Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:14 AM   #2671
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I completely agree with all of this. It doesn't have to be that way. We could've absolutely invested more at WR by signing Hopkins or OBJ or Thielen or others. But the Chiefs chose to use resources to better their team elsewhere.

I've said this ad nauseum in this thread: the goal is creating a complete team and winning SBs, not putting an offense on the field that you feel is befitting of Mahomes' greatness. I fully understand that it's frustrating at times, but we chose a very similar version of this plan last year and it won us a SB with the best offense in the NFL. This year the version without JuJu has clearly been more uneven thus far, and it's been very unsatisfying for everyone.

But I know why they went in the direction they did. And I don't fault them for it. And I think we'll see how things evolve over the course of the season.

I hardly think it makes sense to be writing off Mahomes and Reid given their track record and how they've adapted before in coming back from dry periods very similar to this.
I get why people think our success with juju shows we don’t need elite talent. You’re not wrong that is perfectly acceptable. We will be fine.

I think we are capable of even better. At the very least we’ve exposed that we can’t just distribute to a bunch of role guys. We need a primary guy and losing juju did hurt us. I get building through the draft for primary targets . But I think we were way too overconfident in our current WR starters to hold the fort down while we slow develop rashee for exactly that reason. I still think we’re a little overconfident as well in how long kelce can carry an entire passing game on his back.

I’m not writing off mahomes or Reid. But we need to be more mindful that mahomes shouldn’t be asked to carry so much weight just because he can. You can see it in his face how flustered he is and he’s become hesitant and reverted to bad habits. And you know a competitive dude resents the reputational hit he’s taking. Weve got to take better care of our qb from that aspect too. I don’t think scheme gets us out of it, it is currently a talent issue. As many have suggested we need to rework our rotation and then stick with it.

I think rashee bandaids this thing. But we’ve got to strive to be better at WR. I’ve said my piece that I’m ok spending to do it, but if we’re gonna use the draft only we’ve got to hit our marks. We can’t waste picks like we may have done woth skyy
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:15 AM   #2672
My Mamma Says

We are ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards per game…. We’ll be fine girls..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:22 AM   #2673
Andy Reid Supporter

Per PFF: Rashee Rice against Zone Coverage
- 11 targets, 11 catches, 127 yards, 6 1st Downs

Rice against Man Coverage
- 5 targets, 0 catches, 1 Drop

This guy needs to be the guy on the field when Kelce is out. He is very good at reading the zone and finding the open space
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #2674
In Search of a Life

If you wanna go spend on WR's and build that room taht way, fine.

It comes at the sacrifice of keeping Creed and Sneed and Gay. Which, sure whatever, but it all has to work together here.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #2675
Supporter

I went into this season not expecting anything from Toney.

Don’t know why people are disappointed.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:29 AM   #2676
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I went into this season not expecting anything from Toney.

Don’t know why people are disappointed.
I'm disappointed because clearly the team was banking on him to be "the guy" in the WR room. Right or wrong.

Now that he's been injured twice, they're scrambling.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:34 AM   #2677
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm disappointed because clearly the team was banking on him to be "the guy" in the WR room. Right or wrong.

Now that he's been injured twice, they're scrambling.
Gotcha.

We are just a bunch of internet experts, abit well-endowed, but we saw it coming.

Toney might get healthy and go on an awesome run, which would be great because we need it, but all the info up to this point says no.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:34 AM   #2678
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I get why people think our success with juju shows we don’t need elite talent. You’re not wrong that is perfectly acceptable. We will be fine.

I think we are capable of even better. At the very least we’ve exposed that we can’t just distribute to a bunch of role guys.
No, dude. We have not exposed this; you have just prematurely concluded it.

JuJu is proving to be every bit a JAG once he's been taken out of the Andy Reid offense. Yes, he produced last year, but are you so sure that he wasn't a role guy who was just elevated in this offense? And since I don't believe it's easy to comfortably conclude that, then what is to say that Rice can't easily fill the JuJu role or even exceed it by end of year? (Note: I said Rice and not Moore particularly because I don't have much optimism for the latter.)
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:45 AM   #2679
In Search of a Life

Again.....I don't think anyone here wouldn't want to have Tyreek and a room full of high end WR's.

But we're 4 games in on a youth movement and just played a top 3 defense in the league. There's some growth, some non growth etc.

It's ok to continue to give it time and not make any real proclamations at this point me thinks.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:47 AM   #2680
Choco Favre

They gotta start giving Watson's and Moore's reps to Rice and James.

Rice has flashed and James produced for the Giants last year.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:49 AM   #2681
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Gotcha.

We are just a bunch of internet experts, abit well-endowed, but we saw it coming.

Toney might get healthy and go on an awesome run, which would be great because we need it, but all the info up to this point says no.
Yep, and it's always the issue with injury prone guys. The talent is enticing but still.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:54 AM   #2682
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

How does MVS only have 9 pass targets through four games?
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #2683
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
How does MVS only have 9 pass targets through four games?
That's really one of the strangest parts of all of this to me.

He's just being used as a decoy but he's clearly the most polished of our WRs.

Start using the damn guy. He looks genuinely good out there. No, he's not a #1 guy but he's a solid receiver and pressures defenses. Get him back into the progressions because he's the most consistent weapon we have out there outside of Kelce.

Anytime I can just get an All-22 view or am at the stadium, there's a noticeable difference between him and everyone else. Even Rice isn't as crisp as MVS. He's a legitimate NFL wide receiver while the other guys are JAGs or, in the case of Rice/Tony, still getting up to speed due to inexperience or injury.

I'm just getting frustrated by the dicking around here. We have a top 3. It's Toney, MVS and Rice. And it's obvious when you watch them.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:10 AM   #2684
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's really one of the strangest parts of all of this to me.

He's just being used as a decoy but he's clearly the most polished of our WRs.

Start using the damn guy. He looks genuinely good out there. No, he's not a #1 guy but he's a solid receiver and pressures defenses. Get him back into the progressions because he's the most consistent weapon we have out there outside of Kelce.

Anytime I can just get an All-22 view or am at the stadium, there's a noticeable difference between him and everyone else. Even Rice isn't as crisp as MVS. He's a legitimate NFL wide receiver while the other guys are JAGs or, in the case of Rice/Tony, still getting up to speed due to inexperience or injury.

I'm just getting frustrated by the dicking around here. We have a top 3. It's Toney, MVS and Rice. And it's obvious when you watch them.
Is it because Mahomes is second guessing himself? Either because of protection or because of the WRs?

It's obvious just watching the game that he's looking at those deep shots and then pulling the ball down. You would figure that he would be constantly targeting Kelce and MVS.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:14 AM   #2685
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
They gotta start giving Watson's and Moore's reps to Rice and James.

Rice has flashed and James produced for the Giants last year.
Wtf James? He’s on IR and looked like shit when he was on the field.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.