Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:33 PM   #2626
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Adam Thielen was available for basically rent money . . .
Did you pound the table on getting Adam Thielen or did you think he was washed up?

And walk me through how his contract looks like rent money to you????
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:35 PM   #2627
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Did you pound the table on getting Adam Thielen or did you think he was washed up?

i don't think I pounded the table for anyone in particular, so far as that's concerned.

Iirc, I thought he might have something left in the tank, at least as much as JuJu did last season. And he's a better route runner and has better hands than juJu. I know I said that.

I just thought it would never happen because of his age . . . and the fact that Skyy was supposed to take over JuJu's role, so what need for a solid possession WR, even if he's cheap as dirt?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:40 PM   #2628
The man you could post like.

3 years 25 million. At ****ing 33 years old. And structured in such a way that effectively all 3 years are guaranteed. 'rent money'
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:42 PM   #2629
Why so serious?

Quote:
i don't think I pounded the table for anyone in particular, so far as that's concerned.

Iirc, I thought he might have something left in the tank, at least as much as JuJu did last season. And he's a better route runner and has better hands than juJu. I know I said that.

I just thought it would never happen because of his age . . . and the fact that Skyy was supposed to take over JuJu's role, so what need for a solid possession WR, even if he's cheap as dirt?
So the Chiefs were supposed to sign the guy for something like 18mm over 2yrs? For a guy who "might have something left in the tank"? That's "rent money" to you?

Okay, then who is playing LT as we don't have enough money to sign Donovan Smith? You want Wanya Morris there? Prince? Niang? And do we have enough to sign Taylor or do we wind up with a consolation prize like Mike McGlinchey?

Rent money!
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:43 PM   #2630
Generational Player

So of the ideas people have thrown out there:

Claypool-Yes

Renfrow-Yes

Hollywood-Yes

There will be plenty of options that could help us as a SB run rental.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:48 PM   #2631
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm just asking, as i'm watching these two clips and im not seeing anyone open.
I can’t see the safety but with MVS mirroring the same route Watson runs on the bottom of the screen and Watson tightroping the boundary, you have to assume that would be a tough play for the single-high safety to make.

The bigger issue is the pressure. That route took about 3 seconds to develop and Mahomes barely had 2.

But, yeah, Watson is definitely NFL open there. He’s got a step on Sauce.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:52 PM   #2632
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

Claypool-Yes

Renfrow-Yes

Hollywood-Yes

So you've determined that we should trade for all of these players without any consideration for compensation? And without acknowledgement that we have a huge disadvantage given that we're assumed to have the lowest pick in any given round of any team in the league?
Old 10-02-2023, 06:53 PM   #2633
Generational Player

Quote:
So you've determined that we should trade for all of these players without any consideration for compensation? And without acknowledgement that we have a huge disadvantage given that we're assumed to have the lowest pick in any given round of any team in the league?
The first two I expect the comp to be low.

Hollywood is a call and see.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:53 PM   #2634
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
So the Chiefs were supposed to sign the guy for something like 18mm over 2yrs? For a guy who "might have something left in the tank"? That's "rent money" to you?

Okay, then who is playing LT as we don't have enough money to sign Donovan Smith? You want Wanya Morris there? Prince? Niang? And do we have enough to sign Taylor or do we wind up with a consolation prize like Mike McGlinchey?

Rent money!

As far as WRs go, at least ones that reliably get open and catch the ball, $8 million/year is basically rent money. It would be a lot for a RB, but WRs, decent ones anyway, cost a bit more.

And just for comparison's sake, in CAR with a rookie QB on a shit team, Adam already has more than 125 yards receiving than our top WR and nearly 3 times as many catches. Maybe it'd have been worth it?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:57 PM   #2635
Why so serious?

Quote:
As far as WRs go, at least ones that reliably get open and catch the ball, $8 million/year is basically rent money. It would be a lot for a RB, but WRs, decent ones anyway, cost a bit more.

And just for comparison's sake, in CAR with a rookie QB on a shit team, Adam already has more than 125 yards receiving than our top WR and nearly 3 times as many catches. Maybe it'd have been worth it?
Your take was that he might have something left in the tank. You give vet minimum money for that guy or maybe a touch more. 9mm/yr is not rent money.

This is such a ridiculous take. I'm 100% sure you had no idea what Thielen was paid before you brought him up.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:00 PM   #2636
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

Rent money!
I don't think we should have signed Theilen. I was more in the DHop and OBJ (I was wrong on him) camp. But I just can't think money is any issue in signing guys after the Mahomes contract restructure where we raised his cap hits like $40mil over the next 4 years.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:01 PM   #2637
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Your take was that he might have something left in the tank. You give vet minimum money for that guy or maybe a touch more. 9mm/yr is not rent money.

This is such a ridiculous take. I'm 100% sure you had no idea what Thielen was paid before you brought him up.

I didn't know exactly, no. I probably looked it up back when I brought him up during the offseason, but I looked up a lot of things back then, so no, I didn't remember what he was paid. you got me. Have a lolly or a medal, whatever you like.

I did remember that he went for less than what we are paying MVS. And in terms of WRs, we're barely paying Scantling.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:02 PM   #2638
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I don't think we should have signed Theilen. I was more in the DHop and OBJ (I was wrong on him) camp. But I just can't think money is any issue in signing guys after the Mahomes contract restructure where we raised his cap hits like $40mil over the next 4 years.
Buffalo, as an example pushed 36 million into the future this year.

We pushed almost nothing.

We can acquire whoever we need.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:03 PM   #2639
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I was in favor of signing those guys too before I knew what they went for. You can't seriously think it would've made sense to sign either of those guys for what they ultimately cleared at.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:04 PM   #2640
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

Claypool-Yes

Renfrow-Yes

Hollywood-Yes

Gross..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.