Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #26146
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It was all worth it, every bit.

Steve Fuller
Bill Kenney
Todd Blackledge
Deberg
Vlasic
Krieg
Boner
Grbac
Gannon
Green (was pretty good really)
Croyle
Thigpen
Huard
Smith

AND NOW MAHOMES.

All worth it. All of it.

for me, 40 years of futility. 1980-2019.

It's different now.
I agree, it was worth it, because we didn't just get a franchise QB, we got the best QB in football. An MVP who seems destined to win multiple MVPs and lead this team to Super Bowl victories.

But, I am only 48, and looking back it was really frustrating because as a kid I had no idea why we drafted Fuller. And even as a kid I thought it was crazy to draft a QB from Penn State. Drafting Blackledge that high to run a pro offense would be the equivalent to Metallica hiring a cellist to replace Clifford Lee Burton because they both played instruments with strings.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:15 PM   #26147
Banned!

Quote:

Steve Fuller
Bill Kenney
Todd Blackledge
Deberg
Vlasic
Krieg
Boner
Grbac
Gannon
Croyle
Thigpen
Huard
Smith

AND NOW MAHOMES.

All worth it. All of it.

It's different now.
Well said.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:15 PM   #26148
Cool as a Cucumber

I think this game can put to rest the Mahomes has regressed talk. This game showed he can still take the offense down the field and score in a short amount of time. It also shows, in retrospect, how much he's matured as a QB this past season by taking what is given by opposing Ds without relying on his shootout capabilities. Love our QB!
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:17 PM   #26149
Banned!

Pat, Andy, et al. should never have to pay for a meal (mixed plate or otherwise) in KC ever again.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #26150
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

WTF is a mixed plate?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 PM   #26151
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:

for me, 40 years of futility. 1980-2019..
Baby. I was born 23 days after SB IV.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #26152
Thank you

He's good
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #26153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Baby. I was born 23 days after SB IV.
I was born in '72.

the first game I ever watched was the '78 Superbowl.

Jackie Smith dropped the TD pass that would've won the game for the Cowboys.

I had no local team, so I was a Cowboys fan. They were the underdog, see.

I moved to MO in 1980. Gary Spani and some forgotten running back came to my school, gave us DARE football cards and told us not to do drugs. LOL

So I was in.

I liked Mizzou too; Kellen Winslow became my favorite football player. I liked those Chargers teams too.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:31 PM   #26154
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
WTF is a mixed plate?
Oh child.

You're obviously not from KC.

Mixed plate-BBQ, variety of meats, usually some ribs, some brisket, some burnt ends. Occasionally there'll be ham or sausage depending on the place.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #26155
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Lamar who?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #26156
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Patrick ****ing Mahomes the everloving II is the beast-iest beast mother ****er-ing QB I've ever ****ing seen in my mother-****ing flippity-****ing life.

****-ITY **** ****.

SO ENDETH THE ****ING LESSON.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #26157
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:

Steve Fuller
Bill Kenney
Todd Blackledge
Deberg
Vlasic
Krieg
Boner
Grbac
Gannon
Croyle
Thigpen
Huard
Smith

AND NOW MAHOMES.

All worth it. All of it.

It's different now.
You forgot Palko, the rock bottom of Chiefs QB hell.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #26158
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
I was born in '72.

the first game I ever watched was the '78 Superbowl.

Jackie Smith dropped the TD pass that would've won the game for the Cowboys.

I had no local team, so I was a Cowboys fan. They were the underdog, see.

I moved to MO in 1980. Gary Spani and some forgotten running back came to my school, gave us DARE football cards and told us not to do drugs. LOL

So I was in.

I liked Mizzou too; Kellen Winslow became my favorite football player. I liked those Chargers teams too.
Jackie Smith dropped what would have been the tying TD in the 3rd Q of that SB.

Played his entire career with STL football cardinals, retired at the end of the 77 season. Was talked out of retirement by Tom Landry to play for the Cowboys.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt worse for a player in my entire life.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 01-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #26159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Jackie Smith dropped what would have been the tying TD in the 3rd Q of that SB.

Played his entire career with STL football cardinals, retired at the end of the 77 season. Was talked out of retirement by Tom Landry to play for the Cowboys.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt worse for a player in my entire life.
that's correct.

my memory on that game is understandably foggy. I was 6.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:04 PM   #26160
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:

Steve Fuller
Bill Kenney
Todd Blackledge
Deberg
Vlasic
Krieg
Boner
Grbac
Gannon
Croyle
Thigpen
Huard
Smith

AND NOW MAHOMES.

All worth it. All of it.

It's different now.

There’s one more forgettable QB:

Frank Sueuer- former Kansas QB- who played two games as a “scab” I believe that’s what Bill Maas called them in the strike year, 1987.

He hung around for one more year. Maybe two.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation