Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #25201
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
He isnt saying shut it down either.

I like his quote about you arent stopping deaths just changing the dates. You can nitpick that a bit but in general he is correct given most places arent even close to over burdening the health care facilities.
I didn't say he was arguing to shut it down. He's arguing for a middle ground that isn't "Liberate" and isn't "hunker down and don't leave the house until we have a vaccine." That's not an especially provocative statement, nor is it an unpopular or lightly-held view. He also said that the Sweden approach was too far toward "just let everyone get it," and they have distancing measures in place currently.

I don't know of any epidemiologists or other health experts that recommend sheltering in place until a vaccine is developed and rolled out. What I have seen plenty of is people arguing to open up to an extent that would effectively wash away the sacrifice and progress of the previous six weeks.

You'd do well to actually listen to the sources that you post instead of just excerpting a single quote, and he didn't say a single thing about overburdening facilities in that interview.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #25202
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
We don't just "let people die" under any circumstances. But if we're being reasonable, we have to understand we can't save everyone. That's not even happening with the lockdown.
Add to that how there are no coronavirus vaccines to begin with....
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #25203
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I have no issues with that the problem is we need to lock up stupid people as well because if we have to rely on the average person to not put at risk people in jeopardy it usually doesn't end well.
That's a valid concern with no easy solution. And it's not even necessarily stupid people, it's also young people who have a sense of immortality and don't see this as a threat. Yesterday was a very nice day here and as I was out and about I saw numerous cars loaded up with teenagers roaming about. They don't have anything to do and they're getting restless.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #25204

Quote:
That's a valid concern with no easy solution. And it's not even necessarily stupid people, it's also young people who have a sense of immortality and don't see this as a threat. Yesterday was a very nice day here and as I was out and about I saw numerous cars loaded up with teenagers roaming about. They don't have anything to do and they're getting restless.
They also have virtually nothing to personally worry about from this virus unless they have at-risk individuals in their home.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #25205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
We shut down our district before we had 1 cases within 100km from us or any community acquired cases. we have 16 total 14 recovered , no deaths and no new cases in over 5 days, was it luck? having measures in place before infestation? we are awesome and better than everybody else? the disease is not as bad as people expected?

My vote is having measures in place early but some might disagree.
Had a lockdown been instituted in New York two weeks earlier the death rate would have been 80-90% lower, yet people are bitching about there not being enough hospitalizations and deaths in their locales.

I don't even know how this is an argument.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #25206

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
They also have virtually nothing to personally worry about from this virus unless they have at-risk individuals in their home.
I personally know of a physician that spread this to 11 other people, all of whom were high risk and none of them lived in his home.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #25207
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Exactly. And good luck trying to control them. Any parent of a teenager can tell you how that's going to go...
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #25208
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I personally know of a physician that spread this to 11 other people, all of whom were high risk and none of them lived in his home.
You understand that. I understand that. Try getting it through a teenager's thick skull.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #25209

Quote:
You understand that. I understand that. Try getting it through a teenager's thick skull.
The point is more that transmission doesn't just occur in the confines of a home. It is more likely there due to time and proximity, but it's far from the only place this virus gets spread, and that's true regardless of who the carrier is.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #25210
Supporter

So the official numbers on Worldometers for Recovered to Deaths has now crossed the 70-30 line. The numbers overall are going the right way.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #25211
The Constitutional Choo choo

Mommas alright
Daddys alright
They just seem a little wired.
Corona Corona but dont let yourself spread
The Virus
The Virus
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #25212
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Anytime you disagree with my posts I know I nailed it
I wasn't disagreeing with your post really, I think you misinterpreted the intent of his post.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #25213
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Everything or atleast damn near everything we do requires physically being there with the patient. It would take a massive under taking for that to change

“Yeah you have a cavity, here’s how you wanna hold the drill, don’t worry I’ll walk you thru it”
Going to the dentist just for an Ahh, yep, take these for a week and come back always felt like a massive waste of time though. If someone could throat a cam and email it or live cam, they could avoid driving 20 miles, sitting in a waiting room for 20 minutes, wasting his half hour, and then driving back home 20 miles. I would assume it should be cheaper as well, but I'm not sure it would.

It doesn't really seem to be much cheaper for my dad when he does his occasional Dr. consult online. Which is a serious wtf because that doctor avoids driving at least 4 hours to the satellite location, yet bills basically the same as far as I can tell. Dad still has to drive to the stylite location.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #25214
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Not saying that this is my preferred approach, but the answer to your question is that we hunker down and wait for a vaccine. If the goal is to save lives no matter the cost, that's the right decision. If your goal is to save the economy at some level but let people die, it's obviously more nuanced.

If we can just get a very good therapeutic in the interim we could all get back to our lives for the most part I believe.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #25215
I love your mom

Quote:
Inflammatory damage to the body is not always seen instantly. Who knows if covid damage done in a young person today doesn’t come back to haunt then down the road .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.