Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:51 AM   #2701
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
We basically all agree, right? We want snaps to start to reflect a top 3 of MVS, Rice and Toney and throw the scraps to the rest.
That appears to be the growing consensus, yes.

I think some are still hanging on to the glimmer of hope that was "Skyy Moore: Best Receiver In the Draft" but I'd say the vast majority have moved past that into wanting to put the 3 guys on the field who seem most capable of immediately performing.

And those three certainly appear to my eyes to be Toney, MVS and Rice.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:34 AM   #2702
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 11:35 AM   #2703
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I mean, in the end good chance we end up fine and we’ll look like geniuses for doing it without spending money. I don’t think we needed to make it this difficult early on or that the chiefs expected it would be this hard. And I certainly don’t like mahomes operating in this kind of chaos. I think we caught some breaks in scheduling early on that help us get over the initial hump.

Am I content that rashee solves everything ? No. Do I feel content that he’s a good bridge as we rebuild our WR room? Still think we need extra weapons but I’m content with that.
I think the primary problem was they expected a lot more of a leap from Moore and he's be an abject disappointment. And with Toney's playing his usual role of injured, it's been a very disjointed beginning.

This plan largely worked last year and I give them a pass for thinking they could replicate it again, even if I did think expecting Mahomes to play at an MVP level each year was a super aggressive (and unfair) ask.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:47 AM   #2704
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

And James, to me, was a natural fallback for Moore and he looked like shattered ass before getting hurt.

So a leg of the stool just hasn't been there. Moore didn't make a leap and James didn't provide the expected Moore insurance. So we're just swimming upstream here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:54 AM   #2705
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And James, to me, was a natural fallback for Moore and he looked like shattered ass before getting hurt.

So a leg of the stool just hasn't been there. Moore didn't make a leap and James didn't provide the expected Moore insurance. So we're just swimming upstream here.
So while we have the argument on one side of having a bunch of good not great players, there's always the unknown and on the other side you have an expensive single option Tyreek.

It's a toss up here.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:57 AM   #2706
Has a particular set of skills

MVS, Watson and Moore got 121 snaps on Sunday. For a total of 11 yards and two catches.

Why in the **** is no one else getting a chance at this number of snaps?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #2707
Andy Reid Supporter

Mahomes has missed open receivers though. Here's one where he held onto the ball and should have thrown it.

No idea why he held this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9E49FCA1-16CF-4A03-AC34-B221CB357BCD.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	126580  
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:08 PM   #2708
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mahomes has missed open receivers though. Here's one where he held onto the ball and should have thrown it.

No idea why he held this
All-22 shows him looking at open deep receivers and not throwing the ball. We know Mahomes doesn’t suck now. It just has to be a trust issue.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:13 PM   #2709
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The Jets D struggles more against the run than the pass, the Chiefs got up 17-0 and the Qb seemed to be struggling so...yeah, I'd say that was the gameplan at that point?

The WR's haven't been good enough. I don't think anyone would argue with that?

They went young and inexperienced there and decided to spend money and resources elsewhere. I dont' think it's unreasonable to give them to the bye or so to have it figured out, but I also think the GM has been pretty proactive about filling needs if they ID them. So with the trade deadline approaching, we will find out.

No. Sorry, this is the NFL, and no coach thinks "well, we're up by 17 in the first half, with a whole half to go, I need to take my foot off the gas. Never seen that go sideways before."

It's not a thing. Even against the Jets. If it were a thing, Andy wouldn't have put 41 on CHI. Or any of the other dozen teams he's shellacked in the past.

And I'm not saying they 'suck' forever. I literally have been saying that every 4 or 5 weeks they should be evaluated to see where they are. Currently, after four games, they are playing below expectations. Which I also said would probably be the case until (hopefully not much later than) Week 10 or so. When they finally gel (fingers crossed).

The goal here is for them to play to at least last season's level, which is pretty low bar, but whatever it takes.

They ain't there yet. They're not particularly close right now. As a room, they're averaging less than 148 yards/game. Most playoff-caliber teams are getting more than that out of two-three WRs.

But I expect Andy/Nagy to make some adjustments to the snapcounts of these guys and we'll see what the next 4-5 weeks brings, and because it's Andy, I'm positive we'll see adjustments and improvements.

My contention is with the idea that the WR room is doing well, or that it's good enough.

They're not good.

Skyy, who was sold to us by some Chiefs journalists as well as CPers, as the TC monster, as fallen pretty flat, outside of his "big" 70-yd game, and after 23 games in the NFL, Skyy's production has left a lot to be desired. Including getting blanked in 8 games.

MVS, who was billed as a "legitimate WR2," is currently averaging less than 2 catches per game.

Toney hasn't produced up to a WR1/WR2 or even a WR3 level, with just 57 yards to his credit after four games.

And those were the three WRs we thought were the most likely to catch on quickly this year. They were supposed to be the guys that propped the room up until Rice/Ross could get their feet under them, right?

Well, that didn't really work out so well.

The one positive thing that's happened within that room is that Rice is playing fairly well so far, his drop issue aside. Need to see a lot more, but for his first month as a pro he's doing okay.

The rest of the room is playing like a bottom-tier unit, and if that continues the rest of the season we can forget about the SB.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #2710
MVP

I think Patrick may just be a hair off for some reason. I think things will improve for him over the year and if they can run MVS and Rice out there more, then they should be good. I agree with the Toney sentiment, but the guy isn't ever healthy enough to get a bunch of snaps. I just don't see them giving Rice the opportunity and that's just one of bad things about Reid. Rice has been the most productive WR even with a lot less playing time.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #2711
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
No. Sorry, this is the NFL, and no coach thinks "well, we're up by 17 in the first half, with a whole half to go, I need to take my foot off the gas. Never seen that go sideways before."

It's not a thing. Even against the Jets. If it were a thing, Andy wouldn't have put 41 on CHI. Or any of the other dozen teams he's shellacked in the past.

And I'm not saying they 'suck' forever. I literally have been saying that every 4 or 5 weeks they should be evaluated to see where they are. Currently, after four games, they are playing below expectations. Which I also said would probably be the case until (hopefully not much later than) Week 10 or so. When they finally gel (fingers crossed).

The goal here is for them to play to at least last season's level, which is pretty low bar, but whatever it takes.

They ain't there yet. They're not particularly close right now. As a room, they're averaging less than 148 yards/game. Most playoff-caliber teams are getting more than that out of two-three WRs.

But I expect Andy/Nagy to make some adjustments to the snapcounts of these guys and we'll see what the next 4-5 weeks brings, and because it's Andy, I'm positive we'll see adjustments and improvements.

My contention is with the idea that the WR room is doing well, or that it's good enough.

They're not good.

Skyy, who was sold to us by some Chiefs journalists as well as CPers, as the TC monster, as fallen pretty flat, outside of his "big" 70-yd game, and after 23 games in the NFL, Skyy's production has left a lot to be desired. Including getting blanked in 8 games.

MVS, who was billed as a "legitimate WR2," is currently averaging less than 2 catches per game.

Toney hasn't produced up to a WR1/WR2 or even a WR3 level, with just 57 yards to his credit after four games.

And those were the three WRs we thought were the most likely to catch on quickly this year. They were supposed to be the guys that propped the room up until Rice/Ross could get their feet under them, right?

Well, that didn't really work out so well.

The one positive thing that's happened within that room is that Rice is playing fairly well so far, his drop issue aside. Need to see a lot more, but for his first month as a pro he's doing okay.

The rest of the room is playing like a bottom-tier unit, and if that continues the rest of the season we can forget about the SB.
Have you.....have you watched Zach Wilson play football this year?

Yeah, once they went up 17-0 and after the safety/Pats int they went into a shell. It's not the first time it's happened.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #2712
Beyond the Rapids

I don't think Reid is going to keep sending Moore out there if he's running banana routes, dropping passes, or if Mahomes just doesn't trust him anymore. They are obviously giving him every opportunity to show he belongs but he doesn't have a divine right to be out there when you have someone like Rice who's producing and earning more snaps.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:28 PM   #2713
Starter

Is it financally possible for us to sign Davante Adams???
IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:29 PM   #2714
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

I'm convinced that if Ross had Moore's snap count we would see real production on the outside.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:41 PM   #2715
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

I promise you I can find more instances of games where we get a lead and give it up because it feels we've taken our foot off the gas than you can find instances where we get a big lead and keep piling it on. It's basically been a staple of Reid's time in KC and it's been remarked upon and complained about endlessly here. We have lacked a killshot to put teams away even at the best of times.

It's weird you or anyone else would see it different.

Then consider that we're playing the Jets who - in the right hands at QB - could definitely be someone we see again in the playoffs, and it's totally classic Andy to go more vanilla than he otherwise would've up 17-0 against Zach Wilson.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.