Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #26986
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out
That's the whole thing: No one knows how this will play out.

If an effective vaccine appears a year from now that's been clinically studied across all age groups and those with existing conditions that make them more susceptible to COVID-19, I'm sure there will be recommendations by physicians as to who should receive the vaccine.

If it goes to market in less than 6 months, you're asking physicians and doctors across the country to take an enormous risk, one that could damage reputations, inspire lawsuits and further erode the population's faith in doctors, scientists and pharmaceutical companies.

That's the exact reason why I believe that the plan moving forward should not include a vaccine and it one is studied properly and proven effective, which could take another year or years.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #26987
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
O city keeps talking about vaccines but I'm willing to bet there wont be one
Why would you think that?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #26988
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Iowa, KS, and Nebraska kind of look like states that shouldn't be opening unless we turn around fast. We're going to do it because I think there isn't much of a choice. If you're over a 1 still shut down, Im not sure what you could expect opening up.
Kansas has been on lock down what will be the better part of 2 months by the time they start to open, at least for the KC area. Unless the hospitals start to hemorrhage you are going to have a hard time telling people that not only did you most likely lock down too early, you're going to stay locked down another month or two.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #26989
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
You want to rip Lewdog and all of the other workers at his place out of their home? He knows the risks to his family, which are apparently low so it’s not like he’s being callous or not caring about others. If they all three stay isolated what’s wrong with that? In fact it’s better if they get it now in isolation and develop immunity without risk of spreading it beyond their small family unit.

I think most people wouldn't want to infect their family members and if everyone had a place where they could isolate for 14 days then they should but if they don't then why not a voluntary quarantine in an empty hotel with other covid people.

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #26990
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Why would you think that?
Vaccines arent simple things and how often is one created for a new virus within a years time?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #26991
I love your mom

Quote:
Vaccines arent simple things and how often is one created for a new virus within a years time?
H1n1 was less than a year i believe.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #26992
In Search of a Life

The problem with vaccines especially against things like hiv isn’t the making of the vaccine, it’s the mutation of the virus.

This far that’s not a problem here
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #26993
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Kansas has been on lock down what will be the better part of 2 months by the time they start to open, at least for the KC area. Unless the hospitals start to hemorrhage you are going to have a hard time telling people that not only did you most likely lock down too early, you're going to stay locked down another month or two.
I don’t think we disagree? We're going to have to try. I hope it works out ok.

I'll be honest, I'm very excited to go back to work. A weird thing to say but it's true. WFH has some real neat advantages in terms of getting things done around the house, commute, etc. but it's not for me full time.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #26994
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I don’t think we disagree? We're going to have to try. I hope it works out ok.

I'll be honest, I'm very excited to go back to work. A weird thing to say but it's true. WFH has some real neat advantages in terms of getting things done around the house, commute, etc. but it's not for me full time.
My kids actually want to go back to school, they have missed their sports as well.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #26995
Banned

Tempe:

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #26996
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Tempe:

Philly

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #26997
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Tempe:

Wtf is that?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #26998
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Philly

MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #26999
Banned

Quote:
Wtf is that?
Smart car for ants.

For real, they are delivering online orders. They are buzzing all over Tempe. If you get close to it it will speed up. Too close and it warns you. It will also tell you to move if you get in front of it. They also read traffic signals so they can cross busy streets safely.

Bye bye food delivery jobs. I want one for my own personal use.

Last edited by eDave; 05-03-2020 at 03:27 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:11 PM   #27000
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I think most people wouldn't want to infect their family members and if everyone had a place where they could isolate for 14 days then they should but if they don't then why not a voluntary quarantine in an empty hotel with other covid people.
I agree. It would have to be voluntarily but I think we should provide places for people who are willing to isolate And don't want to infect family/housemates.

Most cities have lots of empty hotel rooms.

You would need social workers to make sure they were getting appropriate food, medicines etc.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.