Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2022, 08:15 AM  
synthesis2

EV Cars/Trucks

Since I was banned from the Gas thread for simply saying I was glad I have a EV car now I thought I'd answer the question that was posed to me by another before I was banned.(still have zero idea why.

We have a Model 3 long range, it gets around 340 miles per charge and our all in was 50k for the car, $500 for the Wall Charger (you don't need but its cool looking)

Our previous car was a Porsche Cayenne, here is what we spent in the year we owned it. My wife is a rep and uses as her company car. ( she gets paid mileage) so we paid 40k for it. Was a year old when we got it. She drove it 50K in a year, we had to use premium unleaded gas and it got around 18 miles per gallon. We had to get it serviced 3 times with a average cost of $500-700 on each service. I don't know how much we paid in gas but lets assume we still had it today and Premium was going for 4.50 a gallon, it would be around 12-14k on gas a year, along with $1500-2000 in services so our all in each year was 13.5-16k per year in service and gas.

With our Tesla our electricity has seemed to go up $40-50 per month, so lets call it $600 plus tires rotated $100, windshield wiper fluid $5 so for the year its around $800 vs. 13.5-16k.

So the 10k cost difference was made up in less than a year and now we are saving 12k plus per year compared. Plus she loves the car much more than the Porsche.

I know compared with a ford focus the math may not ever make sense but for a nicer car its been awesome for us.
synthesis2 has disabled reputation
Old 06-24-2024, 07:18 PM   #256
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Ah. I think I’ll be choosing between that or the EV9 in a few years.
Was out in Vegas for a weekend of Dead & Company shows and they had an Euro version there with a rep (in photos). It’s very large with a lot of room. They take their time with stuff but when they finally do something,it’s impressive. I think they VW Bus will live forever just because
Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-24-2024, 08:10 PM   #257
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
The problem with Chinese EVs is the same problem with everything made in China, the quality is crap.

Yea, Japanese cars used to be crap also.

China already produces a lot of high quality parts. For instance batteries, which are a key part of the EV race.

For geopolitical risk reasons, I think the US/West should generally try and decouple from China to the extent possible. Not something that is easy to do quickly. China may not make huge inroads into the US market, because they won't be allowed to compete. But I expect they will capture a sizable amount of the world wide EV market in the next 10 or 20 years. I mean a good chunk of the market is in China.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-26-2024, 05:37 AM   #258
Supporter

Rivian stock jumped more than 50% on Volkswagen's $5 billion investment
Volkswagen is initially investing $1 billion in the EV maker, with an additional $4 billion to come by 2026

Rivian Automotive and Volkswagen Group are joining forces as they look to develop software technology that will help drive their production of electric vehicles.

https://qz.com/rivian-stock-volkswag...ent=newsletter
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #259
Supporter

Tesla Sales in Reverse Gear For Second Straight Quarter
It’s official: Tesla is on a losing streak.

Elon Musk’s high-flying company said Tuesday that sales fell for the second straight quarter, marking its first back-to-back sales drops since 2012. But its stock still rose 10%. Sometimes all you have to be is not as bad as Wall Street feared.

Less is More (Than Expected)
Tesla has been downplaying expectations since early this year, when executives adopted the talking point that they are “between two major growth waves.” It’s a tacit acknowledgement that the Model 3, introduced in 2017, and Model Y, introduced in 2020, are hot new commodities no more. Earlier this year, the company announced plans to cut 10% of staff to shore up operating margins, which were squeezed by cuts to vehicle prices meant to fend off burgeoning competition from rival automakers in China and the US. Tuesday’s sales numbers, meanwhile, did enough to impress in the face of lowered expectations:

The company delivered 443,956 vehicles in the second quarter — while that’s 4.8% less than a year ago, it comfortably beat the FactSet consensus estimate of 436,000. Tesla also manufactured 410,831 electric vehicles in the quarter, or 14.3% less than a year ago — a positive sign, because it suggests the company is managing its unsold inventory to prevent buildup.
Tesla will report its full second-quarter results on July 23, but an arguably more important harbinger of the company’s future will take place on Aug. 8, when it plans to host a “Robotaxi day.” CEO Elon Musk claimed last month that Tesla, which has a $724 billion market cap, could one day be worth $30 trillion on the strength of robotics and artificial intelligence innovations — we’d like to see the robotaxi survive 10 minutes on the New Jersey Turnpike before placing any bets.
Little Trouble in Big China: Tesla maintained the crown of the world’s top-selling electric carmaker, but the race is tightening, and its prospects in the highly competitive Chinese market took a major dent Tuesday. Chinese rival BYD sold 426,039 electric vehicles worldwide in the second quarter, a 21% year-over-year increase, putting it within striking distance of being the top seller. Meanwhile, the China Passenger Car Association said sales of Tesla’s China-manufactured vehicles fell 24% year-over-year and 2.2% in June.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #260
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

EVs are a ploy by the liberal govt and George Soros to mind control
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #261
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
EVs are a ploy by the liberal govt and George Soros to mind control
My liberal govt ploy drives pretty well, I must say.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #262
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
When was the last time you drove more than 250 miles in one shot? For me, it's been probably 3 years, so an EV works perfectly.

I'd say that you should go drive the lightning and see what you think.
I took your advice and finally went to drive one last weekend. It was pretty fun, but I don't really ever like test driving a car with a salesman in it.

I'm knee deep in negotiating one right now at a different dealership that has the color I want, but not sure we'll end up getting to a deal. Hoping I can though!
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #263
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
I'm wavering on the idea of getting an electric vehicle. I currently have a 2018 F150 and I'm ready for something new. Considering getting the F150 Lightning, but I'm nervous about regretting it. I don't often drive super long distances but the limitation of HAVING to find a charger is worrisome. We could always take my wife's vehicle on any trips that are more than a few hundred miles but it's still annoying to me that it's either take her car or find a charger and wait if we're going more than 250 miles.

On that note, anyone here have an F150 Lightning that can chime in? Between the fed tax rebate, the manufacturer discounts and a personal cash offer I'm sitting on, I can get one MSRP $79k for about $55k right now.
I watched some pretty decent reviews on YouTube once upon a time. I'll see if I can dig up the channel.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:22 PM   #264
Supporter

Here it is.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #265
Supporter

There's one in town locally. I'd like to talk to them and see what it's like. EV would be decent for the farm pickup.
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #266
error 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Rivian stock jumped more than 50% on Volkswagen's $5 billion investment
Volkswagen is initially investing $1 billion in the EV maker, with an additional $4 billion to come by 2026

Rivian Automotive and Volkswagen Group are joining forces as they look to develop software technology that will help drive their production of electric vehicles.

https://qz.com/rivian-stock-volkswag...ent=newsletter
Volkswagen needs to invest that $1 billion into thier charging network Electrify America. It is a total peace of crap. There are not enough of them and if you find one half the chargers are out of order.
sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #267
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs View Post
Volkswagen needs to invest that $1 billion into thier charging network Electrify America. It is a total peace of crap. There are not enough of them and if you find one half the chargers are out of order.
I have heard about the shortage but don't recall hearing about them being out of order. WTF? How hard can that be?
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #268
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
I took your advice and finally went to drive one last weekend. It was pretty fun, but I don't really ever like test driving a car with a salesman in it.

I'm knee deep in negotiating one right now at a different dealership that has the color I want, but not sure we'll end up getting to a deal. Hoping I can though!
Nice!
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.