Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #27106
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
So what is the cult of work mean?

That video goes very in depth with it using the Simpsons to explain it so it's entertaining. It does it far better than I'm going to do trying to summarize it.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #27107
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by limested View Post
I think it is more we made it to the top of the mountain. We think we have conquered it but we can't see through the clouds that we have another much taller and dangerous mountain just ahead.
We are on 6 consecutive days of decline in deaths, why would there be a mountain in front of us now? If that's the case we have been wasting our time up to now.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #27108
Cheat Death

Are there any hospitalization rates being tracked that are available publicly?
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #27109
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
We are on 6 consecutive days of decline in deaths, why would there be a mountain in front of us now? If that's the case we have been wasting our time up to now.
Do we really have to have the weekend reporting conversation again?
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #27110
Kind of a mod

Quote:
He's saying that the easing restrictions is going to cause another spike since we haven't really declined much yet.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #27111
best in the biz

Some of you sound like virus cheerleaders.

You don't have one damn clue about a future spike, etc.

It's like you WANT it to keep going.

Millions starved during the depression. MILLIONS. Millions killed themselves..

We got through that.

You want to "lay down and die" for this virus, you're already dead and won't have a country as you know it to come back to.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #27112
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Do we really have to have the weekend reporting conversation again?
So the other 4 days were outliers as well I guess. I know the number will go up today and or tomorrow but wouldn't it be prudent to average the numbers over those days? Take any given 7 day average for example?

No matter how you spin it the numbers are going down. I mean wasn't that the idea behind all this? Like I said if the numbers aren't dropping this is a wasted exercise and we should have went the Sweden route.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:16 AM   #27113

Quote:
So the other 4 days were outliers as well I guess. I know the number will go up today and or tomorrow but wouldn't it be prudent to average the numbers over those days? Take any given 7 day average for example?

No matter how you spin it the numbers are going down. I mean wasn't that the idea behind all this? Like I said if the numbers aren't dropping this is a wasted exercise and we should have went the Sweden route.
Use the rolling seven day average. The daily reporting numbers are too scattershot.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #27114
Kind of a mod

Quote:

The issue is that the declines aren't happening anywhere near as fast as the models have suggested, which makes the decisions to ease restrictions seem a bit premature.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:18 AM   #27115

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

We got through that.

You want to "lay down and die" for this virus, you're already dead and won't have a country as you know it to come back to.
This is not true at all, actually. Mortality rate actually dropped during the Depression, and nowhere near millions of people killed themselves.

https://www.pnas.org/content/106/41/17290
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #27116
Forever Royal

There have been thousands of essential businesses running for weeks now and I haven’t seen any indication that there is some trend of those causing infections at an abnormal rate or of thousands of grocery store, hardware, or Costco workers being infected. I believe people are getting infected but it’s not the most high risk groups so we just aren’t hearing about because they aren’t leading to high hospitalizations.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #27117
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

We got through that.

You really have no clue to what you are talking about.
limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #27118
Shit

Quote:
well 3 of those days were 2470, 2390, 2201

thats a decline... but not enough IMO

especially when this has happened before
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #27119
Shit

i wish i could figure out how to post the daily deaths graph from worldometer...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #27120
I love your mom

one economists opinion on opening things up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6900509/c...ning-backfire/
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.