Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #26221
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Was the half-pipe nice? Did your Dad do a good job on the transitions and the coping?
It was as nice as any half pipe I'd seen at any skate park. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. My Dad has always been amazing at building stuff. (He's currently building a house/barn for him and my Mom, pretty much by himself.)
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:51 AM   #26222
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
That information isn't released, at least not right now. No information whatsoever other than 3 people hospitalized.
I'd be curious to know. They shut the plant down, right?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #26223
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I'd be curious to know. They shut the plant down, right?
Nope. Still up and running.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #26224
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
I agree we need to be spending but when you have no idea when or even if you are going to have a job why would people spend?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #26225
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
And neither is a vaccine.

60 years since the human coronavirus family was discovered and there has not been a single effective/scalable vaccine created for any type of coronavirus.
SOme how people keep glossing over this little point
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #26226
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Nope. Still up and running.
Good. That's actually good. My BIL works for Hy-Vee and he said kiss beef goodbye for a while and maybe even pork.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #26227
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
And neither is a vaccine.

60 years since the human coronavirus family was discovered and there has not been a single effective/scalable vaccine created for any type of coronavirus.
You might be right , but technology and science has improved to the point that one is possible, they are doing human trials I think right now. They had a potential one with SARS but the cost was too much for companies to commit to the expense with it looking like SARS was dying out.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:57 AM
petegz28
This message has been deleted by petegz28. Reason: wrong quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #26228
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
SOme how people keep glossing over this little point
The most logical thing I have heard about this is a vaccine would be nice but we have a much better chance at having treatments combined with the virus hopefully mutating to a less deadly form which most viruses tend to do.

A couple scientists I have read said there is a good chance that over time this virus will cause what we call the common cold and not the deadly reactions we are seeing today but that will take time.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:00 AM   #26229
Shit

Quote:
Good. That's actually good. My BIL works for Hy-Vee and he said kiss beef goodbye for a while and maybe even pork.
my guy said the exact opposite.

beef is easy he says. pork not so much
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #26230
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
my guy said the exact opposite.

beef is easy he says. pork not so much
You'd be hard pressed to find ground beef right now and the price is going through the roof. Pork not so much. But if you can find it, get it.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:07 AM   #26231
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
You might be right , but technology and science has improved to the point that one is possible, they are doing human trials I think right now. They had a potential one with SARS but the cost was too much for companies to commit to the expense with it looking like SARS was dying out.
There has been no planning by any "institution" for the contingency that any number of vaccines won't work.

Why is that?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #26232
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
There has been no planning by any "institution" for the contingency that any number of vaccines won't work.

Why is that?
No clue would have to ask them . are you asking about the financial or medical aspect.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #26233
"Think BOOM!"

Bill Gates thinks there are 8 to 10 promising coronavirus vaccine candidates and one could be ready in as little as 9 months

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...didates-2020-5
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #26234
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
So if it proves to have little or no side effects other than costs what is the downside to using it even if it doesn't change the mortality rate but could improve recovery ?

Could it be used as a prophylaxis like Tamiflu.
Good question.

Rare side effects won't manifest in a small trial like that. There aren't enough doses yet, either. Increased use leads to increased resistance. Tamiflu is nearly worthless now largely due to overuse and misuse.

There are exceptions. Truvada works as PrEP for HIV because the mutation that emerges actually makes the virus less fit, which is why it can still be used.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #26235
Veteran

Quote:
So I’ve been to busy to watch news or read much, are the packing houses shutting down or what?
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.