Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Anyone who says Cassell performed the same as Brady is a moron. To me, the double standard is that Matt Ryan has become the poster child for taking a QB in the top 3, and yet he benefited about as much from his supporting cast as Cassell did. Why do people insist that Cassell only won games because of his supporting cast, but Ryan won games because he was a top 3 pick? In my opinion, you take away that running game in Atlanta, and Ryan would have had an average rookie season.

That's the part that bothers me. I think people are 100 times more critical of Cassell not because of what he brings to the table, but because of where he was picked. I guarantee that if Cassell were a top 15 pick with that same exact season, this entire board would be screaming up and down about how the Chiefs need to trade for him.

What? If he was a top 15 pick and he only threw 20 TDs to Moss and Welker.....I wouldn't be wanting to trade for him.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
What? If he was a top 15 pick and he only threw 20 TDs to Moss and Welker.....I wouldn't be wanting to trade for him.
If Cassell had any better a season, he would have been in the pro bowl. Don't you think that's a ridiculous standard that a guy is complete garbage if he's not a pro bowler in his "rookie" season?

No matter who his receivers are, when people expect you to throw for over 20 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and win more than 11 games in your first 16 games as a starter, then you know the expectations are ridiculous.

Cassell had a very solid season. I don't know if he can continue that success. I don't know about his upside. But it's amazing that people expect a pro bowl season from a guy who hasn't started a game since high school until 2008.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:
If Cassell had any better a season, he would have been in the pro bowl. Don't you think that's a ridiculous standard that a guy is complete garbage if he's not a pro bowler in his "rookie" season?

No matter who his receivers are, when people expect you to throw for over 20 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and win more than 11 games in your first 16 games as a starter, then you know the expectations are ridiculous.

Cassell had a very solid season. I don't know if he can continue that success. I don't know about his upside. But it's amazing that people expect a pro bowl season from a guy who hasn't started a game since high school until 2008.
No one said he was garbage. He played well, but I don't think he does half as good if it was his rookie season, and he was throwing to White, and Jenkins. Like someone else said he's been with the Patriots, and practicing with them for three years, and he did not make the kind of plays Ryan did.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Anyone who says Cassell performed the same as Brady is a moron. To me, the double standard is that Matt Ryan has become the poster child for taking a QB in the top 3, and yet he benefited about as much from his supporting cast as Cassell did. Why do people insist that Cassell only won games because of his supporting cast, but Ryan won games because he was a top 3 pick? In my opinion, you take away that running game in Atlanta, and Ryan would have had an average rookie season.

That's the part that bothers me. I think people are 100 times more critical of Cassell not because of what he brings to the table, but because of where he was picked. I guarantee that if Cassell were a top 15 pick with that same exact season, this entire board would be screaming up and down about how the Chiefs need to trade for him.
Cassel is older and has less upside (not as physically gifted as Ryan). While Ryan did benefit from a good running game, as a team the Falcons rushed for less than 200 yards more on the season than the Patriots.

However, Randy Moss and Wes Welker are much better receivers than Roddy White and Michael Jenkins. Cassel also gets the advantage that he walked into a situation where he had already been with the team and in the system for 3 years whereas everything was new for both Matt Ryan and Michael Turner.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:

I disagree. Ryan made plays that few QBs in the league can make, and if he had Moss, and Welker to throw to, he would probably be the MVP of the league this season IMO.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
**** That Noise

Palmer's junior year: 2,717yds, 58.6%, 13 TD, and 12 int
Palmer's senior year:3,942 yards, 63.2%, 33 TDs and 10 int

Cutler's junior year: 1844yds, 61%, 10 TD, 5 int, 134.81 rating
Cutler's senior year: 3073yds, 59.1%, 21 TD, 9 int, 126.07 rating

Stafford's junior year: 3209yds, 61.1%, 22TD, 9int, 153.17 rating
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Palmer's junior year: 2,717yds, 58.6%, 13 TD, and 12 int
Palmer's senior year:3,942 yards, 63.2%, 33 TDs and 10 int

Cutler's junior year: 1844yds, 61%, 10 TD, 5 int, 134.81 rating
Cutler's senior year: 3073yds, 59.1%, 21 TD, 9 int, 126.07 rating

Stafford's junior year: 3209yds, 61.1%, 22TD, 9int, 153.17 rating
Is the point you are trying to make is that these 3 QB's have done nothing in the NFL?
Don't know much about Palmer, but Cutler is a moron. Great arm - bad brain.

Maybe Stafford can come in and not win a SB also?

Just wondering what this post is supposed to mean.
1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.1ChiefsDan would the whole thing.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan View Post
Is the point you are trying to make is that these 3 QB's have done nothing in the NFL?
Don't know much about Palmer, but Cutler is a moron. Great arm - bad brain.

Maybe Stafford can come in and not win a SB also?

Just wondering what this post is supposed to mean.
Carson Palmer played spectacularly 2005 - 2007 and missed most of last season due to injury. It remains to be seen if he can come back, but pre-injury he was the definition of a franchise quarterback.

Jay Cutler has impressive numbers through two full seasons of starting. Good completion percentage, lots of yards, positive TD/int ratio.

Stafford had comparable stats to both in college. Are you really too blunt to get the point?
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Aberzombie and Fitch

If Cassell had his spectacular season without Randy Moss, I'd be more interested in him. But Moss is an awfully good security blanket (catches everything) and decoy. Plus, I don't want to give my 3rd overall pick to the Patriots on principle alone. Perhaps a player + pick trade I could go for ... but not our first rounder.
Christofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofire View Post
If Cassell had his spectacular season without Randy Moss, I'd be more interested in him. But Moss is an awfully good security blanket (catches everything) and decoy. Plus, I don't want to give my 3rd overall pick to the Patriots on principle alone. Perhaps a player + pick trade I could go for ... but not our first rounder.
He barely threw it to moss and could never connect on the long ball. He loved tossing those short routes to welker and some to gaffney. Moss's #'s would've been much higher if the guy could get it down field.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Aberzombie and Fitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
He barely threw it to moss and could never connect on the long ball. He loved tossing those short routes to welker and some to gaffney. Moss's #'s would've been much higher if the guy could get it down field.
Here were Moss' stats:

Randy Moss 69 catches, 1008 yards, 11 TDs

That's a pretty good season ... even as a decoy.
Christofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChristofire is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
Mahomes Dynasty

Lets see what Thigpen can do.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Lets see what Thigpen can do.
We already know what he can do: lose games and get worse as the game goes on.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthig...s?id=THI677677

Half Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck Rate
1st Half 204 115 56.4 1,425 7.0 75 13 6 69 33.8 15 11 87.2

2nd Half 216 115 53.2 1,183 5.5 45 5 6 58 26.9 13 15 65.4

Last Two Minutes of Half 67 30 44.8 304 4.5 32 3 3 18 26.9 3 4 54.6

Quarters Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck Rate
1st Quarter 90 56 62.2 633 7.0 36 5 1 33 36.7 4 6 97.1

2nd Quarter 114 59 51.8 792 6.9 75 8 5 36 31.6 11 5 79.3

3rd Quarter 93 53 57.0 557 6.0 45 1 2 28 30.1 5 4 69.2

4th Quarter 123 62 50.4 626 5.1 32 4 4 30 24.4 8 11 62.6

4th Quarter within 7 122 61 50.0 619 5.1 32 4 4 29 23.8 8 10 62.2
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
We already know what he can do: lose games and get worse as the game goes on.
That wouldn't be such a big deal if we fix our defense. We would never be behind in the 4th quarter, so it wouldn't matter. Just look at Sundays game. Steelers have the top ranked defense and a 20-7 lead in the 4th quarter. Game over!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.