Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2024, 11:11 PM   #2
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I’m not sure I agree with this, and I usually agree with you.

An elite kicker like Butker is absolutely worth the minimal cap amount.

We’re talking about 6-7m aav for a HOF kicker with a huge and accurate leg.

Ask Buffalo how much they think a kicker like that is worth…
I'm sure. Was anybody worried about Butker making that record breaking kick? I wasn't.

That's a guy you keep. That's a guy you pay.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm sure. Was anybody worried about Butker making that record breaking kick? I wasn't.

That's a guy you keep. That's a guy you pay.
Yep. As someone who lived through He who shall not be ****ing named, I agree with this. Butker is money, pay the man.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:26 AM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
IMO, it doesn’t make sense to pay top dollar for punters and kickers.

It seems that letting Townsend go for a cheaper alternative isn’t controversial.

I think a similar thought process applies to kickers. You can point to Butker and rightfully say the guy in nails going 7 for 7 on kicks over 50 yards in 2023, including playoffs. But plenty of kickers are reasonably accurate from 40 plus yards. Just trust your offense enough to gain the extra 10 yards to get within reliable FG range, rather than pay top $ for a kicker.
So you want to be in the same situation SF was in the super bowl and risk a missed PAT? You pay kickers, not punters.
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:48 AM   #5
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
So you want to be in the same situation SF was in the super bowl and risk a missed PAT? You pay kickers, not punters.
It is odd cdcox is stating that as he has been a fan since we had shitty kickers cost us playoff games.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:31 AM   #6
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
Promise that if KC doesn’t pay Butker another team will. SF might have had a blocked PAT, but their kicker also nailed two 50+ yard FGs in that game. Take them out as KC wins comfortably.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 02-22-2024, 11:26 PM   #7
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

We have the GOAT Kicker in his prime. Pay him what that requires.

You don’t need a great punter. Just a competent one. Townsend was fine and had upside, but was inconsistent.

Punt God has even more upside than Townsend. Even if he’s equally inconsistent, that’s a step up. And he’s cheaper.

Terrific move.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:42 PM   #8
SuperBowl or bust

These are the kinds of moves a front office makes when they are “loading for bear”.

They are going to squeeze every penny out of this salary cap in hopes of keeping this defense together. I bet the conversation behind closed doors is boiled down to “we need to find a way to keep Chris, LJ and Tranquill long term so we can attack the skill positions on offense in the draft.”
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 11:45 PM   #9
Generational Player

Veach is going to turn over every stone, including punter to load up for the 3Peat.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:52 AM   #10
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:00 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
I understand the "What about holding for the kick" crowd but you gotta save money where you can. If we want to keep any of our high priced FAs this is the type of move you have to make.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:14 AM   #12
MVP

The Bills forum generally says why did the Bills release him so quickly instead of waiting for the investigation to see if he clears it or not.

And that he would have to go to KC and why did they get rid of Townsend, I thought he was great for them.

Also they think the GM of the Bills (Brandon Beane) screwed that one up losing what could be an absolute stud for a punter.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:19 AM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
The Bills forum generally says why did the Bills release him so quickly instead of waiting for the investigation to see if he clears it or not.

And that he would have to go to KC and why did they get rid of Townsend, I thought he was great for them.

Also they think the GM of the Bills (Brandon Beane) screwed that one up losing what could be an absolute stud for a punter.
We learned our lesson with Hunt, and waited out Hill's issue and it paid off bigtime.

I can't believe that other GM's don't learn from the mistakes of outside franchises.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:15 AM   #14
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Awesome.

I’ve always wondered about the logistics of NFL pay. As far as I know, the guys get paid each week of the regular season. How does it work with guys who sign in the offseason? Does Araiza quit his job selling insurance now because he’ll receive some paychecks from KC?

He signed now, but if paychecks don’t get distributed until week 1 of the regular season, what happens to the guys who get cut in camp or the preseason? Do they just never receive a dime? Do they get some sort of severance? A stipend?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:25 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Awesome.

I’ve always wondered about the logistics of NFL pay. As far as I know, the guys get paid each week of the regular season. How does it work with guys who sign in the offseason? Does Araiza quit his job selling insurance now because he’ll receive some paychecks from KC?

He signed now, but if paychecks don’t get distributed until week 1 of the regular season, what happens to the guys who get cut in camp or the preseason? Do they just never receive a dime? Do they get some sort of severance? A stipend?
They get 18 checks during the season. His agent may get him a small signing bonus to tide him over until the season starts.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.