Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2021, 02:10 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs sign C Austin Blythe

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:17 PM   #256
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
That they're initial plan didn't when do then they went back to offer him a deal and he didn't take it?
JFC you’re an idiot.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #257
MVP

Whatever the Chiefs may or may not have thought of Reiter, he clearly overplayed his hand and now he's an afterthought.

I'm guessing they got tired of waiting on him to make up his mind and offered a similar one year deal to Blythe. He snapped it up and now Reiter is going to have to take whatever he can get elsewhere.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:19 PM   #258
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
JFC you’re an idiot.
I can't even guess what he was trying to say there...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:19 PM   #259
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post

I wonder which report ended up being true?
Both? They let him hit free agency and then tried to re-sign him 2 weeks ago. He then either turned down the deal or took to long to decide and they went with Blythe.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:20 PM   #260
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
That “they’re initial plan didn’t when do” bro!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:21 PM   #261
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
JFC you’re an idiot.
How? According to you the initial plan was to let Reiter go and go in a different direction. That direction must not have worked if they then went back and gave an offer to Reiter. What part of that don't you understand? Or do you think Herbe Teope was lying about the offer?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #262
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Typing on phone. My bad. I really should start proof reading my posts lol. The initial plan didn't work and they went back to trying to get Reiter back.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:24 PM   #263
In Search of a Life

Quote:
How? According to you the initial plan was to let Reiter go and go in a different direction. That direction must not have worked if they then went back and gave an offer to Reiter. What part of that don't you understand? Or do you think Herbe Teope was lying about the offer?
That was their initial plan and in the end they stuck with it and went with Blythe before Reiter ever even made a decision.

All of this started because I pointed to Reiter’s poor run blocking as an issue that pushed the Chiefs into a different direction.

It couldn’t be more obvious that that’s the case.

But contrarians gonna contrarian...
Old 03-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #264
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
That was their initial plan and in the end they stuck with it and went with Blythe before Reiter ever even made a decision.

All of this started because I pointed to Reiter’s poor run blocking as an issue that pushed the Chiefs into a different direction.

It couldn’t be more obvious that that’s the case.

But contrarians gonna contrarian...
So why when projecting what the line was going to look like next year did you keep inserting Reiter if you knew they were going away from him no matter what?

And why even give him an offer if the plan was to get Blythe? Just for shits and giggles I guess. What if Reiter had actually signed that offer . That would have been weird.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:35 PM   #265
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Typing on phone.
Cell phones are the death of western civilization...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #266
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So why when projecting what the line was going to look like next year did you keep inserting Reiter if you knew they were going away from him no matter what?

And why even give him an offer if the plan was to get Blythe? Just for shits and giggles I guess. What if Reiter had actually signed that offer . That would have been weird.
Where did I say that I knew they were going away from him no matter what? Holy strawman.

I went with the reports. At first the reports were they were letting him walk, then they were that they could possibly bring him back. In the end, they didn’t, so I’m assuming they preferred a change at C all along like any rational person would.

Reiter was still on the market when they signed Blythe. If they really wanted Reiter, they could’ve waited, but they didn’t. Are you really this ****ing dumb?
Old 03-31-2021, 01:45 PM   #267
SuperBowl or bust

A lot of the value placed on players is their position flexibility. That goes double for OL because you can only usually afford to have 7 active. No team has 10 active. If you aren’t a starter, you need to be able to play multiple positions to be available. Also, as we saw horrifically last year, is that as injuries happen players get shuffled around.

Blythe was obviously signed to play center right away, but he may end up at RG at one point this season.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:50 PM   #268
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Where did I say that I knew they were going away from him no matter what? Holy strawman.

I went with the reports. At first the reports were they were letting him walk, then they were that they could possibly bring him back. In the end, they didn’t, so I’m assuming they preferred a change at C all along like any rational person would.

Reiter was still on the market when they signed Blythe. If they really wanted Reiter, they could’ve waited, but they didn’t. Are you really this ****ing dumb?
I mean, it comes down to ROI.

Blythe at essentially free (with vet exemption) while losing a qualifying free agent not only keeps a vet at center, it saves us money and possibly rewards us with a draft pick if/when Reiter signs elsewhere.

Being it’s only a 1 year deal, losing him to next years free agency also provides the possibility of another comp pick the following draft, as well.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:54 PM   #269
SuperBowl or bust

LDT has only started 16 games in a year once and has missed 20 games to injury in his 5 years before opting out of 2020.

Longs injury history is well known.

Neither of those guys can be fully counted on to play 16 games at RG at a high level.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:55 PM   #270
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

They likely didn't feel like waiting any longer and couldn't afford to wait and potentially have him still sign elsewhere and have even less options than they have now.

It's not that hard Stay. Put your thinking cap on.