Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #2611
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
One thing I've heard over and over from former elite defensive backs that have been interviewed this post-season: they've never seen a receiving corps with the speed the Chiefs have in Hill, Watkins, Hardman and Kelce.

One of them was saying (can't remember the guy's name now, but if I listed it everyone would know him), "they got three #1s on the field at the same time! Watkins is a #1 that is a #3 on that team because he's not fast enough! He's a 4.3!"
He’s a 4.4, but plenty dangerous enough to cause trouble for any secondary. It’s possible he will need to step up with another big game. Tend to think Niners will put a ton of attention on Kelce/Tyreek. Hardman and Damien also have a chance to be sneaky impact players in this game.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #2612
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I'll keep repeating this: the Titans had a more efficient rushing attack this year than the Niners, and the Chiefs just shut their running game down without having to load the box. That spells trouble for the Niners' ability to move the ball.

Sure. The Titans run game was great however it's schematically totally different. The Titans attempt to wear you down with size and power over the course of the game. We use misdirection and elite dual threats.

The Titans ran into your the strength of your big DLine and were more likely to run around it, throw screens, jet sweeps etc.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #2613
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
Agreed, but also note that you guys score quickly when you do. You don't tend to grind the clock, which works in the SF defense's favor.
Oh, we can do that too. See second drive of the 3rd against TEN: 13 plays, 73 yards, 7:08 minutes.

We've been perfecting the "burn the clock and score" drive thing since our game against the Lions back in week 4.

But you're right; if we have to go 90 yards in 1:40 we can do that to. If we have to score twice in 2:35 we can do that.

But we can put together a long drive and kill the clock while scoring; we've got that arrow in our quiver.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #2614
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I made lots of posts explaining why win % does not equal "harder opponent" some times. And thus the implication that a lower win % doesnt always mean an easier opponent...should be obvious....I went into pretty great detail about divisional, scheduling & bye week changes and the fact that win % can be less in the past due to the way the NFL scheduled games historically. I even gave you a pretty good link explaining the history of it. And how it is nearly impossible to go back throughout all time for any team and make the claim you made. You sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't mean I didn't meet my burden.

No, it's not impossible to go back and look at the claim I made.

It's impossible to go back and look at your redefined version of that claim though.

You know exactly what I was referring to with my claim.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #2615
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Have you guys won 8 in a row in some of the worst playing conditions?
No, fortunately we didn't play in Arrowhead this year.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #2616
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Oh, we can do that too. See second drive of the 3rd against TEN: 13 plays, 73 yards, 7:08 minutes.

We've been perfecting the "burn the clock and score" drive thing since our game against the Lions back in week 4.

But you're right; if we have to go 90 yards in 1:40 we can do that to. If we have to score twice in 2:35 we can do that.

But we can put together a long drive and kill the clock while scoring; we've got that arrow in our quiver.
Or the Chicago game. Ran a lot of clock on offense. Could have gone more aggressive and dropped 40 points on them, but Reid went easy on Nagy since they are good buddies.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #2617
Andy Reid Supporter

Watched the Falcons and Rams game. SF had a lot of trouble getting bff consistent pressure on the QB.

I don’t feel nearly as worried about that. They’re good but they aren’t 2007 Giants good.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #2618
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
All because you want to go all esoteric to avoid giving the 49ers credit where credit is due.

You're pathetic

here is me being pathetic "not giving enough credit": (notice the year and date...)

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...3&postcount=58

Quote:
gotta disagree with you here

I went to a game in SF (vs the Titans that took us out of the playoffs) and this kid really is something special.

I think they have got a winner in Jimmy Grapes

I saw him do a quick snap at the end of that game , where 99.9% of QB's wouldve spiked the ball...

a quick snap and ballsy throw for an extra 10 yards that won them that game...
I could take the time to post more but maybe you should just calm down...The niners have a hell of a team, which I have been saying for a long time. Ive probably been to more SF games than you have. I probably live closer to Santa Clara than you do. I have never been unfair in criticisms of the niners. The fact you think me disagreeing with your absurd statement is being unfair shows what a dipshit troll you are. Search my history of posts .. find any statement I have made about them and show me what is unfair.

Last edited by Ming the Merciless; 01-23-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #2619
MVP

We didn't have to load the box to stuff Derrick Henry. We won't have to load the against you.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #2620
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
He’s a 4.4, but plenty dangerous enough to cause trouble for any secondary. It’s possible he will need to step up with another big game. Tend to think Niners will put a ton of attention on Kelce/Tyreek. Hardman and Damien also have a chance to be sneaky impact players in this game.
I'm curious to see how we play Tyreek.
Doubt they'll treat Kelsey or Damien special since Warner and Kwon are excellent in coverage.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #2621
Veteran

Quote:
Sure. The Titans run game was great however it's schematically totally different. The Titans attempt to wear you down with size and power over the course of the game. We use misdirection and elite dual threats.

The Titans ran into your the strength of your big DLine and were more likely to run around it, throw screens, jet sweeps etc.
The Niners have faster RBs that will attempt to press the edge more before cutting. That presents a little bit of a different attack than the Titans, but the scheme really isn't totally different like you say. Both teams call tons of outside zone runs and tosses.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #2622
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
You know exactly what I was referring to with my claim.

Yes, your claim is that they played the "hardest 6 game stretch of any team of all time" ..

And the rest of this train wreck was me trying to explain that this argument is based on WIN % which isnt a good measure of "hard teams" , especially when going back through time with tons of different variables.

Im not saying it wasnt a great accomplishment. Im not saying it wasnt a hard stretch of games. Heck Im not even saying it WASNT the hardest stretch of any 6 games of all times...I'm simply pointing out that this is an opinion , not fact..and you cannot prove it. And that win % trying to prove it doesnt work.

Thats the last time I will explain this to your dumb ass.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #2623
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No, fortunately we didn't play in Arrowhead this year.
Yes, it is fortunate for you guys. You get your ass kicked in an embarrassing fashion every time you play at Arrowhead.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #2624
Hello

I think the 49ers are going to turn the ball over a lot. I don't think we'll need 5 punts from them with the turnovers and field position.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #2625
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Watched the Falcons and Rams game. SF had a lot of trouble getting bff consistent pressure on the QB.

I don’t feel nearly as worried about that. They’re good but they aren’t 2007 Giants good.
Context...Ford did not play in that game. When Ford plays, the 49ers pressure rating is 32%. When he's not playing, it's 24%. When Ford plays, the 49ers' sack rate is 16%. When he's not playing, it drops to 5%. Ford's presence is a huge factor in the 49ers ability to pressure the QB, as each individual starter is capable of consistently beating one on one blocks. When Ford players, the offense just doesn't have enough blockers to prevent pressure without keeping both the TE and RB in to block. I have to imagine KC knows this and will either target Ford or try to keep the 49ers from rotating him in on passing downs. Same with Clark for KC...he's gotta have a big target on him.
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.