Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:43 PM   #2716
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Have you.....have you watched Zach Wilson play football this year?

Yeah, once they went up 17-0 and after the safety/Pats int they went into a shell. It's not the first time it's happened.

Lol, yeah, I've watched Zach play a couple games this season. We all watched him look like ass in Week 1, and then on the last two Jets drives he played just good enough to tie the game, which doesn't sound like much, unless you saw just how awful he was for the entire rest of the game before that.

Same thing in the NE game. He was terrible for almost the entire game, then put together one good TD drive (13 plays, 87 yards).

In other words, it's the NFL; you can't count anyone completely out until the final buzzer.

Anyway, that's no coach with any intelligence would throttle back in the first half of a game. You throttle back in the 4th quarter. Not at the beginning of the 3rd.

And if they went into a shell, then why did they attempt to pass it more than they ran it during the first 17 plays of the second half (9 passing attempts)?

Sorry, doesn't add up. But that's just my opinion. Trying to guess at what Andy/Nagy might have been thinking is . . . well, your guess is as good as mine, which is to say, we have no idea.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #2717
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChief View Post
Is it financally possible for us to sign Davante Adams???
No
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:46 PM   #2718
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I think Patrick may just be a hair off for some reason. I think things will improve for him over the year and if they can run MVS and Rice out there more, then they should be good. I agree with the Toney sentiment, but the guy isn't ever healthy enough to get a bunch of snaps. I just don't see them giving Rice the opportunity and that's just one of bad things about Reid. Rice has been the most productive WR even with a lot less playing time.
The more we see and more info comes out it seems that Mahomes just isn't himself. It could be an injury, it could be adjusting to two new tackles and 5 new WR's, it could just be the adjustment to Nagy. It's too early to panic, there are a lot of moving parts. We have the puppet master for a HC and the Goat slinging it. It may take several games but I'm sure they will figure it out sooner or later.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:50 PM   #2719
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
It could be an injury, it could be adjusting to two new tackles and 5 new WR's, it could just be the adjustment to Nagy.
Personally I think it's adjusting to the worst WR group he's ever had.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:55 PM   #2720
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Personally I think it's adjusting to the worst WR group he's ever had.
Can we ban this reerun for saying this....... Clearly he is not a real Chiefs fan
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:59 PM   #2721
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I think the primary problem was they expected a lot more of a leap from Moore and he's be an abject disappointment. And with Toney's playing his usual role of injured, it's been a very disjointed beginning.

This plan largely worked last year and I give them a pass for thinking they could replicate it again, even if I did think expecting Mahomes to play at an MVP level each year was a super aggressive (and unfair) ask.
Yeah, but hope that provides some context about why I was fired up. Most of my concern was pre-draft before we got rashee. I saw this hole coming. It always felt like we had a lot of support players who need to play off a primary guy. Doesn’t have to be Justin Jefferson, just a WR you can reliably target. Hell, I even said get a WR2 for cheaper… just as long as you have someone legit. I thought skyy would be better too but I still saw him as a role guy. I’m not saying this to brag or thumb my nose. But I took a lot of heat early on so I feel I have to justify myself. I think people see (unfortunately the hard way) we do need a “primary guy” - what i called a WR1.

I was glad we drafted rashee. And from there I felt like we had the same holes and we had to just hope Reid would speed up the usual rookie timeline bc we need rashee sooner vs later. That’s why I thought we needed a bandaid.

But all in all, if we can ride through the bumps and rashee can be juju or probably better and we look like a Super Bowl team, I’m good with that for now. And I think both critics and supporters will be mostly on the same page once that happens. That’s as much as you can ask for in one offseason. I still believe we need to keep pressing for better WRs but we’ll leave that for the offseason
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #2722
In Search of a Life

If Toney doesn't start getting more snaps, we'll know, but i still contend him going down (predictable) threw a wrench in the whole thing

Otherwise, it's gonna be time to either trade up in the first and take one or hope one falls to them cause they ain't got the cash to go buy one.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:40 PM   #2723
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Yeah, but hope that provides some context about why I was fired up. Most of my concern was pre-draft before we got rashee. I saw this hole coming. It always felt like we had a lot of support players who need to play off a primary guy. Doesn’t have to be Justin Jefferson, just a WR you can reliably target. Hell, I even said get a WR2 for cheaper… just as long as you have someone legit. I thought skyy would be better too but I still saw him as a role guy. I’m not saying this to brag or thumb my nose. But I took a lot of heat early on so I feel I have to justify myself. I think people see (unfortunately the hard way) we do need a “primary guy” - what i called a WR1.

I was glad we drafted rashee. And from there I felt like we had the same holes and we had to just hope Reid would speed up the usual rookie timeline bc we need rashee sooner vs later. That’s why I thought we needed a bandaid.

But all in all, if we can ride through the bumps and rashee can be juju or probably better and we look like a Super Bowl team, I’m good with that for now. And I think both critics and supporters will be mostly on the same page once that happens. That’s as much as you can ask for in one offseason. I still believe we need to keep pressing for better WRs but we’ll leave that for the offseason
Why do we have to wait till next year to take away Skyy Moore or Justin Watson reps?

Claypool is on the block and they want a 5th or 6th.

That's a no-brainer to me if we can get him in here and tell him are you ready to play football?
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #2724
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Why do we have to wait till next year to take away Skyy Moore or Justin Watson reps?

That's a no-brainer to me if we can get him in here and tell him are you ready to play football?
The guy that didn't show up and quit? Was dogging it in week 1?

Yeah, I'd say that's the best idea.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #2725
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

Claypool has quit on 2 teams in 2 years.

Yeah - sounds like a guy we should bring in here.

Guy is a classic 'name on the back of the jersey' guy. For anybody that says we shouldn't have taken Pickens because he'll be a cancer - this guy is Pickens without anywhere near the talent or even the refinement.

Being poverty Pickens doesn't scream 'no-brainer' to me.

Guy's likely going to get cut. He MIGHT get moved for a pick swap.

Nobody wants to bring that kind of attitude into their locker room. And as a championship team, the 'disease of more' is problem enough WITHOUT importing it from a dude who's known nothing but mediocrity.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #2726
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The guy that didn't show up and quit? Was dogging it in week 1?

Yeah, I'd say that's the best idea.
Yes, he quit.

WR's are not all special teams /try hard players.

Claypool wants the ball and checked out when the Bears didn't use him.

If we can give him 6-7 targets here and tell him he also needs to block sign me up.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #2727
Choco Favre

Maybe the Bengals will keep losing and we can trade for Tyler Boyd.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:47 PM   #2728
Going home eventually

They are going to have to spend some money at the position next year if we have any. At least draft one in the 1st. I still think Rice has massive potential to be and bad ass but Moore should have been ready to get a load of targets and doesn't seem like he has yet. MVS and Watson are what they are. Toney is a mystery. Healthy or injured he adds nothing so far.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:48 PM   #2729
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Claypool has quit on 2 teams in 2 years.

Yeah - sounds like a guy we should bring in here.

Guy is a classic 'name on the back of the jersey' guy. For anybody that says we shouldn't have taken Pickens because he'll be a cancer - this guy is Pickens without anywhere near the talent or even the refinement.

Being poverty Pickens doesn't scream 'no-brainer' to me.

Guy's likely going to get cut. He MIGHT get moved for a pick swap.

Nobody wants to bring that kind of attitude into their locker room. And as a championship team, the 'disease of more' is problem enough WITHOUT importing it from a dude who's known nothing but mediocrity.

He has an overly high view of himself.

But there is good tape on him when he is used as a Big Slot/Gadget guy.

Guess what team could use such a player right now?

I absolutely have a conversation with him if Reid has interest because he is a weapon that can be used.

We need matchup players and we don't have anything after Kelce right now.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:54 PM   #2730
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Per PFF: Rashee Rice against Zone Coverage
- 11 targets, 11 catches, 127 yards, 6 1st Downs

Rice against Man Coverage
- 5 targets, 0 catches, 1 Drop

This guy needs to be the guy on the field when Kelce is out. He is very good at reading the zone and finding the open space
Good find. What does it say about man coverage for our best WRs? I feel like we've had some struggles vs man.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.