Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #2566
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Just a side thought for fun but after watching the DL v OL pass rushing/blocking drill I thought why couldn't we recruit say a Sumo Wrestler the size of Willie Roaf and teach him how to block like Willie Roaf. I mean like a side project and see if he could convert into a power house LT and just see what happens. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I think it would be a fun experiment
I guess it would be fun but the two obstacles I see right from the gate are:

1. Teaching someone to block like Willie Roaf sounds great in theory, but Willie Roaf spent years learning proper technique

2. The Sumo dude's sheer girth would provide a split second deterrent, but an NFL speed rusher off the edge would leave that dude holding his whatever the **** it's called that Sumo guys wear.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #2567
Curmudgeon

I don't see any point in getting stressed over who's the #2 at this point. If Bray is #2 now, that doesn't mean he'll be there come Sept. 7 or even later. Let's play 4 preseason games and see what happens.
As for trading Bray, if Smith is cut/traded/retires at the end of this season and Mahomes is the guy for 2018, who's our #2 then?
There's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes is our future, but let's not get our panties in a bunch about a meaningless preseason game.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #2568
In Search of a Life

Reid has already said the positions will not be determined by the games alone. He said they are being scored on every move in practice, meetings, and games. The final decisions will be made after compiling all the information.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #2569
In Search of a Life

Spiller getting noticed.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...ind-cj-spiller
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #2570
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXjDqYkhfWB/

That last pass in this video by Mahomes is one of the best throws I've ever seen a Chiefs player make
Oh, c'mon, gimmie a break.

I'm just as excited as the next guy about Mahomes, but lets slow our roll here. There was NO pass rush, not even a simulated rush with a pretty routine throw.

I know everyone gets all gushy over deep balls, but most every NFL QB can make that throw.

Bray & Smith have been making throws like that all offseason. Hell, even Tyler Bray was hitting goal posts from 40-50 yards out. It means dick.

That was nothing more than a routine throw that ANY NFL QB should be making. That's not what makes a QB special.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #2571
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks View Post
The wise concept here is to not stress about "saving the 2017 season" by desperately throwing Mahomes in. The wise concept is to patiently develop Mahomes to be a HOF quarterback beyond 2017, and more realistically by 2020.

( meaning, Mahomes will start the 2018 or even 2019 season after being fully prepared.. and from there, would likely take another yr or three to develop into the top 5 of all QBs )
Exactly
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #2572
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
That video in the article was a thing of beauty.

Maybe the Chiefs have engrained it in me, but, even though I love a well-thrown bomb, there is something about watching the coordinated effort of a well-devised/executed run that gets me hyped.
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #2573
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan View Post
That video in the article was a thing of beauty.

Maybe the Chiefs have engrained it in me, but, even though I love a well-thrown bomb, there is something about watching the coordinated effort of a well-devised/executed run that gets me hyped.
the stretch and sweep plays during the Trent/Priest/amazing O-line years were a thing of absolute beauty to watch. Practically impossible to defend.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #2574
Needs more middle fingers

I fully expect Spiller to get stuffed all preseason long. His vision has never impressed me and he'll be running behind a junk line.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #2575
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I fully expect Spiller to get stuffed all preseason long. His vision has never impressed me and he'll be running behind a junk line.
If Spiller SOL Sucks Out Loud then I'm going question why Chiefs brought him in because it's not like we are hurting at running back.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #2576
Diablo Negro

This will not slow the Mahomes love at all.

Go to the 3:00 mark and listen to Louis Riddick.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #2577
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Wood.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #2578
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

I've always like Louis Riddick. We should of hired him as gm
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #2579
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
If Spiller SOL Sucks Out Loud then I'm going question why Chiefs brought him in because it's not like we are hurting at running back.
They brought him in because he's a veteran that can learn the offense during the offseason.

If there's an injury to Ware, West or Hunt, he'll more than likely be available during the season.

The guy hasn't done anything in the NFL since 2013 and was cut by two different running back needy teams last year.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #2580
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
I've always like Louis Riddick. We should of hired him as gm
The Mods need to change your username to GoChiefs
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.