Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2023, 09:55 PM  
In Search of a Life

Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #2701
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

jettio has never found an idiot/asshole/POS that he won't attempt to defend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jettio's never found a dipshit he wouldn't White Knight for.
Ah, I see Staylor beat me to it.

Yeah, we've all seen this act from him before. It is what it is.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:40 AM   #2702
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ah, I see Staylor beat me to it.

Yeah, we've all seen this act from him before. It is what it is.
That show a lot of good character to pal around with another think-alike member to criticize someone who actually thinks for himself and gives an honest opinion.

Like you would ever ****ing dare to take a position that is contrary to the consensus on chiefs planet.

That is why this place is not as good as it was at its best. And why it will never have membership that represents everyone in Chiefs Kingdom that cares about the team and would have something to say about it.

You pussies can congratulate yourselves on being pussies that agree with each other all the time. Or at least, would never dare have an independent idea.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:45 AM   #2703

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
That show a lot of good character to pal around with another think-alike member to criticize someone who actually thinks for himself and gives an honest opinion.

Like you would ever ****ing dare to take a position that is contrary to the consensus on chiefs planet.

That is why this place is not as good as it was at its best. And why it will never have membership that represents everyone in Chiefs Kingdom that cares about the team and would have something to say about it.

You pussies can congratulate yourselves on being pussies that agree with each other all the time. Or at least, would never dare have an independent idea.
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah - that's me. Always one to just toe the company line.

Are you ****ing new here? Lord almighty.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:48 AM   #2704
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I personally get where she's at though, I wouldn't want to be used as a pawn to increase the wages of those around me that hate me for simply being more popular and wealthy at a young age. She owes them nothing, her contract and endorsement deals are set, if they don't want to include her then that's their problem. They made the bed, now they can lie in it. Unfortunately that's the league they've built, that's not friendly to rookies. NFL will have "Welcome to the NFL Rook" moments, but the veterans generally want to help the rookies with finances, decision making, and overall career advice. I'm sure the WNBA has those players too, but they're ruled by the popular cheerleaders, not the governing student body.
Yeah from her perspective she could use time off to get some rest. Physically and mentally. And to work with her team on actual practice and to fine tune her skills. She definitely needs a lot of work. It’ll work out well for her.

And this may be for the better because the wnba purists need to get knocked the hell off their high horse, and lukewarm or bad ratings is a good way to do it. I would definitely agree that some of that entitlement won’t go away until they get rid of the old guard, just like in USWNT. But at some point the new guard will take over and everyone can see they bring a different and way better energy.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:52 AM   #2705
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
href="https://t.co/TZRF018k3M">pic.twitter.com/TZRF018k3M

— Woke Conservative Sports 🇺🇸 (@WCStakes) June 7, 2024

Her US Olympic teammates most likely would catch her passes and make buckets opposed to her Fever teammates that let the ball go right through them and it's a turnover stat for clark instead of an assist...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:55 AM   #2706
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Her US Olympic teammates most likely would catch her passes and make buckets opposed to her Fever teammates that let the ball go right through them and it's a turnover stat for clark instead of an assist...
Yes but even so, I’m not gonna make the argument that she’s best 12 yet. She’ll get there but not yet. But she’s plenty good enough to make it as a stash player who will probably never play meaningful minutes. She would definitely be better in a world where defenses can’t just blitz her all night.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:00 AM   #2707

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Yes but even so, I’m not gonna make the argument that she’s best 12 yet. She’ll get there but not yet. But she’s plenty good enough to make it as a stash player who will probably never play meaningful minutes. She would definitely be better in a world where defenses can’t just blitz her all night.
She's an ideal bench player.

An instant offense scorer w/ premier passing chops that could come in and run a 2nd unit. You're gonna get some turnovers, sure, but that's what the 2nd unit is gonna deal with.

If you're building your best possible team, she's absolutely on it. Because I have a really hard time believing that there's a better fit at the 1 OR the 2 on a 2nd unit available to them.

She shouldn't be a starting G - as noted, the turnover issues and the lack of physicality are real. But off the bench, neither of those issues are that problematic.

It's a poor use of roster resources.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:10 AM   #2708
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I personally get where she's at though, I wouldn't want to be used as a pawn to increase the wages of those around me that hate me for simply being more popular and wealthy at a young age. She owes them nothing, her contract and endorsement deals are set, if they don't want to include her then that's their problem. They made the bed, now they can lie in it. Unfortunately that's the league they've built, that's not friendly to rookies. NFL will have "Welcome to the NFL Rook" moments, but the veterans generally want to help the rookies with finances, decision making, and overall career advice. I'm sure the WNBA has those players too, but they're ruled by the popular cheerleaders, not the governing student body.
They absolutely should have put her on the team as a bench player. They could have sold the hell out of jerseys and used her to attract attention. It's pure ignorance that they didn't, but it's obviously par for the course for those running things.

This whole deal has exposed nearly everything that is wrong with the WNBA though. I have a feeling they're not going to learn and adapt anywhere near as fast as a well run league would. I don't think she'll do it, but she should absolutely be taking the "I'm getting mine" approach for a year or two. There's just not enough new girls like her coming in fast enough for her to turn the tide league wide. What is there, 3 in this class capable of turning the league's image into something more positive? She needs way more help if they're going to turn angry, clumsy, lesbian ball into something people actually want to watch.

The whole thing makes the NFL, and especially the Chiefs, look like they're run to near perfection. Even with all the arrests, the team and league just keep churning in rookies and evolving as needed.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:14 AM   #2709
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Its so funny people are mad that a white girls with an actual shooting motion that doesnt look like shit is blowing up the WNBA

Get the **** over it
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:27 AM   #2710
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
They absolutely should have put her on the team as a bench player. They could have sold the hell out of jerseys and used her to attract attention. It's pure ignorance that they didn't, but it's obviously par for the course for those running things.

This whole deal has exposed nearly everything that is wrong with the WNBA though. I have a feeling they're not going to learn and adapt anywhere near as fast as a well run league would. I don't think she'll do it, but she should absolutely be taking the "I'm getting mine" approach for a year or two. There's just not enough new girls like her coming in fast enough for her to turn the tide league wide. What is there, 3 in this class capable of turning the league's image into something more positive? She needs way more help if they're going to turn angry, clumsy, lesbian ball into something people actually want to watch.

The whole thing makes the NFL, and especially the Chiefs, look like they're run to near perfection. Even with all the arrests, the team and league just keep churning in rookies and evolving as needed.
A huge piece is getting rid of the old guard. Has anyone heard from USWNT or their activists after rapinoe left? And with that, the outrage mongers in the media need to be put in their place and poor Olympic ratings might help move that.

I do think there are a few in the upcoming classes that will bring in a newer and better brand of watchable basketball. Paige bueckers is a crossover who will be well liked by the old and new guard. But juju Watkins will also be a legit superstar in a very different way, and not just one the wnba forces you to like. That will expose a lot of hypocrisy from fans who want to make this about race when really it’s about having just a way more watchable basketball style.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:41 PM   #2711
Supporter

Quote:
This isn’t about inexperience. It wasn’t an issue when Candace Parker, taurasi and Breanna Stewart made the Olympics as a rookie.
All three of them won multiple NCAA titles, combining for a total of 9 (Parker 2x, Taurasi 3x, Stewart 4x). Maybe those achievements helped lift their rookie profiles enough, among other factors, for them to be selected at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
You're weird.
Indeed...
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:45 PM   #2712
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Its so funny people are mad that a white girl
Stopped right there. That's all that has to be said.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:55 PM   #2713
In Search of a Life

Quote:
All three of them won multiple NCAA titles, combining for a total of 9 (Parker 2x, Taurasi 3x, Stewart 4x). Maybe those achievements helped lift their rookie profiles enough, among other factors, for them to be selected at the time?

Indeed...
It blows a hole in the bs idea that rookies don’t make the team. Or that it’s because she didn’t play in training camp. Making back to back finals and breaking college records is more than enough pedigree especially for a 12th spot that would just keep the bench warm. And now taurasi, who “stole” a spot from pros who earned it when she was a rookie now is going to steal a spot from a rookie and use experience as an excuse. Everyone outside of their tiny little bubble sees the hypocrisy.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:58 PM   #2714
Supporter

Quote:
Making back to back finals and breaking college records is more than enough pedigree especially for a 12th spot that would just keep the bench warm.
Apparently not.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:03 PM   #2715
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Apparently not.
Yes because there are other reasons why they kept her off the roster that are stupid and petty. It isn’t about the best 12 otherwise arike would be in over taurasi. It isn’t about inexperience because it wasn’t a problem in the past.