Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:57 PM   #2431
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I’m going to assume you are close personal friends with Brett Veach and he has told you this is the case.

Awesome news, thank you for sharing!
I'm reasonably certain most everyone realizes this.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:58 PM   #2432
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Honey
100%

Anything else is a waste of a McNugget
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 08:50 PM   #2433
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
They were ranking the WR skill.

Obviously Mahomes is going to effect their stats.

I Googled list of QBs and Kirk Cousin came in the middle.*

If an otherwise average NFL offense had Kirk at QB and KC's WR's, and an average head coach, and average TE's, where do you think the WRs would end up production wise at the end of the season?

*A different list had Cousin at 10 so feel free to substitute Geno, Goff, or Daniel Jones.
Skill based on what, exactly? Nonsense. They're projecting based on past production. Otherwise, we have a #1 pick and two#2's, so obviously, there's talent there, it's just not established. So they're ranking based on past production. There's nothing else to go on if not in the meeting rooms and at practice every day.

I admit and have all along that it's uncomfortable having so many questions. I just think it's absolutely the right path. Just like they did with corners last year.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:51 PM   #2434
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

We should absolutely sign this guy unless we don’t
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:41 PM   #2435
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
What sauce do you use for McNuggets?

Spicy Buffalo. So I can wipe all the Buffalo off my ass later as it ends up being shit. Like the Bills.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:00 PM   #2436
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Individuals could. The whole room? I doubt it. So does the GM and the entire coaching staff, or they wouldn't have gone this way.
They went that way last year and it underperformed

It happens. Nothing is perfect
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:11 PM   #2437
MVP

I kinda thought that maybe it wouldn't be horrible if we signed him to a one year $5 mil deal, but then decided that I wouldn't really even want him for the vet minimum. We have too many young guys that I'd rather see playing instead of steroid boy.

With the trio of Mahomes, Kelce and Reid we are pretty much good for an AFCCG appearance. Adding Hopkins doesn't do anything to increase that floor, but what it could do is keep guys off the field that we need to have a good look at. Say Kelce starts to drop off this year. What I want to know is if Toney, Moore, Rice, or even James can come close to providing what Kelce gets us year after year and I want to find that out before we have to replace him. I'm sure that Reid and Veach want to know just how good the young guys are, so if God forbid Kelce takes a small step back, then they will have some kind of an idea if we need to go out and make a big move to replace his production or if we have most of it covered.

Hopkins doesn't have much left in the tank and isn't going to be able to come close to replacing Kelce's production for 1 season let alone 3-4 more seasons.

No to Hopkins from me! Even for free!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:40 PM   #2438
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Adding Hopkins doesn't do anything to increase that floor, but what it could do is keep guys off the field that we need to have a good look at.
Doesn't do anything to increase the floor? Nothing personal but your eye for WR players who can ball out at anytime with any QB is not good at all. DHop is a very very unique talent with thee best hands I have ever seen and able to contort his body for the most difficult catches made in traffic that I have ever seen including OBJ. He has plenty of gas in the tank when you look at the lack of contact these past few years playing with Crybaby Kyle who didn't know how use him. Just saying!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:50 PM   #2439
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They went that way last year and it underperformed

It happens. Nothing is perfect
The WR room underperformed last year? If that's what you are saying, then how?

The Bengals have the best group of WRs and thus is how they stacked up.

#1 Chase 1046
#2 Boyd 1049
#3 Higgins 762
#7 Irwin 231
#9 Taylor 62
#11 Thomas 38

So those are there WRs only, but in my comparison I'm going to use Kelce because he is used just like a WR and he gets by far the most balls thrown his way, so I just can't not count him

#1 Kelce 1338
#2 JJSS 933
#3 MVS 687
#5 Watson 315
#7 Hardman 297
#8 Moore 250
#9 Toney 171

We got more out of our group, then they did.

Plus we won the Super ****ing Bowl.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:10 PM   #2440
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Doesn't do anything to increase the floor? Nothing personal but your eye for WR players who can ball out at anytime with any QB is not good at all. DHop is a very very unique talent with thee best hands I have ever seen and able to contort his body for the most difficult catches made in traffic that I have ever seen including OBJ. He has plenty of gas in the tank when you look at the lack of contact these past few years playing with Crybaby Kyle who didn't know how use him. Just saying!
Wanna bet he either doesn't play more than 11 games or doesn't go over 700 yds. He's going to take that Julio Jones drop this year.
Old 06-27-2023, 12:00 AM   #2441
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Skill based on what, exactly? Nonsense. They're projecting based on past production. Otherwise, we have a #1 pick and two#2's, so obviously, there's talent there, it's just not established. So they're ranking based on past production. There's nothing else to go on if not in the meeting rooms and at practice every day.

I admit and have all along that it's uncomfortable having so many questions. I just think it's absolutely the right path. Just like they did with corners last year.
Well its past production and opinion for the future. It's the off season and its what pundits and people on Chief Planet do.

I'm not sure draft position is proof of talent or future production... Toney has health concerns and other WRs certainly have potential but certainly also remain to be proven.

But I noticed you didn't take up my challenge. So I think a lot comes down to Toney's health and I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him play more than 12 or 13 games.

But would a Geno or Goff (with Toney playing 13 games) on an average team get this WR group in the top half?

Maybe?
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:03 AM   #2442
MVP

Quote:
Well its past production and opinion for the future. It's the off season and its what pundits and people on Chief Planet do.

I'm not sure draft position is proof of talent or future production... Toney has health concerns and other WRs certainly have potential but certainly also remain to be proven.

But I noticed you didn't take up my challenge. So I think a lot comes down to Toney's health and I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him play more than 12 or 13 games.

But would a Geno or Goff (with Toney playing 13 games) on an average team get this WR group in the top half?

Maybe?
You can afford several high profile receivers or draft higher when you have a Goff or Geno. This is what our situation is and I find it really hard to believe people can't understand it. We pay Mahomes a shit ton of money, so we have to make some positions work for cheaper than we'd like. It's not rocket science, bud.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:57 AM   #2443
MVP

Chiefs have the least salary cap space of any team per source.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-27-2023, 05:53 AM   #2444
MVP

Quote:

Maybe?
I didn't take up your 'challenge' because it's the same nonsense that's ranking the WR room at #19.

I'm absolutely certain that the organization disagrees with that, and I trust Veach, Andy, and Patrick. To me, they've proven they know what they're doing.

Juju is a pro, but not special. Hardman never developed beyond a gadget player. I see zero reason why the room won't be better than last season, barring injury issues, and we're deeper if that happens.

By November, this WR group will be the talk of the league, I bet.

I'm excited to see the next stars blossom.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2023, 05:57 AM   #2445
MVP

I buy Chic-fil-a sauce in the bottle and dip my nuggets in that too.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.