts to beat that cover 3 stuff. It’s not a code to crack, it’s just about practicing the shit and executing in the game.

When they go 3x1 with Kelce on the one man side, I’d like to see the #1 & 2 receivers to the trips side run a hitch/seam combo and then have #3 run an option route based purely on the LB leverage (which is initially going to be very much so inside). That seam should carry the slot defender up with it leaving a void for #3 to go out toward and it’d be pitch and catch.

Something simple that we haven’t done much of I don’t think. Not trying to pretend I’m smarter than Andy here but I think it’d help with some of that clogging the MOF shit.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #2827
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Do you view Kittle as an elite route runner? He’s obviously got good speed and is great at YAC. I haven’t seen a lot of advanced route running from him.

That’s what makes Kelce special, IMO. He runs routes like a receiver and uses that to creat separation. It’s not just scheme and physical ability.

That’s part of his game that has really developed the past few years.

They’re both studs in the passing game, just in different ways.
I think the view generally is that he has become a great route runner. Elite? I don't know. I suspect that GK may rely a bit more on his athleticism...he's often covered by LBs and he's faster than most of them. I think his combine 40 was 4.52.
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #2828
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Week 17 this year seemed like vanilla playcalling to me. Shouldn’t be the case in the Super Bowl. But I think Andy should be pretty conservative (Alex Smith dink and dunk) in the first quarter to help the OL and Mahomes get a feel for the pass rush. Then maybe get more aggressive later in the game.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #2829
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
You should’ve cursed him out and told him he was gay. Just like y’all do to everyone here. Keyboard warrior.
I’ve yet to call you gay.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:21 PM   #2830
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Week 17 this year seemed like vanilla playcalling to me. Shouldn’t be the case in the Super Bowl. But I think Andy should be pretty conservative (Alex Smith dink and dunk) in the first quarter to help the OL and Mahomes get a feel for the pass rush. Then maybe get more aggressive later in the game.
I’d like to see us use that Chicago gameplan for the first half. Get them worn out by us methodically driving down the field for scores.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:21 PM   #2831
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I hope like hell that Reid breaks out some fresh concepts to beat that cover 3 stuff. It’s not a code to crack, it’s just about practicing the shit and executing in the game.

When they go 3x1 with Kelce on the one man side, I’d like to see the #1 & 2 receivers to the trips side run a hitch/seam combo and then have #3 run an option route based purely on the LB leverage (which is initially going to be very much so inside). That seam should carry the slot defender up with it leaving a void for #3 to go out toward and it’d be pitch and catch.

Something simple that we haven’t done much of I don’t think. Not trying to pretend I’m smarter than Andy here but I think it’d help with some of that clogging the MOF shit.
To be fair, we also didn't have Watkins or Hardman then either. Still think we were in the midst of the Kelvin Benjamin experiment.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #2832
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I’ve yet to call you gay.
It's not a choice.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #2833
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Absolutely this.

Get the ball out quick, do some screens to slow down the pass rush.

The screen game has been noticeably absent lately. I expect Andy to empty the cupboard on that defense when it comes to the screens, motions, shifts, and misdirection.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #2834
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
I remember when I was a ****ing moron just like you, and thought that was true.

Replace Jamaal Charles with Kittle and look at the KC 2012 season and you'll see how dumb it is.

Hell, if that's too much work for you I can make it easier on you and just direct you to view last years defensive stats for KC. I mean...Mahomes was fist ****ing everybody last year on his way to the MVP. Our defense should have been able to withstand even a Thanos Snap, right?

You're a dipshit if you truly believe what you typed.
I literally have no idea what you are trying to say. I said I don't think anyone can shut down Kelce (one on one which is the subject of this thread). Are you saying I'm a ****ing moron because Kelce can be shut down? I'll disagree but have at it KC fan.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #2835
Veteran

This is from a 49ers fan so it's a bit homerish, but it details the similarities in how the Chargers' schemed us defensively and how the 49ers are equipped to play in a similar way.

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.