Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:25 PM   #2656
MVP

I’m pretty sure both Mahomes ankle injuries came while in the pocket (2019 Colts, 2022 Jaguars)
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-02-2023, 11:31 PM   #2657
MVP

Rice needs to play. He's on pace for 595 yds and barely plays. He also has the 2nd most 1st down catches with 8. Just 1 behind Kelce. I wonder if how Andy plays rookie WRs is detrimental to there development. He doesn't have a great track record with developing WRs. I wonder how much sitting the bench their rookie year has hurt with development and even the mental aspect. I think trial by fire is the way to go when a player shows they have the ability to go out and play as good as or even better than the starter.

Just spit balling. Probably reeruned though.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:41 AM   #2658
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
What actually happened, is that Pacheco's running, Spags stopping PHI's offense three times in the 2nd half, and Toub's STs saved KC from another SB loss. The WRs had almost nothing to do with it either way, except for the pair of TDs on the whip routes for one yard a-piece.
Explain how our WRs are supposed to be little more than window dressing, and yet we're supposed to get back to the SB, while dragging their dead weight for 19 games while they average 2.5 catches/game.
See above. Do you need any more help understanding this?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 05:47 AM   #2659
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
DHop for 13 a year for 2 yrs? Yeah.

Spotrac also has it as a 1 yr 12mil deal with a 7.5mil dead cap if he's cut after the season. Yeah I would have done that.
Same. We have to be cap conscious but it’s not going to break the bank like some think it is. The only reason we ran into cap issues this year is because we banked on Chris jones restructuring. We’ve barely even started the creative backdating of contracts. You pay a little more for these easy to cut contracts because they hurt way less than a contract with long term guarantees and lots of dead money.

And he’d be worth every penny of that right now. Originally people were afraid that this would vulture snaps. Seems pretty clear that a WR1 wouldn’t have done that. It brings stability to the room as we sort through the chaos. It actually allows us way more to stick to the timetable of developing rashee and gives us time to even further our bench strength into next year.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:53 AM   #2660
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Hmmm... So perhaps having those receivers who have better stats than MVS means that it doesn't elevate the level of QB play?

And isn't that the point? Mahomes can have a solid QBR and the Chiefs can be 3-1 even without those WR statistics.

Would you like other proof like a SB victory last year?

You're so desperate for WR stats rather than team wins it borders on comical. But you're also the guy who chimes in on Thielen's rent money contract...

I'm still waiting for how you would've addressed our OL after giving him that money. Not sign Omenihu, perhaps? Or then would you have bitched about how we didn't do anything to fortify the DL?
Of course a great Wr can’t elevate a bad qb. Neither can a stellar OL or defense. Qb is the most important position to the game and it’s devastating not to have a great one, let alone a good one. Guess what, we learned pretty quickly that there’s only so much a GOAT qb can do to elevate underperforming WRs also.

It absolutely elevates average QBs and especially great ones. Tannehill is washed but tell me losing AJ brown wasn’t devastating to them last season. Tell me burrow and hurts make deep playoff runs without elite WRs. It isn’t about WR stats. It is about all the ways you can open the playbook when you have one and as we’re seeing now, all the ways you close the playbook without them. Sideline routes, back shoulder throws, jump balls, or even just passes just out of reach that only your guy can get to… these are the kinds of bailout throws other QBs get that we don’t. And it doesn’t have to be that way.

Last edited by chiefzilla1501; 10-03-2023 at 05:58 AM..
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:04 AM   #2661
Consuming CP souls

I can assure you Rice is going to be really really good. I see something in him. Uh oh....
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:07 AM   #2662
Consuming CP souls

This is a really good OL and with Kelce as our true number 1, I think Rice just needs to see the field more often and can fill that number 2 spot, that will allow the rest of the clowns to fall in line where they truly need to be on a WR depth chart. Toney has been the biggest disappointment by far. Injuries, drops, lack of productivity. Just about worthless...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:52 AM   #2663
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Of course a great Wr can’t elevate a bad qb. Neither can a stellar OL or defense. Qb is the most important position to the game and it’s devastating not to have a great one, let alone a good one. Guess what, we learned pretty quickly that there’s only so much a GOAT qb can do to elevate underperforming WRs also.

It absolutely elevates average QBs and especially great ones. Tannehill is washed but tell me losing AJ brown wasn’t devastating to them last season. Tell me burrow and hurts make deep playoff runs without elite WRs. It isn’t about WR stats. It is about all the ways you can open the playbook when you have one and as we’re seeing now, all the ways you close the playbook without them. Sideline routes, back shoulder throws, jump balls, or even just passes just out of reach that only your guy can get to… these are the kinds of bailout throws other QBs get that we don’t. And it doesn’t have to be that way.
I completely agree with all of this. It doesn't have to be that way. We could've absolutely invested more at WR by signing Hopkins or OBJ or Thielen or others. But the Chiefs chose to use resources to better their team elsewhere.

I've said this ad nauseum in this thread: the goal is creating a complete team and winning SBs, not putting an offense on the field that you feel is befitting of Mahomes' greatness. I fully understand that it's frustrating at times, but we chose a very similar version of this plan last year and it won us a SB with the best offense in the NFL. This year the version without JuJu has clearly been more uneven thus far, and it's been very unsatisfying for everyone.

But I know why they went in the direction they did. And I don't fault them for it. And I think we'll see how things evolve over the course of the season.

I hardly think it makes sense to be writing off Mahomes and Reid given their track record and how they've adapted before in coming back from dry periods very similar to this.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:31 AM   #2664
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Lol, what DHop is doing is almost singlehandedly preventing Tannehill from having a negative QBR rating. But whatever.

What exactly is MVS doing for his $$$?

And check the play-by-play of the Super Bowl. The WRs did almost nothing. 80 yards receiving for the entire game. A whole 11 whopping receptions by all 5 WRs that saw a target in the SB.

What actually happened, is that Pacheco's running, Spags stopping PHI's offense three times in the 2nd half, and Toub's STs saved KC from another SB loss. The WRs had almost nothing to do with it either way, except for the pair of TDs on the whip routes for one yard a-piece.

Last night, on that 15-play drive, KC completed just one pass. To Kelce. No passes were completed to a WR, out of 5 possible targets on WRs.

Even if we include the previous drive (14 plays), in which 4 passes were completed to WRs, out of 29 total plays, there were 16 possible passing snaps? Four completions to TEs/RBs. 4 catches total for WRs, none in the final drive.

And not for lack of trying. Pat stood back there no less than 3 times waiting for up to 8 seconds for someone to get open, and then just decided to run it instead. he ran it 7 times in the game, which I think is the same number of rushes he had in the last game, and nearly twice what his career average is (3.7 rushes/gm). He's currently on pace to run it 96 times this season. Ninety-six times.

Someone remind me. How did Pat hurt his ankles the last couple times? Wasn't he running? How much is Clark paying him to run around instead of using that God-given golden arm?

And where is it written that it's okay for our WRs to catch balls at a 58% rate? That's piss poor, and not even just for a SB-Bound team.

So, yeah, I guess I'm concerned about the "WR stats," as you call it. I don't like Pat running it 7 times a game, when that's exactly how he gets hurt, and I don't like watching the offense stall and struggle as often as it has been recently, especially when it's clear that the WRs are consistently inconsistent about running the right routes, getting open when they're ****ing supposed to, and not dropping balls.

you know Pat only attempted to pass 30 times, and we ran it 35 times? you know what the situation was the other two times that happened? one was the wind game when it was blowing like 40 mph. And the other was when he hurt his wrist or hand in the first half, and we ended up running it 25 times in the 2nd half or however many exactly it was.

Last night was the first time in Pat's career that KC ran it more than he attempted to throw it.

Tell me that was the gameplan. Tell me it was the plan to have Pat run it three times after standing behind the line for as many as 8 seconds, going through his progressions twice before taking off.

Explain how our WRs are supposed to be little more than window dressing, and yet we're supposed to get back to the SB, while dragging their dead weight for 19 games while they average 2.5 catches/game.
The Jets D struggles more against the run than the pass, the Chiefs got up 17-0 and the Qb seemed to be struggling so...yeah, I'd say that was the gameplan at that point?

The WR's haven't been good enough. I don't think anyone would argue with that?

They went young and inexperienced there and decided to spend money and resources elsewhere. I dont' think it's unreasonable to give them to the bye or so to have it figured out, but I also think the GM has been pretty proactive about filling needs if they ID them. So with the trade deadline approaching, we will find out.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:33 AM   #2665
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

The Bengals can't get the ball to said WR's because their OL is so terrible.

The Eagles, now have the best OL in the league.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:39 AM   #2666
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
This is a really good OL and with Kelce as our true number 1, I think Rice just needs to see the field more often and can fill that number 2 spot, that will allow the rest of the clowns to fall in line where they truly need to be on a WR depth chart. Toney has been the biggest disappointment by far. Injuries, drops, lack of productivity. Just about worthless...
Yeah, I agree with PGM again.

Toney is the issue right now. If he slots in as the 1, everything else works out fine. He's the guy that needs the most targets.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:44 AM   #2667
Has a particular set of skills

Some of you guys need to look at the all-22. Our wide receivers are getting open, especially deep.

MVS, Ross are wide open at least once a game and Mahomes sometimes looks right at them open deep and doesn't throw the ball.

This has been going on all season.

One issue is that you have MVS, Watson and Moore getting the vast majority of snaps. The all-22 shows Moore is have issues getting open. Watson and MVS rarely get open. A reckoning needs to happen.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 10-03-2023 at 07:50 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:48 AM   #2668
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, I agree with PGM again.

Toney is the issue right now. If he slots in as the 1, everything else works out fine. He's the guy that needs the most targets.
I feel like part of the problem right now is there not targeting certain guys enough. Pat was really off vs the jets, but it seemed to me the Chiefs were expecting the Saleh cover 3 and they got somewhere around 40% man coverage.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:54 AM   #2669
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I feel like part of the problem right now is there not targeting certain guys enough. Pat was really off vs the jets, but it seemed to me the Chiefs were expecting the Saleh cover 3 and they got somewhere around 40% man coverage.
You know.....I don't think you're wrong here, but it seems we get this every game.

"We thought we'd get this and we got that".

Well **** guys......that's football. That's your job to figure it out.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:09 AM   #2670
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Some of you guys need to look at the all-22. Our wide receivers are getting open, especially deep.

MVS, Ross are wide open at least once a game and Mahomes sometimes looks right at them open deep and doesn't throw the ball.

This has been going on all season.

One issue is that you have MVS, Watson and Moore getting the vast majority of snaps. The all-22 shows Moore is have issues getting open. Watson and MVS rarely get open. A reckoning needs to happen.
Moore is the CEH of the receiver room, his draft spot is getting him opportunity over his actual play.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote