Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #2566
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
What’s rompered??
Subforum at the top that's more of a free-for-all.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #2567
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
No, he even acknowledged that we did have the hardest stretch by SOS that late in the season

No I didn't. I said by win %. I mentioned SOS because before the "new" scheduling that we currently have, there was a MUCH different way the NFL scheduled games. Youre probably too young to know about that which is why you didn't get what I was saying. I was mentioning SOS in the PAST as a complicating factor that makes it even harder to do these "all time" comparisons....because that would be a factor that changes the win % stat. Also the bye week changes over the years have messed up any real study of this due to the randomness of when you get your rest week. Much easier to do an "all time" study when there was no bye week or everyone had the same bye week or the bye week was 1-2 weeks in the middle...unlike the current system. All of these factors are more evidence why I think its impossible to "prove" this 6 game stretch was the "toughest of ALL TIME".. (especially when your primary evidence is win %)

edit:

Current System : 14 pre-determined games, and only 2 games scheduled based on the previous year's standngs
Previous Systems: much more complex with many more variables: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...b7d.html?p=521

Last edited by Ming the Merciless; 01-23-2020 at 12:13 PM..
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #2568
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Only one. It's hard to decide where to draw the line, but MOST of the 9ers fans here have been discussing the game. It's just when people start throwing out useless bullshit that we really feel like we should step in.
Gotcha.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:05 PM   #2569
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I know one thing, Spags vs. Shanny Jr. is a much better matchup for us than Saleh vs. Reid is for them.
True but man is Spags gonna have his hands full. Rat Jr is the 2nd best play designer in the league after Andy. I like him a great deal more than McVay bc he doesn’t just copy Andy.

And they do have a ton of speed. All their RB’s are sub 4.4, Samuel is a 4.4 guy, Sanders is old but still fast and Kittle is the closest thing to Kelce in the league.

I trust our defensive staff. I think they will be ready. And we don’t have to shut them down, just force them to kick FG’s on some drives.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #2570
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I’ll take our front 4 over SD. As far as their secondary, 100% agree, those names are stellar.

But as a unit, .9ers play better than SD loaded Secondary.
Well, we're going to find out if your secondary is really as good as you think it is.

But their performances against ATL, NO, and SEA weren't that impressive.

Especially ATL. I mean, Matt Ryan? WTH?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #2571
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I’ll take our front 4 over SD. As far as their secondary, 100% agree, those names are stellar.

But as a unit, .9ers play better than SD loaded Secondary.
Not with Derwin ****ing James in the lineup you don’t.

What do you mouth breathers not get about him being hurt for the majority of the season?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #2572
Starter

The chargers lost 9 games by one possession while being marred with injuries. Without digging into it, i'm pretty sure those games came down to Rivers doing what he typically does. That defense held was consistently put in bad position after bad position and yet, always gave the offense a chance to make something happen.

Give me that chargers defense over the niners all day
anaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutanaheimkcfan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #2573
Starter

Anyway you look at it, we faced the NFCs top two seeds (not including us) and the AFCs #1 seed in 3 consecutive weeks and were on the road for 2 of those games. Additionally 2 of the team's were coming off long rests.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #2574
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Well, we're going to find out if your secondary is really as good as you think it is.

But their performances against ATL, NO, and SEA weren't that impressive.

Especially ATL. I mean, Matt Ryan? WTH?

Let me clear this up before it bites me in the ass.

Those guys up in SD are amazing. Individually those players are amazing. As a unit they don’t seem to gel.

On the other hand, our front 7 is pretty amazing also. Not the most recognizable names in the secondary. But as an entire unit/scheme we gel perfectly. Our front definitely saves our secondary from being exposed.

Drew Brees is a HOF QB. Not even mad that he made us look foolish.
Russell Wilson... what can I say... he’s just a pest. Great QB also
Matt Ryan... Don’t know what you’re talking about...lol
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #2575
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheimkcfan View Post
The chargers lost 9 games by one possession while being marred with injuries. Without digging into it, i'm pretty sure those games came down to Rivers doing what he typically does. That defense held was consistently put in bad position after bad position and yet, always gave the offense a chance to make something happen.

Give me that chargers defense over the niners all day
Their D seems tailored for your O. They play tons of DBs and 1 LB most of the time.

They'd probably get run over in the NFCW, especially before Gurley got hurt. The Patriots showed that in playoffs last year.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #2576
Suupraa Geniuuusss

The game against SEA might be the most informative for us.

SEA didn't have a running game, but somehow managed to run for 125 yards, 4.2 yards/carry.

Wilson had a below-average day for himself, but still threw for 233 yards and 2 TDs. Without a running game and only 2 receivers. One of which can only run 3-5 routes.

And the 49ers front only managed to sack Wilson once. And Russell is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

Their defense might not be quite a great as everyone thinks it is.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #2577
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Anyway you look at it, we faced the NFCs top two seeds (not including us) and the AFCs #1 seed in 3 consecutive weeks and were on the road for 2 of those games. Additionally 2 of the team's were coming off long rests.

Thats much more factual than saying you played the "toughest 6 game stretch of ANY TEAM of ALL TIME".... which as I have pointed out is pretty much impossible to prove or disprove. If you JUST went back to 2002, then you could start trying to put together an argument MAYBE..(if you used other metrics aside from win %) ..but I think there are too many variables like bye weeks, injuries, schedule considerations.....etc... to JUST go by win % as a measure of an opponents "Toughness" and then expand that claim to all other seasons for all time (or even 18 years would be a pretty daunting task).
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #2578
Starter

Quote:
Let me clear this up before it bites me in the ass.

Those guys up in SD are amazing. Individually those players are amazing. As a unit they don’t seem to gel.

On the other hand, our front 7 is pretty amazing also. Not the most recognizable names in the secondary. But as an entire unit/scheme we gel perfectly. Our front definitely saves our secondary from being exposed.

Drew Brees is a HOF QB. Not even mad that he made us look foolish.
Russell Wilson... what can I say... he’s just a pest. Great QB also
Matt Ryan... Don’t know what you’re talking about...lol
Dude, shit happens, ATL is a talented team with bad coaching, much like the Cowboys. And 3/4ths of our secondary didn't play.

Chiefs fans should understand, I mean, they lost to the Colts.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #2579
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
when people start throwing out useless bullshit that we really feel like we should step in.
That would be 95% of what these trolls say.....
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #2580
Starter

Quote:
Dude, shit happens, ATL is a talented team with bad coaching, much like the Cowboys. And 3/4ths of our secondary didn't play.

Chiefs fans should understand, I mean, they lost to the Colts.

I agree. Unfortunately we’re the visitors on this forum. For all they care KC wasn’t healthy for that game against the Colts. They really REALLY can care less that the Falcons finished the last 8 weeks with a 6-2 record.
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about