Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2019, 02:22 PM  
In Search of a Life

No Surgery for Eric Berry

Thought this might deserve it's own thread.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #256
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Yeah people who have problems with Petro think it's because he's dumb. Yep that's the M.O. right there. He's dumb.

give me a ****ing break.

God this place is trash today.
You’re reading the “Eric Berry (insert anything)” thread. Your expectations were what exactly?

I’m beginning to think Chiefs fans - especially those on CP - don’t really like him.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #257
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
You guys.... Petro is saying that you cut Berry, not keep him.

The Tweet doesn't read like that. Maybe with voice inflection? All I can do is go on his track record, the same track record that defended Cassel until it was blatantly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that Cassel sucked.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #258
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
The guy is a complete ****ing Lop and has been going all the way back to Herm Edwards, and probably before that I'm sure. Only the dumbest of ****s listen to one single word that comes from his or Keitzman's mouth without first grabbing a salt-lick to chew on.

If there's a wrong move, if there's an IDIOTIC move, if there's a COMPLETELY stupid ****ing take to be had, he will root it out endlessly and scream it from the top of the radio mountain for all to be made dumber by it. I personally credit him and Keitzman for the portion of this fan base that doesn't know it's dick from a stick, and couldn't understand why the most basic and rudimentary elements of team-building do NOT start at Left Tackle.
lol no
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #259
Choco Favre

Quote:
The Tweet doesn't read like that. Maybe with voice inflection? All I can do is go on his track record, the same track record that defended Cassel until it was blatantly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that Cassel sucked.
It sounds like Petro is saying Berry can be a productive player for Oak, Den or LA.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #260
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
It sounds like Petro is saying Berry can be a productive player for Oak, Den or LA.
That's what I read as well. And to that I say, "PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT".......

In the exact same way I proudly hold the middle finger up to those who cowered at the idea of seeing Alex Smith in Denver.

Oh Noes! ( let's have another wet and juicy one for THOSE spineless turds too!)

Ahem:

"PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...drip-drip-drip...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT.......pfft!
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #261
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
I don't read that at all and I'm not a Petro fan.

It sounds to me like he's laying out two worst case scenarios and wants to know which one is worse.

Obviously there's a myriad of other possibilities that are much more palatable than either of those two.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #262
Choco Favre

Quote:
That's what I read as well. And to that I say, "PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT".......

In the exact same way I proudly hold the middle finger up to those who cowered at the idea of seeing Alex Smith in Denver.

Oh Noes! ( let's have another wet and juicy one for THOSE spineless turds too!)

Ahem:

"PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...drip-drip-drip...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT.......pfft!
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #263
'Tis my eye!

I mean, if he's suggesting that Berry can be productive elsewhere then what is choice #1?

He's not dumb - he's not suggesting that Berry languishes here and continues to be hurt or he goes to another team and produces.

It's entirely possible Berry could produce here next year. And it's entirely possible he's "day to day" for the Raiders all next season.

Neither of those scenarios are worst-case scenarios though, so they're not under consideration. Seems pretty simple to me.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #264
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I mean, if he's suggesting that Berry can be productive elsewhere then what is choice #1?

He's not dumb - he's not suggesting that Berry languishes here and continues to be hurt or he goes to another team and produces.

It's entirely possible Berry could produce here next year. And it's entirely possible he's "day to day" for the Raiders all next season.

Neither of those scenarios are worst-case scenarios though, so they're not under consideration. Seems pretty simple to me.
That he implies that EITHER scenario is "bad", is all I need to hear! Neither scenario is bad. Both are in fact quite fine. The only thing that is "bad", is getting no compensation, and there's not much of anything that can be done about that in either case.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #265
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
That he implies that EITHER scenario is "bad", is all I need to hear! Neither scenario is bad. Both are in fact quite fine. The only thing that is "bad", is getting no compensation, and there's not much of anything that can be done about that in either case.
I would say if Eric Berry goes on to be a productive Eric Berry for a team inside the division, that's a scenario that would make a lot of people sick. It's definitely not good.

Not saying he would be productive but having him play WELL for another AFC West team would not be a good thing. We're not talking about Alex Smith ceiling here, he's much better than that.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:57 PM   #266
Unsparing

Quote:
I would say if Eric Berry goes on to be a productive Eric Berry for a team inside the division, that's a scenario that would make a lot of people sick. It's definitely not good.

Not saying he would be productive but having him play WELL for another AFC West team would not be a good thing. We're not talking about Alex Smith ceiling here, he's much better than that.
And I'm saying I'll happily take that risk because "well" in the case of Eric Berry means little to nothing these days. I see nothing to fret over sans the loss of compensation.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #267
Why so serious?

Quote:

What’s simple to me is that this isn’t charity and Veach isn’t stupid. No one here has any idea what went on with Berry over the last year, but the Chiefs do. Berry just made a decision regarding surgery which made it so much more palatable for the Chiefs to cut him. If they decide to do so, great. If they don’t, it’s not charity as much as it’s a belief that he can return to Pro Bowl form.

We can all bitch and moan and assume but I’ll trust the organization here with this one. I’m sure last season didn’t go according to plan. But everything we’ve done with the defensive staff is from much more of a brass-knuckle mindset. Not sure why the ultimate decision here would be any different.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #268
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
This is the option I am most in line with. I have NO problem keeping him and watching him kick ass all year. If that's the case, then all of this animosity is going to be a distant memory.
IF that's the case...

Same as last year
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #269
Veteran

Quote:
lol. If they're keeping Berry, they're not doing so for any meaningful contributions on the field.

That day is long past, and there is no risk whatsoever in cutting this player. It's far riskier to put him in situations of importance.

If they want to keep him to make speeches to the other players( which would be dumb as **** because he's not actually playing as a team mate and helping to contribute ), and to take a lesser cap hit when cutting him next season, that's fine by me. Just keep his slow ass off the field.
Maybe he could be an assistant db coach. If the players like/respect him as much as I've read, it seems he could help the two new db coaches spags brought in to communicate with the players. And he would be a good source of info on the players' characteristics, abilities, and possible strategies for the future, as a member of the staff. If it is true that he disagreed with Bob Sutton about how the secondary was used, he could help formulate a new scheme to fit our players.
jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #270
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I’ll trust the organization
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.