Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #25786
In Search of a Life

Monoclonal antibodies are still imo the best bet for severe cases but that may be a bit off time wise.

There was something that can calm the cytokines storm that showed good results . Toclimibad? I failed therapeutics
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #25787
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Monoclonal antibodies are still imo the best bet for severe cases but that may be a bit off time wise.

There was something that can calm the cytokines storm that showed good results . Toclimibad? I failed therapeutics
Close. Tocilizumab.

Here's the key: all monoclonal antibodies will end with -mab (Monoclonal AntiBody)

If it is derived from a mouse (murIne) or is a chImera, it will be -imab
If it is derived from a hUman, it will be -umab.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #25788
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Yea.....

The reason why I said it wasn't political because I knew people would do just what you did, see it's from Glen Beck and pre-judge.
I remember when Glen Beck used to try to sell me garbage products on info commercials. Ah, those were the days.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:31 PM   #25789
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I remember when Glen Beck used to try to sell me garbage products on info commercials. Ah, those were the days.
Personally I can't stand him. Never really could.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #25790
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Close. Tocilizumab.

Here's the key: all monoclonal antibodies will end with -mab (Monoclonal AntiBody)

If it is derived from a mouse (murIne) or is a chImera, it will be -imab
If it is derived from a hUman, it will be -umab.
Yeah I probably had to know that at one time or so. Long gone now.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #25791
I love your mom

Quote:
I just thought it interesting about treating the immune system and how a half of the doctors that call him just want a quick fix.
There are a lot of Doctors out there looking for the quick fix I am sure , those would be doctors I would avoid. I look for doctors with the ability to say “I don’t know “ , “ I made a mistake” very hard to find one willing to say those things and some see it as a weakness but I see it as a mark of intellect.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #25792
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/linamichi/status...153378816?s=21

Good news
Old 04-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #25793
MVP

Quote:
Yea.....

The reason why I said it wasn't political because I knew people would do just what you did, see it's from Glen Beck and pre-judge.
And they'd be right to pre-judge. Then once you watch it, Alex Jones-lite starts 30 seconds in trying to frame the narrative, and continues throughout to try to steer the guy down a certain path.

Like Hamas said, I'm skeptical that he's treated all these people without a single death. If you want to believe him, or those two quacks from earlier this week, or that Zelensky idiot in NY or whatever his name was - feel free. I won't stop you.

To the rest of you, don't worry - that's my last response - I'm not going to continue to argue with him and derail the thread.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #25794
I love your mom

Quote:
Good-ish , I didn’t like that part about damaged lung tissue, I assume they just meant the lining .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:49 PM   #25795
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
And they'd be right to pre-judge. Then once you watch it, Alex Jones-lite starts 30 seconds in trying to frame the narrative, and continues throughout to try to steer the guy down a certain path.

Like Hamas said, I'm skeptical that he's treated all these people without a single death. If you want to believe him, or those two quacks from earlier this week, or that Zelensky idiot in NY or whatever his name was - feel free. I won't stop you.

To the rest of you, don't worry - that's my last response - I'm not going to continue to argue with him and derail the thread.
Funny you are about the only one going there but whatever...glad you're feeling better
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #25796
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Good-ish , I didn’t like that part about damaged lung tissue, I assume they just meant the lining .
It's not good for the patient, but it's good that immunity still seems to be long term. My hope is that eventually people who have had it can largely go back to life as normal.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:59 PM   #25797
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's not good for the patient, but it's good that immunity still seems to be long term. My hope is that eventually people who have had it can largely go back to life as normal.
Absolutely.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #25798
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

Key points imo of linked article:

“The respiratory epithelial cell has a half-life of up to three months, and RNA virus in the cell can be detected with PCR testing one to two months after the elimination of the cell,” Oh said.

The committee’s findings confirmed an earlier assessment from the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that repeat patients appear to have little or no contagiousness. The KCDC cited results of virus culture tests that all failed to find live virus in recovered patients."

That was the prevailing thought in the West, especially considering they weren't finding live virus in the samples of people reinfected, but China's best researchers kept throwing gas on the reinfection fire, as well as the "multiple strains" so vaccine unlikely to work fire.

This is great news though, and again we have even more hope today as herd immunity, therapeutics, and a viable vaccine are all in play. Hey Science!!
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #25799
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Thanks for having the courage to come and say what some people don't want to hear.
Bahahaha, hey i took the time to watch the video i had to comment.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #25800
Life is changing..

How were the overall numbers compared to yesterday?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.