Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #2521
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
Fun fact Michael Clarke Duncan wanted to be batman so much before he died.
Could you still call him The Dark Knight and not be labeled racist?
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #2522
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Could you still call him The Dark Knight and not be labeled racist?
Reported.

Keep your political opinions in the proper forum.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #2523
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Reported.

Keep your political opinions in the proper forum.
I'm not going to side track this thread with a pissing match but I was discussing media in the media forum. Politics and media tend to overlap at times.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #2524
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I'm not seeing it. Why are you choosing this to trash? Your clearly wrong.
Spoiler!
yes, in the movie he looked soft. In comparison to a touched up picture.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #2525
MVP

Clay has owned this thread. When we first watched A New Hope we thought that Obi-Wan was our only hope; the only one who could beat Vader. Then Vader kills him and Luke rises up. We learned all about the galaxy and how our pre conceived notions were wrong as we watched the rest of the trilogy and all the other cartoons/books.

The magic of the firsrt three has been lost with all the cartoons/comics/books. Now there is no changing preconceived notions. If you walk into any star wars movie past or present thinking you know everything about the galaxy far far away the movie will suck. The reason they were so great is that they let our imaginations run wild.

Now a bunch of us 40 year old men have lost our imaginations and the movies aren’t as good. Of course my young boys who have watched all the other films, including the crappy ones thought the movie was great just as i didi when i was their age.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #2526
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
Clay has owned this thread. When we first watched A New Hope we thought that Obi-Wan was our only hope; the only one who could beat Vader. Then Vader kills him and Luke rises up. We learned all about the galaxy and how our pre conceived notions were wrong as we watched the rest of the trilogy and all the other cartoons/books.

The magic of the firsrt three has been lost with all the cartoons/comics/books. Now there is no changing preconceived notions. If you walk into any star wars movie past or present thinking you know everything about the galaxy far far away the movie will suck. The reason they were so great is that they let our imaginations run wild.

Now a bunch of us 40 year old men have lost our imaginations and the movies aren’t as good. Of course my young boys who have watched all the other films, including the crappy ones thought the movie was great just as i didi when i was their age.
It was always going to be impossible for TFA and TLJ to live up to expectations because the EU gave us ****ing 50 movies playing in our heads. But you can't shoot any of that because the leads are too old.

Other than the fact that JJ Abrams got a LITTLE too close to the ANH mark with TFA (not ideal, but forgivable since the crux of the movie wasn't Starkiller base but rather Rey/Kylo), I fully believe we've gotten the best Star Wars sequels we were ever going to get.

Disney has had an an almost impossible task and they have managed to deliver experiences as a moviegoer the prequels never even came close to delivering. I don't even want to watch those movies again, but I downloaded a shitty cam of TLJ just to watch that Luke scene over and over again. I ****ing love it as much as I love ANYTHING from the OT.

Fanboy, OUT.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #2527
Bring it on Ahab!

Saw it.

Hated it.

Disappointing since I never expect to dislike these films. I don't really take them seriously enough for that, but here I am.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #2528
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Saw it.

Hated it.

Disappointing since I never expect to dislike these films. I don't really take them seriously enough for that, but here I am.
53% on Rotten Tomatoes
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #2529
Supporter

finally saw it, ****ing dumb and bad
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #2530
I'll be back.

It's made $610 MILLION dollars in a week.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #2531
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It's made $610 MILLION dollars in a week.
Britney Spears sold a ton of records too but her music is actually shit
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #2532
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Saw it.

Hated it.

Give it a week and see it again. I practically guarantee your opinion will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin View Post
finally saw it, ****ing dumb and bad
You literally never like shit. If you aren't a 70 year old bitching about how movies were great back in your day, then you should be.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #2533
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
You literally never like shit. If you aren't a 70 year old bitching about how movies were great back in your day, then you should be.

fair
Old 12-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #2534
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Not a Hollywood fan boy. Who did Rogue One? Thought that sucked as to. It was all White Old guy bad/ minoritys good. Totally shit on my ability to enjoy the movie with the politics injected. About walked out of the damn thing.

JFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.okcchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #2535
Supporter

couple of things that bothered me the most:

1. Fin's entire subplot is completely pointless. They sneak off, go to the other planet, sneak on all for nothing. Oops all for nothing except to inspire the stupid kid at the end that no one actually cares about. Pointless. Seemed like the writers wrote the general plot and was like "oh **** we forgot about Fin, what kind of lame stupid thing can we write in to make him seem relevant but actually result in nothing that affects the main story?" Although that's not entirely true, they actually got a bunch of people killed as a result of them bringing on the hacker guy or whatever because he's the one that tells the imperials about the shuttles.

2. Luke's death. I was fine with him dying a heroic death. He should have just died like Obi Wan the moment the lightsaber hit him. That would have tied in perfectly with the scene before when R2 convinces him to help by reminding him Obi Wan did the same. But nope, the writers wanted to feel like they're clever so they pull a "NOPE he he didn't die... NOPE AGAIN HE ACTUALLY DOES BUT NOT THERE!!" Wow. Ruined an otherwise epic scene.

There was a lot of "GOTCHA! DOUBLE-GOTCHA" things written in the movie that had little to no payoff, predictable, and ultimately undeserved. It was happening so often it felt like a complete parody of itself.