Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:24 AM   #2581
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Ok CP Motorcycle folks. Anybody have any opinion on KTM motorcycles?

They are certainly more affordable than some of the other options in the beginner sportbike class, but is a few bucks saved worth it over a Honda/Kawasaki, etc.?

Specifically, here is what we are looking at:

Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions.
I somehow missed this post as I was riding my KTM in Utah dirt in September 2023.
I have the KTM 390 Adventure. It has the same motor as a RC 390 but on a different platform.
I've really enjoyed this little thumper. High Rev machine, light and nimble, perfect bike on the twisties. I haven't had any issues with it and currently got 20K on the machine. It is no slab eater by any means, it has its limitations. But it is the perfect machine for me to throw my fly rod on and hit the gravel roads of Northeast Iowa so I can trout fish. I don't find the motor at higher speeds (75+) to be to vibratory. Easy motor to work on and the bike out the door was less then $7K. I would recommend.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:44 AM   #2582
best in the biz

New tires, fresh coils, new riding season.

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:55 AM   #2583
Starter

Just went to my friend’s sister’s funeral. Inexperienced rider, hit gravel.

Wear your helmets.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-17-2024, 09:10 AM   #2584
Seeking the Truth daily

Have friend selling his Indian. Im not a bike guy but its a pretty machine
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:11 AM   #2585
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Just got a new bike. Triumph Bonneville Bobber. 100% impractical but a lot of fun. Just hope we have good weather this summer so i can ride.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m...er/bobber-2023
Sweet ride!
How much riding can you actually do in Alaska? Seems to me it would be too cold most of the year.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:12 AM   #2586
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbott View Post
I had a Triumph Rocket III, my wife saw it at the dealership and liked the looks of it. It only took one ride on it that was over an hour and a half to not want to be on that bike again. She prefers my Yamaha FZ1 as it is an upright sport tourer.

I love motorcycles, I have ridden almost everything and currently have 3 bikes in the garage and two in the travel trailer for the racetrack. I accept that I have a problem but I do not go to meetings for it!

Have fun and enjoy your new bike!
You don't need therapy. Riding IS therapy.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:16 AM   #2587
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Just went to my friend’s sister’s funeral. Inexperienced rider, hit gravel.

Wear your helmets.
That's sad. I do wear a helmet.

About put mine down this morning just pulling out. I back out of the garage and past the concrete driveway and down into the gravel part and the grass coming up through the gravel had some dew. I hit the throttle a bit and about wiped out. Riding isn't for everyone.

For me, it's more about being aware of your surroundings. Lots of idiots in cars out there not paying attention to the road.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:38 AM   #2588
Supporter

I am bummed do to a hip issue and can't ride anymore. Working on selling my scoot currently.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:25 PM   #2589
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Sweet ride!
How much riding can you actually do in Alaska? Seems to me it would be too cold most of the year.
Riding season is roughly now through about the end of September. When the sun’s out it’s great but the last couple of summers have been chilly and rainy, really limiting riding time. While you should always wear a helmet, it’s really important up here. It’s too cold for salt to melt snow in the winter so DOT uses gravel for traction. Even our paved roads can have gravel from the winter. So not only do you have to be careful about the gravel, every windshield up here has chips and dings from rocks that get trapped in tire treads of other cars and then are flung out. Getting hit in the head with one would be bad. Not to mention that our roads are bad because of freeze/frost cycles, moose and other animals, and general road hazards. Riding up here is not for the faint of heart. But on the other hand, I was riding some back roads a few years ago and up ahead I saw a family of foxes on the side of the road. 2nd time that’s happened. I pulled the bike over and just watched them run around.

Glad to hear you weren’t injured in your spill today. As you note, it’s easy to wipe out. Hope your bike wasn’t damaged too bad. Stay safe.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:03 PM   #2590
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
I somehow missed this post as I was riding my KTM in Utah dirt in September 2023.
I have the KTM 390 Adventure. It has the same motor as a RC 390 but on a different platform.
I've really enjoyed this little thumper. High Rev machine, light and nimble, perfect bike on the twisties. I haven't had any issues with it and currently got 20K on the machine. It is no slab eater by any means, it has its limitations. But it is the perfect machine for me to throw my fly rod on and hit the gravel roads of Northeast Iowa so I can trout fish. I don't find the motor at higher speeds (75+) to be to vibratory. Easy motor to work on and the bike out the door was less then $7K. I would recommend.
Went with the Ninja 400 in Pearl Blizzard White.

alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 08:16 PM   #2591
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Went with the Ninja 400 in Pearl Blizzard White.

Nice! It’s pretty amazing what comes standard on what they call entry level bikes. I bet that motorcycle is a blast.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #2592
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
You ever come to Alaska to fly fish, drop me a line. I’ll give you suggestions on where and when to go depending on the species. And if you want to rent a motorcycle, I’ll go ride with you.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 10:48 AM   #2593
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
You ever come to Alaska to fly fish, drop me a line. I’ll give you suggestions on where and when to go depending on the species. And if you want to rent a motorcycle, I’ll go ride with you.
Alaska is on my list! But so is Kamchatka lol. Would love to throw some mice patterns at those fish in the Kamchatka Peninsula.
Retirement is on the horizon so I appreciate the offer!