Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #2506
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Beef prices have killed me this year. I've been looking at $80+ briskets all year around KC. No thanks. I'm making stuffed shells with homemade sauce for xmas.
Me too. So now I fast on hemp milk one day a week. Just so I can have a beef fix one or two days. Other days—beans.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #2507
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Me too. So now I fast on hemp milk one day a week. Just so I can have a beef fix one or two days. Other days—beans.
Two words that have never been uttered on CP before.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #2508
Emporer of Mongo

**** yah....

I'm with you man.

People that like their prime rib well done creep me the **** out.

You could also get a choice 3 ribber probably pretty cheap $60-75. It will serve 6 easily and have more crispy/done edge ratio, more meat to fat ratio as well.

That's the route you should go if u wanna try it sometime.

Cook that shit the way YOU like haha

But I will also take turkey any day. I'm weird but I ****ing love turkey. There's no $20 turkeys here though...8-(
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #2509
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
**** yah....

I'm with you man.

People that like their prime rib well done creep me the **** out.

You could also get a choice 3 ribber probably pretty cheap $60-75. It will serve 6 easily and have more crispy/done edge ratio, more meat to fat ratio as well.

That's the route you should go if u wanna try it sometime.

Cook that shit the way YOU like haha

But I will also take turkey any day. I'm weird but I ****ing love turkey. There's no $20 turkeys here though...8-(
For even less, you could get a really thick-cut bone-in ribeye and cook it like a prime roast... prime rib for one with all the crispy tasty bits all for you.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #2510
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Two words that have never been uttered on CP before.
Hemp milk is absolutely awesome for you! I add hemp powder to it to thicken. It is loaded with Omega 3s. It tastes better than soy. I can only have milk two days a week due to sensitivity. Brings my food bill down to $3.50 for a day. Can't beat that and it's good on waistline as well.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #2511
Politically Incorrect

5 totally complete pages of posts and not a single photo??? What are you assholes doing besides jerking each other off?

Here is a fantastic dish I cooked Sunday night.

Orecchiette pasta with pan fried spicy Sausage chunks, Broccolini buds first boiled in water for 4-5 minutes, then pan sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, massive chopped garlic, pasta water, red pepper flakes, white wine, a little butter, dried oregano, dried basil, onion powder, salt n pepper then combined with everything else.

This dish could compete with Bobby Flay or Mario Battali!

It is fantastic tasting and one of the best meals I ever cooked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141222_184056.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	108808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141222_183923.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	108810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141222_183931.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	108811  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #2512
Supporter

Quote:
That sounds interesting... don't know if I've ever heard of smoked prime rib.

Absolutely.
Bobby Ds merchant street BBQ in Emporia has it on Friday evenings. It is awesome.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #2513
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I was waiting for someone else to respond since I'm not a rib roast expert.

But what you're doing sounds good. I'd probably consider the broiler instead of the oven. The Cook's Illustrated recipe I'm using has you remove the roast at 120 for rare and rest for 30 minutes (up to 75 minutes).

Then: "Adjust oven rack about 8 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Remove foil from roast, form into 3-inch ball, and place under ribs to elevate fat cap. Broil until top of roast is well browned and crisp, 2 to 8 minutes."

So that's what I'm planning to do.
Booya! Aced it.... Even if only at the end to get the color. Much like your sous vide, cooking the food and its final presentation aren't always one step.

So I totally agree with the broiler.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #2514
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Orecchiette pasta with pan fried spicy Sausage chunks, Broccolini buds
That looks great!!!

I might have to steal that...

It looks decently healthy too..maybe I would cut the pasta down and add cauliflower too or another veggie...

Right on man!

Looks amazing

I might try andoiulle
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #2515
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
The 3-rib, 6 1/2-pound roast I got last night at Publix cost me $49 and change - on sale, $7.29/pound.
**** yah!!!

thats better than I could do here I believe!!

Nice man

Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #2516
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
According to Miss Manners, soup should be first, with salad coming right before dessert.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...or-salad-meals
Not the first time I've seen that, and in 2012 a certain steakhouse in NYC did the salad that way. I didn't like it, but as was explained to me it has to do with layering food in the tummy.

Seems odd, but they seem to have some science to back it up! And they offered "Pink Stuff" for the salad (their own version) and I thought that was just funny!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #2517
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
5 totally complete pages of posts and not a single photo??? What are you assholes doing besides jerking each other off?

Here is a fantastic dish I cooked Sunday night.

Orecchiette pasta with pan fried spicy Sausage chunks, Broccolini buds first boiled in water for 4-5 minutes, then pan sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, massive chopped garlic, pasta water, red pepper flakes, white wine, a little butter, dried oregano, dried basil, onion powder, salt n pepper then combined with everything else.

This dish could compete with Bobby Flay or Mario Battali!

It is fantastic tasting and one of the best meals I ever cooked.
Very elegant looking dish and tasty looking too!

Oh, and I haven't jerked anyone off in here. No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooo!

Old 12-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #2518
In Search of a Life

It's been a great few nights for dinner:

Saturday - Early Christmas party, with multiple appetizers, a ham, a roast beef, lasagna (mediocre) and great desserts

Sunday - Braised Octopus with pearl onions and rice, followed by braised lamb shank and broccoli

Monday - One of the best damn whole roast chickens I've ever made

Tonight's going to be catch as catch can, as we're going shopping for the rest of the items we need for Christmas dinner.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #2519
Emporer of Mongo

Prime Grade prime is $16.99 a pound this season @ costco, apparently....

11.99 for choice

according to this dude:

http://www.costcoinsider.com/costco-...ib-roast-2014/

prime rib at costco can go as Low as 4 bux a pound this year, right after christmas right before expiration

so

hit costco hard after christmas and put a couple in the deep freeze!

Old 12-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #2520
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Not the first time I've seen that, and in 2012 a certain steakhouse in NYC did the salad that way. I didn't like it, but as was explained to me it has to do with layering food in the tummy.

Seems odd, but they seem to have some science to back it up! And they offered "Pink Stuff" for the salad (their own version) and I thought that was just funny!
If I recall correctly, I believe they eat the salad last in Europe too.

Closed Thread