Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #26371
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Yep.

What I am about to say will probably be the most despicable thing in this thread, but there’s a lot of truth.

I am going to remove all emotion.

It’s everywhere, and will kill off many elderly people. There are several economical benefits. Money will be passed on and spent by younger people, Medicare and Social Security will have a great load relieved from them.

The economy is going to have a massive boost simply due to the movement of somewhat previously stagnant money. A lot of property that old people have sat on will be sold.

It’s like the burning of a forest. It sucks, but it will grow back stronger than before.

I love my parents, and I don’t want their money. I want them around as long as possible.
It might become our new normal and we might have to deal with 200k deaths a year , the hope I guess is delaying trying to find a better plan
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #26372
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
It might become our new normal and we might have to deal with 200k deaths a year , the hope I guess is delaying trying to find a better plan
I don't think most of us would even notice 200K deaths a year.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #26373
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
This isn't true at all.
I didn't know you were the authority on that.....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #26374
Please squeeze

The FDA just approved emergency use for remdesivir
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #26375
"Think BOOM!"

More new cases in Illinois today than in New York or New Jersey.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #26376
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I may need to head down to North County because the shelves are mostly empty here in LA.

And there's no toilet paper to be found anywhere, same with napkins.
I'll hook you up, Dane. I got Kirkland...good stuff. $9.99 a roll + shipping and handling. But WAIT!!!! If you act now I'll throw in an additional roll plus a roll of Scott Value totally free!!!! Just pay a separate shipping fee.

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #26377
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I didn't know you were the authority on that.....
All you have to do is pay attention.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #26378
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Yep.

What I am about to say will probably be the most despicable thing in this thread, but there’s a lot of truth.

I am going to remove all emotion.

It’s everywhere, and will kill off many elderly people. There are several economical benefits. Money will be passed on and spent by younger people, Medicare and Social Security will have a great load relieved from them.

The economy is going to have a massive boost simply due to the movement of somewhat previously stagnant money. A lot of property that old people have sat on will be sold.

It’s like the burning of a forest. It sucks, but it will grow back stronger than before.

I love my parents, and I don’t want their money. I want them around as long as possible.
I kind of thought the opposite. Old people dying that own property will decrease property values. It lowers demand, and younger people don't typically choose to live in single family homes at least at the same percentage as those older.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #26379
Supporter

For those of you who might be interested about 3-4 weeks ago Mo went from 28-21 in total cases. Today they slid back to 24th
Old 05-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #26380
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I kind of thought the opposite. Old people dying that own property will decrease property values. It lowers demand, and younger people don't typically choose to live in single family homes at least at the same percentage as those older.
But the property will change hands. Movement of money and property is a good thing, especially for tax revenue.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #26381
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Went to our local butcher just a little bit ago and mother****ers are making a run on beef. I was lucky and got a couple of nice filets for this weekend and a couple of pounds of beef. People need to chill.
Yep, meat is the new TP. Let the hoarding begin.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #26382
Supporter

The huge subject coming over the horizon is going to be school funding.

Tax revenue is going to be down.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #26383
Supporter

Quote:
The huge subject coming over the horizon is going to be school funding.

Tax revenue is going to be down.
I am not debating if we needed a shutdown or not but we definitely shot first and aimed second and continue to do so
Old 05-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #26384
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
8 states expiring today or tomorrow, no state has reached white house threshold of 14 day decline in cases.

Yet they are doing it anyway.
I was out and about an hour ago and I can tell you for sure, people around here had said **** this! The traffic flow was the same as pre-covid. The grocery store wasn't bad though. I did wonder back to the meat section, as of now, it's fine. I didn't end up buying any meat.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #26385
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I am not debating if we needed a shutdown or not but we definitely shot first and aimed second and continue to do so
Kansas schools are good until the financial year end coming up in a few months. Almost everyone in state school system has been paid for staying at home instead of filing for unemployment.

It is going to be interesting to see how we budget for the upcoming year.