Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #2686
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
No, dude. We have not exposed this; you have just prematurely concluded it.

JuJu is proving to be every bit a JAG once he's been taken out of the Andy Reid offense. Yes, he produced last year, but are you so sure that he wasn't a role guy who was just elevated in this offense? And since I don't believe it's easy to comfortably conclude that, then what is to say that Rice can't easily fill the JuJu role or even exceed it by end of year? (Note: I said Rice and not Moore particularly because I don't have much optimism for the latter.)
I am optimistic rashee can fill the juju role. But I don’t think it’s premature to be skeptical that anyone else can. What do you think we’re gonna learn differently from our starting core? We know what Mvs and Watson are. We know we cant rely on toney to healthily take on snaps.

We walked into the season probably overconfident in our current starters to be “fine.” We probably need rashee to progress way faster than we planned for which was a risk, but thankfully he looks capable of doing that.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #2687
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's really one of the strangest parts of all of this to me.

He's just being used as a decoy but he's clearly the most polished of our WRs.

Start using the damn guy. He looks genuinely good out there. No, he's not a #1 guy but he's a solid receiver and pressures defenses. Get him back into the progressions because he's the most consistent weapon we have out there outside of Kelce.

Anytime I can just get an All-22 view or am at the stadium, there's a noticeable difference between him and everyone else. Even Rice isn't as crisp as MVS. He's a legitimate NFL wide receiver while the other guys are JAGs or, in the case of Rice/Tony, still getting up to speed due to inexperience or injury.

I'm just getting frustrated by the dicking around here. We have a top 3. It's Toney, MVS and Rice. And it's obvious when you watch them.
Yeah....I don't really get it.

Pat just doesn't seem to be playing well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:17 AM   #2688
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Is it because Mahomes is second guessing himself? Either because of protection or because of the WRs?

It's obvious just watching the game that he's looking at those deep shots and then pulling the ball down. You would figure that he would be constantly targeting Kelce and MVS.
Maybe.

But honestly I think it's a gameplan thing. I don't think he's really in the progressions most of the time. He's being used as a clear-out to pull away the safety.

That's why I want to bring Hardman back. If that's what you're gonna use your most experienced WR for, just bring Hardman in and have HIM do it. Won't cost much and it would free up MVS to actually be utilized.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #2689
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Maybe.

But honestly I think it's a gameplan thing. I don't think he's really in the progressions most of the time. He's being used as a clear-out to pull away the safety.

That's why I want to bring Hardman back. If that's what you're gonna use your most experienced WR for, just bring Hardman in and have HIM do it. Won't cost much and it would free up MVS to actually be utilized.
But even then, safeties aren't gonna go with it if you aren't gonna throw it to him once in a while.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:20 AM   #2690
Veteran

Didn’t MVS have a couple drops Sunday night?
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:22 AM   #2691
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I am optimistic rashee can fill the juju role. But I don’t think it’s premature to be skeptical that anyone else can.
Then what's the problem with our current WRs? If Rice can fill the JuJu role and he does so by the last quarter of the season, then we're back to last season's offense with a better defense, and doesn't that give us as good a shot as anyone at winning a SB?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:26 AM   #2692
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
That's really one of the strangest parts of all of this to me.

He's just being used as a decoy but he's clearly the most polished of our WRs.

Start using the damn guy. He looks genuinely good out there. No, he's not a #1 guy but he's a solid receiver and pressures defenses. Get him back into the progressions because he's the most consistent weapon we have out there outside of Kelce.

Anytime I can just get an All-22 view or am at the stadium, there's a noticeable difference between him and everyone else. Even Rice isn't as crisp as MVS. He's a legitimate NFL wide receiver while the other guys are JAGs or, in the case of Rice/Tony, still getting up to speed due to inexperience or injury.

I'm just getting frustrated by the dicking around here. We have a top 3. It's Toney, MVS and Rice. And it's obvious when you watch them.
Maybe he practices differently than he plays so QBs have no idea what they're getting from him or how to adjust to his game speed. I mean dude has had two God tier QBs and can't get a connection with either one, it has to be something he's doing or not doing.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM   #2693
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Then what's the problem with our current WRs? If Rice can fill the JuJu role and he does so by the last quarter of the season, then we're back to last season's offense with a better defense, and doesn't that give us as good a shot as anyone at winning a SB?
We had a RB score like 10 TD's and such down the stretch last year.

I dont' think we should bank on last years production to be good enough.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:39 AM   #2694
In Search of a Life

Is Diontae Johnson any good?
Old 10-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #2695
MVP

If Jets game prompted this thread, this is a case of ignoring the game and myopic focus on WR stats.
Chiefs opened game with 3 scoring drives,

8 plays 57 yards FG

5 plays 69 yards TD

6 plays 89 yards TD

Then a 2 play drive ends with a penalty in the end zone safety.

Then Mahomes INT on the very first play of the drive.

Then scoring drive

10 plays 56 yards FG

Then punt drives

3 plays 6 yards PUNT
4 plays 20 yards PUNT

Then Chiefs drain the clock with winning FG drive and kill the clock drive

14 plays 80 yards FG
15 plays 45 yards END of GAME
The game story says Mahomes threw INTs on the very first play of 2 separate drives by trying to loft a touch pass over defenders that were able to intercept the ball.

Two drives end in punts.

Then Chiefs run 29 of the last 35 plays of the game.

Chiefs had 204 rushing yards.

The offense did not have a bad game because of WRs.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:34 AM   #2696
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

Amen. Been saying that since week 2.

1st quarter of the season is over. We should start seeing snap count changes here in the 2nd quarter of the season, headed into the half way mark where they should really start having a consistent rotation of the same 3-4 guys.

That's what i think/hope is going on here.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:42 AM   #2697
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I mean, in the end good chance we end up fine and we’ll look like geniuses for doing it without spending money. I don’t think we needed to make it this difficult early on or that the chiefs expected it would be this hard. And I certainly don’t like mahomes operating in this kind of chaos. I think we caught some breaks in scheduling early on that help us get over the initial hump.

Am I content that rashee solves everything ? No. Do I feel content that he’s a good bridge as we rebuild our WR room? Still think we need extra weapons but I’m content with that.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:47 AM   #2698
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Didn’t MVS have a couple drops Sunday night?
He had a tough contested catch that is probably going to go down as a pass defensed rather than a drop. I'd say the grader ultimately would've made that determination - either would be defensible.

I don't recall an outright drop from him, though. Kelce and Rice both had pretty blatant ones but I think MVS just couldn't secure the catch through the defender bodying him.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:48 AM   #2699
Veteran

We basically all agree, right? We want snaps to start to reflect a top 3 of MVS, Rice and Toney and throw the scraps to the rest.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #2700
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
If Jets game prompted this thread, this is a case of ignoring the game and myopic focus on WR stats.
Chiefs opened game with 3 scoring drives,

8 plays 57 yards FG

5 plays 69 yards TD

6 plays 89 yards TD

Then a 2 play drive ends with a penalty in the end zone safety.

Then scoring drive

10 plays 56 yards FG

Then punt drives

3 plays 6 yards PUNT
4 plays 20 yards PUNT

Then Chiefs drain the clock with winning FG drive and kill the clock drive

14 plays 80 yards FG
15 plays 45 yards END of GAME
The game story says Mahomes threw INTs on the very first play of 2 separate drives by trying to loft a touch pass over defenders that were able to intercept the ball.

Two drives end in punts.

Then Chiefs run 29 of the last 35 plays of the game.

Chiefs had 204 rushing yards.

The offense did not have a bad game because of WRs.
The chiefs had early success by running and going heavy on tight ends. Gray was our feature guy. The jets neutralized our passing attack by bracketing kelce and doing basic man coverage against our WRs. Mahomes standing in the pocket for 50 seconds, his happy feet, and making totally uncharacteristic mistakes or missed reads indicate otherwise. We survived the game because Pacheco was able to carry the passing game. But we were flat out stifled in the passing game once he adjusted to us.

Our WRs were bad and it’s not just reflected in wr stats, it also allowed them to lock down kelce. That’s a good defense and secondary but let’s not deflect blame from them. They weren’t good.