Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #2491
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Who knows what happens with this team. So far, the Reid administration is not one for predictable roster moves. Would anyone be TRULY surprised if final cuts left the QBs as:

Smith
Mahomes
Stave

with Bray being traded or cut? I know it's nowhere near the odds-on favorite, but I didn't expect them to cut Murray so unceremoniously, either.

I didn't expect Maclin cut.

And Poe not re-signed.

I didn't expect Chris Jones to be the leader of the DL. Or Bennie Logan to be starting. Or Terrence Mitchell to be unseating Gaines.

This team is unpredictable, and I love it.
Stave has absolutely no business being on this team or any team. He is the definition of camp fodder. Bray will lucky make this team or dropped for another if Chiefs can find someone of some value to them out of the heap pile. Every team has to cut to 53 but i forget the deadline.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #2492
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Who knows what happens with this team. So far, the Reid administration is not one for predictable roster moves. Would anyone be TRULY surprised if final cuts left the QBs as:

Smith
Mahomes
Stave

with Bray being traded or cut? I know it's nowhere near the odds-on favorite, but I didn't expect them to cut Murray so unceremoniously, either.

I didn't expect Maclin cut.

And Poe not re-signed.

I didn't expect Chris Jones to be the leader of the DL. Or Bennie Logan to be starting. Or Terrence Mitchell to be unseating Gaines.

This team is unpredictable, and I love it.
Maclin deserved to be cut, so it wasn't truly a surprise, other than the timing. Poe's play has been on the decline since back surgery in 2015, so letting him walk was a no-brainer. Since they paid Bennie Logan $8 million, I expected him to start. Phillip Gaines is made of glass, so being unseated by a guy that can stay healthy isn't a surprise, either.

The biggest issue this roster has faced since Reid arrived is the QB position, especially the 3rd QB position. Daniel and Foles won games for the Chiefs, so I'm sure that whomever Reid chooses to be the #2 can come in an dink and dunk his way to a victory.

But the 3rd string developmental guy that can become a solid, long term #2 has alluded him. Murray and Hogan weren't the answer. It's hard to believe but after 4 years, no one knows if Bray is capable of leading this team to a win if the starter or backup is injured and Stave seems like a Practice Squad arm.

If they actually let Smith go before the 2018 season, the Chiefs will need not one but two QB's to back up the starter, something they haven't had much success with in the draft.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #2493
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Stave has absolutely no business being on this team or any team. He is the definition of camp fodder.
Was he awful at TC last weekend?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #2494
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Was he awful at TC last weekend?
He was bad in college.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #2495
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
If you ever doubt MVP again I will punch you in the ****ing face...
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
So are we gonna go for it on fourth down everytime since we don't have a kicker. Or is Colquitt gonna try
Doubting the MVP is like hating Jesus and loving Communism.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #2496
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
And you can't blame the losses on the team but use the line "All Smith does is win!".
I agree.

I stated we lost the Pitt game mainly because of Smith.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #2497
Mahomosapien

Quote:
4 years, not a couple, FOUR.

The dude was dumped by the ****ing Jets, man.
he appeared in 6 games last year and 13 the previous year for the saints. While with the saints he didnt get many touches because of the Logjam at RB, and the saints dont run the ball much anyway. Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

The guy has only had a little over 900 offensive touches in the NFL. to put that in perspective Jamaal Charles has had over 1600 in almost the same amount of time.

I think Spiller still has some in the tank.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #2498
LEGEND!

The Chiefs worked out Kicker Conrad Ukropina from Stanford. He set basically every single Stanford kicking record
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #2499
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
he appeared in 6 games last year and 13 the previous year for the saints. While with the saints he didnt get many touches because of the Logjam at RB, and the saints dont run the ball much anyway. Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

The guy has only had a little over 900 offensive touches in the NFL. to put that in perspective Jamaal Charles has had over 1600 in almost the same amount of time.

I think Spiller still has some in the tank.
He had 112 yards in 2015 with the Saints and 18 yards combined between the Jets and Seahawks in 2016.

He's 30 years old and hasn't had a decent season since 2013, when he rushed for 933 yards.

He was 26 years old at the time.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #2500
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
He was bad in college.
If he was "bad" in college, there's no way he'd be on the Chiefs roster.

He must have something that Reid likes or he wouldn't have been signed to the PS last year or have made the cut through OTA's and minicamps.

That said, he's far from a guaranteed roster spot and I look forward to seeing him on the field Friday night.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #2501
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
If he was "bad" in college, there's no way he'd be on the Chiefs roster.

He must have something that Reid likes or he wouldn't have been signed to the PS last year or have made the cut through OTA's and minicamps.

That said, he's far from a guaranteed roster spot and I look forward to seeing him on the field Friday night.
He's the 4th stringer man. He was bad hell Jake Heaps was awful in college and played in some pre season games. Stave sucks it's a waste of reps Mahomes should be getting.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #2502
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
He has scored several TD's so far, if he does that in games- there is no way he makes it to the practice squad.
I hope you're right. Nobody on this board would be happier if he makes the Chiefs 53 than I would
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #2503
Andy Reid Supporter

Pat makes it look so easy

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgsween/s...35128396443653

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgsween/s...32257936474115
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #2504
Sprinkle in some Mahomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Hill
Conley
Wilson
Robinson
Chesson
Thomas
I haven't heard much about conley. I'm not high on that dude.
TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #2505
Mahomosapien

Quote:
He had 112 yards in 2015 with the Saints and 18 yards combined between the Jets and Seahawks in 2016.

He's 30 years old and hasn't had a decent season since 2013, when he rushed for 933 yards.

He was 26 years old at the time.
He has been buried behind good running backs since leaving Buffalo. I already stated who he was behind in NO. In NY he was behind Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. And he was only with seattle for 2 games. The guy is not here to be the number one . He is depth, who may get on the field once in a while. I trust him to do more on the field than West.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.