Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #25246
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Nah, everyone knows KC>>>STL in every single fashion, so I'm not surprised.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:18 AM   #25247
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You doctors just love doom and gloom shit.
How are facts doom and gloom? Reality is hard for you huh?
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #25248
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Thanks to that CDC site you can look at the different models besides the IHME one.

This one you can look at the R0 estimate and actual for every state.

https://covid19-projections.com/infections-tracker/
Wow. That model is much more pessimistic. They also take a pretty large dump on the IHME model.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #25249
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
We all know this is going to pass through just about everyone, eventually. People will die, and it sucks, but we can't hide from this forever.

By isolating ourselves we've given the hospitals a chance to take in the people that need care at a somewhat controlled rate. By some miracle a vaccine will be developed (not holding my breath) that will protect everyone.

It is possible.......sit down for this........that both sides of the argument are correct. Distancing and herd mentality work.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #25250
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Yea you probably don't want to go down the "reality" road. Not that you have ever seen it.

I fully understand the reality of all of this, people die every day in large numbers from all kinds of shit.

And his statement was opinion not "fact" in any way shape or form. I get this is hard for you.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #25251
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Yea you probably don't want to go down the "reality" road. Not that you have ever seen it.

I fully understand the reality of all of this, people die every day in large numbers from all kinds of shit.

And his statement was opinion not "fact" in any way shape or form. I get this is hard for you.
Tell me: what other contagious disease has killed 55,000 Americans in the last month or so?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #25252
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Tell me: what other contagious disease has killed 55,000 Americans in the last month or so?
Tell me how many people have purchased a Popeyes chicken sandwich in the last 3 months.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #25253
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Tell me how many people have purchased a Popeyes chicken sandwich in the last 3 months.
I see. If you don't want to be challenged when you say foolish things, I'd suggest not saying them at all.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #25254
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
LOL, he has probably accused me of the same 30 times in the DC thread for doing the same thing.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #25255
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

One third of Sweden’s COVID-19 deaths are taking place in nursing homes.

If they could more strategically social distance this high risk group (i.e. limit outside visitors, ensure that all staff have proper protective gear, etc.), their overall death rate would be much lower.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #25256
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I see. If you don't want to be challenged when you say foolish things, I'd suggest not saying them at all.
Look I am not going to muck this thread up with a debate you and I have already had 10 times in the other forum. You know what I think of your qualifier and you know we disagree. Move the **** on with your high and mighty bullshit.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #25257
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
How many of those people died without any other underlying health conditions/contributing causes of death?
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #25258
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Look I am not going to muck this thread up with a debate you and I have already had 10 times in the other forum. You know what I think of your qualifier and you know we disagree. Move the **** on with your high and mighty bullshit.
And you chose to bring it up here. Your argument is crap. Yes, people die of other diseases all the time. And car wrecks. They aren't contagious. You can't spread it to 3 or more other people. Comparing COVID-19 to the above, or even seasonal flu, is not valid.

Like I said, name one other flu season that had a monthly death toll of 50,000 people. If you can't, please stop trying to make the comparison.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #25259
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
How many of those people died without any other underlying health conditions/contributing causes of death?
I don't know. Probably at least 50%? Why is that important/relevant?
Old 04-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #25260
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
One third of Sweden’s COVID-19 deaths are taking place in nursing homes.

If they could more strategically social distance this high risk group (i.e. limit outside visitors, ensure that all staff have proper protective gear, etc.), their overall death rate would be much lower.
I don't know of any nursing homes that aren't on lockdown orders and it still gets in. But the lack of PPE is probably a factor too.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.