Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #24391
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Well, I guess we hope that the record daily new case growth yesterday was due to increased testing. And an outlier.
That's about all we can hope for.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #24392
In Search of a Life

Some keep asking about why testing needs to ramp up.

This thing spreads mostly by asymptomatic spread. So you need to test everyone, even without symptoms, to know who's got it and who you need to isolate. If youre just testing those with symptoms, you're missing the vast majority of infections.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #24393
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
Agreed, we just have to be smart about it. There should be some answers as to how much is too much with the states relaxing restriction today. It will be 11 days when KS is expected to ease restrictions, if GA etc have a huge spike in cases by then I expect Gov Kelly to extend the current restriction longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

This thing spreads mostly by asymptomatic spread. So you need to test everyone, even without symptoms, to know who's got it and who you need to isolate. If youre just testing those with symptoms, you're missing the vast majority of infections.
Probably but how do you do that? And if I test negative today but go to the grocery store tomorrow and get it then what?

To me the only way that what you are saying really works is if you lock up everyone, test everyone, then let out only those who tested negative AFTER everyone has been tested.

Otherwise the test result you got today could very well be moot tomorrow.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #24394
Life is changing..

Quote:

Which is why they're testing this entire meat processing plant in St Joe.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #24395
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Which is why they're testing this entire meat processing plant in St Joe.
Okay and they should. But what if at the time the tests are taken someone tests negative but then gets it from somewhere else tomorrow?

I see what they are doing and agree they should. But you can't allow it to provide a false sense of security either.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #24396
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Probably but how do you do that? And if I test negative today but go to the grocery store tomorrow and get it then what?

To me the only way that what you are saying really works is if you lock up everyone, test everyone, then let out only those who tested negative AFTER everyone has been tested.

Otherwise the test result you got today could very well be moot tomorrow.
It's not a one time test. You have to keep doing it, over time, multiple times.

I don't know that it's possible, but with the number of testing we're doing right now, it's showing to not be enough as the number of infected we're finding is still fairly high.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #24397
sorta mod-ish

I'll post this in here as well

This is a long video, but everyone should watch it. Two California doctors explain their findings and extrapolate out the numbers of COVID19 using their data collected. Forgive the girl that keeps interjecting her pissed off commentary, just pay attention to what the doctors are saying because it could change everything....

FAIR WARNING - the girl commentating on the video does get a touch political with her statements from time to time, so go into it knowing that.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #24398
Mod Team

2 confirmed cases from employees on our campus yesterday. Our first ones.

It’s very real now.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #24399
Supporter

Quote:
It's not a one time test. You have to keep doing it, over time, multiple times.

I don't know that it's possible, but with the number of testing we're doing right now, it's showing to not be enough as the number of infected we're finding is still fairly high.
And that's just it. As you said probably not possible. I mean it would be nice if someway businesses could test all of their employees and what not.

The converse of that though is I think there are so many people who have this and are either not impacted or impacted mildly that if we were to measure that accurately then you would start to see this more inline with the flu.

I mean let's think about it for a second. The CDC estimates that up to 45 million people get the flu each year. If this is more contagious than the flu then I think it is safe to assume that we probably have 20 million people nationwide infected now or at some point up until now.

I understand why medical officials and professionals are hesitant to put things in that light but it is a very real possibility and I would guess with a high probability factor.

I guess my point is that we are basing everything off of what we think we know as of now which skews the numbers and pushes us down the path of fear and panic. But if you do start presenting the likely probabilities it could very easily put us on a path of insensitivity as well.

I guess what I am getting at is this is worse than the flu but very likely not as bad as we think.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #24400
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

It’s very real now.
Why now?

I keed, I keed
Old 04-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #24401
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Okay and they should. But what if at the time the tests are taken someone tests negative but then gets it from somewhere else tomorrow?

I see what they are doing and agree they should. But you can't allow it to provide a false sense of security either.
You make a very valid point.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #24402
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

This is a long video, but everyone should watch it. Two California doctors explain their findings and extrapolate out the numbers of COVID19 using their data collected. Forgive the girl that keeps interjecting her pissed off commentary, just pay attention to what the doctors are saying because it could change everything....

FAIR WARNING - the girl commentating on the video does get a touch political with her statements from time to time, so go into it knowing that.
I am gonna watch but it's almost 9 mins long. Can we get a summary?
Old 04-25-2020, 09:37 AM
TLO
This message has been deleted by TLO.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #24403
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #24404
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

It’s very real now.
We've had some scares, but everyone has tested negative thus far. It's only a matter of time I'm sure.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #24405
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Watch it, THEN react to it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.