Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #2596
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
Anyway you look at it, we faced the NFCs top two seeds (not including us) and the AFCs #1 seed in 3 consecutive weeks and were on the road for 2 of those games. Additionally 2 of the team's were coming off long rests.
That is accurate. Tough stretch.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #2597
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
Actually, you have to be cautious in evaluating the 49ers run defense. Kwon Alexander was out most of the year and just came back. He's a huge difference maker in the run defense. Basically, when Kwon's in, they have a super fast pro bowl caliber LB, Warner goes to his natural position and rookie Al-Shaiir goes to the bench. The stats you're looking are without Kwon. Look at the playoffs and how they played Cook and Jones. That's more indicative. That said, the d-line is pretty light and can get gassed. SF needs to win time of possession to keep the defense fresh.
That is also a potential problem. Because I've glanced at the Niners' offensive efficiency in terms of points scored per possession, and to be blunt, you guys punt a lot. About 5 times a game on average. SF has had a couple games recently where they scored more often than they punted/turned the ball over, but just a couple. The rest of them, regardless of who you play, you're offense is getting stalled for some reason and you punt.

The Chiefs average scoring on 65% of their possessions, taking out our playoffs wins, where we scored at a much higher rate.

If the Niners punt 5 times, the Chiefs are going to roll over the Niners.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #2598
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
The game against SEA might be the most informative for us.

SEA didn't have a running game, but somehow managed to run for 125 yards, 4.2 yards/carry.

Wilson had a below-average day for himself, but still threw for 233 yards and 2 TDs. Without a running game and only 2 receivers. One of which can only run 3-5 routes.

And the 49ers front only managed to sack Wilson once. And Russell is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

Their defense might not be quite a great as everyone thinks it is.
They just haven’t been as tested as most assume they have.

Good offenses put up 25-30 points.

Really good offenses put up over 30.

They haven’t seen the type of offense we have. Elite speed and playmaking ability at every position isn’t something you can prepare for till you see it in person.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #2599
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Actually, you have to be cautious in evaluating the 49ers run defense. Kwon Alexander was out most of the year and just came back. He's a huge difference maker in the run defense. Basically, when Kwon's in, they have a super fast pro bowl caliber LB, Warner goes to his natural position and rookie Al-Shaiir goes to the bench. The stats you're looking are without Kwon. Look at the playoffs and how they played Cook and Jones. That's more indicative. That said, the d-line is pretty light and can get gassed. SF needs to win time of possession to keep the defense fresh.

is Kwon 100%? Or rather is he expected to be by game time?
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #2600
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Kelce and Lucas not practicing today due to illness.

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #2601
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
is Kwon 100%? Or rather is he expected to be by game time?
He seems to be. I haven't heard that he's subject to any limitations. Pretty quick recovery from a torn pectoral.

Correction: He's been listed as limited in practice, so he is not 100%.

Last edited by A8bil; 01-23-2020 at 01:17 PM..
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #2602
In Mahomes I trust!

Ok, Cynthia Frelund projects Chiefs 29 - 49ers 27! WOOT! She is pretty damn accurate.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/game-theor...ore-projection
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #2603
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
This is what you said. It is you that is dishonest for backpeddling faster than a fat lesbian on a bicycle going down a hill in SF.

Look at this quote, BY YOU. Then actually read all of my arguments. You cannot prove this statement, as I have spent post after post explaining to you. It is also difficult for me (as I have explained) to write a 200 page thesis and do the studies necessary to prove that your stupid statement is not provable.

You can claim I am being dishonest, but how? I used the word "tough" instead of "hard" ? Come on MAN. Just admit that this statement above isn't provable by any means and move on. They played a bunch of teams with a high win % on the back stretch.....but the "hardest 6 game stretch" of all time? Thats a little much.....as I have explained over and over. ANd no I am not being dishonest. Thats your words...which youre walking back on now...my point (if you need a summary) is win % is not a good measure of a hard opponent sometimes, and then trying to extrapolate that over a huge history of the NFL with different schedules and bye weeks etc...impossible...
No, you're just being semantic. You know exactly what I meant but you want to bs about what the word "hard" means in this context. I don't have to provide evidence for your definition of "hard", that's your burden. My version was reported, easily provable, and commonly understood.

All because you want to go all esoteric to avoid giving the 49ers credit where credit is due.

We accomplished something hard that hasn't ever been done before in the post-merger NFL. Does Mahomes throw an interception if you admit that? Does Hill lose a couple tenths off his 40?

You're pathetic
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #2604
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post

They haven’t seen the type of offense we have. Elite speed and playmaking ability at every position isn’t something you can prepare for till you see it in person.
I am curious to see how the refs call the game. Will they be lenient on the Niners secondary or will they be strict? It is very hard to cover all the Chiefs’ weapons without grabbing. Titans and Texans both got killed by flags in the secondary.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #2605
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
He seems to be. I haven't heard that he's subject to any limitations. Pretty quick recovery from a torn pectoral.

yeah I read a bit about it a couple of days ago...i think he was snap count limited in the last two games. Pretty tough dude to be playing 20+ snaps with that shit....
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #2606
Veteran

Quote:
Lots of teams have loaded up on the run against us. Basically trying to use the Pats 6-1 Superbowl scheme against us since our offense is so similar the Rams. Essentially, that means you give up big plays to Kittle, Juice, Sanders, and Deebo.

I don't think it works too well. It's better to load up against the pass, try to contain big plays in the run game then try to score on offense. Easier said than done though.
I'll keep repeating this: the Titans had a more efficient rushing attack this year than the Niners, and the Chiefs just shut their running game down without having to load the box. That spells trouble for the Niners' ability to move the ball.

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #2607
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post

One thing I've heard over and over from former elite defensive backs that have been interviewed this post-season: they've never seen a receiving corps with the speed the Chiefs have in Hill, Watkins, Hardman and Kelce.

One of them was saying (can't remember the guy's name now, but if I listed it everyone would know him), "they got three #1s on the field at the same time! Watkins is a #1 that is a #3 on that team because he's not fast enough! He's a 4.3!"
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #2608
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
I don't have to provide evidence for your definition of "hard", that's your burden.

I made lots of posts explaining why win % does not equal "harder opponent" some times. And thus the implication that a lower win % doesnt always mean an easier opponent...should be obvious....I went into pretty great detail about divisional, scheduling & bye week changes and the fact that win % can be less in the past due to the way the NFL scheduled games historically. I even gave you a pretty good link explaining the history of it. And how it is nearly impossible to go back throughout all time for any team and make the claim you made. You sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't mean I didn't meet my burden.

Quote:
All because you want to go all esoteric to avoid giving the 49ers credit where credit is due.

No. I give them all kinds of credit. Look up some of my posts. Ive been saying the niners and garoppolo are a great team. Look back at a post i made in 2017 after i watched him in person. You just can't read and are being an oversensative pussy. This was a tough stretch of games......but toughest of all time? You can't prove that. Thats all im saying. Youre the one who is dishonest and pathetic for not just slowing your roll and taking 30 seconds to READ what I am saying...****ign spazz...

Last edited by Ming the Merciless; 01-23-2020 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #2609
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
That is also a potential problem. Because I've glanced at the Niners' offensive efficiency in terms of points scored per possession, and to be blunt, you guys punt a lot. About 5 times a game on average. SF has had a couple games recently where they scored more often than they punted/turned the ball over, but just a couple. The rest of them, regardless of who you play, you're offense is getting stalled for some reason and you punt.

The Chiefs average scoring on 65% of their possessions, taking out our playoffs wins, where we scored at a much higher rate.

If the Niners punt 5 times, the Chiefs are going to roll over the Niners.
Agreed, but also note that you guys score quickly when you do. You don't tend to grind the clock, which works in the SF defense's favor.
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #2610
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No, you're just being semantic. You know exactly what I meant but you want to bs about what the word "hard" means in this context. I don't have to provide evidence for your definition of "hard", that's your burden. My version was reported, easily provable, and commonly understood.

We accomplished something hard that hasn't ever been done before in the post-merger NFL. Does Mahomes throw an interception if you admit that? Does Hill lose a couple tenths off his 40?

You're pathetic
Have you guys won 8 in a row in some of the worst playing conditions?

No- so shut the **** up.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.