Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #2416
Emporer of Mongo

I'm in a unique position, living near SF and being a Chiefs Fan...I've seen all the games of both teams..even.been to SF and seen Garropolo in person. I think jimmy G has that winning spirit , that he performs better than his speed, strength & metrics seem that he should perform. But, mahomes has that AND the metrics.

The Chiefs will win. I think the Chiefs have a better team all around...and the NFL these days is much more of an offensive & pass oriented league. Some degree of what happened to the titans will happen.to.SF. They will need to pass...and they wont be able to keep pace.

Kc 35 SF 21
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #2417
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I'm in a unique position, living near SF and being a Chiefs Fan...I've seen all the games of both teams..even.been to SF and seen Garropolo in person. I think jimmy G has that winning spirit , that he performs better than his speed, strength & metrics seem that he should perform. But, mahomes has that AND the metrics.

The Chiefs will win. I think the Chiefs have a better team all around...and the NFL these days is much more of an offensive & pass oriented league. Some degree of what happened to the titans will happen.to.SF. They will need to pass...and they wont be able to keep pace.

Kc 35 SF 21
What's your thoughts on their running game.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #2418
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

My favorite comment has to be the claim that Mahomes is going to be rattled in this game.

I mean, for ****’s sake.

Yes, the 49ers have a DL/pass rush that could potentially give KC some trouble with pressure and force the ball out quickly. That’s 1/2 the formula teams that have slowed the Chiefs have used.

But the other half of that formula is playing right man coverage to prevent Mahomes from getting the ball out quickly. The 49ers don’t have the CB to do that.

Quick pressure with zone coverage behind it won’t work. Reid is too good, Mahomes is too decisive.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:52 AM   #2419
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
My favorite comment has to be the claim that Mahomes is going to be rattled in this game.

I mean, for ****’s sake.

Yes, the 49ers have a DL/pass rush that could potentially give KC some trouble with pressure and force the ball out quickly. That’s 1/2 the formula teams that have slowed the Chiefs have used.

But the other half of that formula is playing right man coverage to prevent Mahomes from getting the ball out quickly. The 49ers don’t have the CB to do that.

Quick pressure with zone coverage behind it won’t work. Reid is too good, Mahomes is too decisive.
It MIGHT work, but Saleh has to call the game of his life.

They can make it work if they are disguising their LBs drop-backs and assignments. If those guys fake pressure and then bail and Mahomes doesn't have time to diagnose them and react, it could create a turnover or two. We saw BB do that on occasion when he kinda hid a cover 0 look and then bailed his LBs.

But the timing will have to be perfect. They can't do it every snap because Mahomes will get used to it. And they can't do it on snaps where they don't get pressure because Mahomes will pick it apart. But if they do it AND the front 4 gets pressure, it could create perfect storm and yield a crucial turnover or two.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #2420
MVP

OMG.OMG.

I was bored with the trolls, so bored I actually popped over to D.C.

HOLY SHIT.

I must never do that again.

THE HORROR. THE HORROR
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #2421
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
What's your thoughts on their running game.
I am not sure but Tevin Coleman is out right? Theres pretty much no way hell be ready in 2 weeks I would think... That seems to make our job a bit easier.

I know its apples and oranges with Mostert being a speed guy and henry being a power guy...but essentially I see similar problems in the big picture...3rd and long...you gotta pass.

I dont see the Niners plan working be cause I dont think their D will slow the chiefs offense enough. They're not going to be able to Throw 9 passes and cruise control with just mostert. If they are going to win , Jimmy G is going to have to throw.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #2422
Veteran

The best player in the Niner secondary is Richard Sherman. Dude is not quick. He's just smart and knows the scheme. He's a zone defender that does not shadow the opponent's best receiver because he doesn't have the burst or fluidity to match-up like that. Basically the opposite of all of the guys in the Patriots secondary. He matches up terribly with the Chiefs and our receivers. They're going to run right by him, and Mahomes doesn't miss soft spots in zone defenses.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #2423
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

I mean, for ****’s sake.

Payton and Brees didn't seem to have too much trouble. I didn't see the game, so can't comment on the Saints game-plan, but the 49ers sure didn't slow the Saints down.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #2424
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I am not sure but Tevin Coleman is out right? Theres pretty much no way hell be ready in 2 weeks I would think... That seems to make our job a bit easier.

I know its apples and oranges with Mostert being a speed guy and henry being a power guy...but essentially I see similar problems in the big picture...3rd and long...you gotta pass.

I dont see the Niners plan working be cause I dont think their D will slow the chiefs offense enough. They're not going to be able to Throw 9 passes and cruise control with just mostert. If they are going to win , Jimmy G is going to have to throw.
For some reason they seem sure that Coleman will be able to play. I haven't heard that he is actually out. I can't imagine he'll feel near 100%.

Did you see that Jimmy fumbled TEN (10) times this year. My god that's a lot. Along with his 13 picks that's a lot of turnovers. Hopefully we can get some of those and get them near the endzone.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #2425
Hello

I'm going to watch this shortly. Sure doesn't seem like a #1 defense to allow soooo many points.

Also, funny side story. I was walking by someone on the sidewalk today (we know each other) and he says "Go Chiefs!" loudly enough that it makes me jump and I respond with "me too!"

I facepalmed as i walked away realizing what i had said.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #2426
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It MIGHT work, but Saleh has to call the game of his life.

They can make it work if they are disguising their LBs drop-backs and assignments. If those guys fake pressure and then bail and Mahomes doesn't have time to diagnose them and react, it could create a turnover or two. We saw BB do that on occasion when he kinda hid a cover 0 look and then bailed his LBs.

But the timing will have to be perfect. They can't do it every snap because Mahomes will get used to it. And they can't do it on snaps where they don't get pressure because Mahomes will pick it apart. But if they do it AND the front 4 gets pressure, it could create perfect storm and yield a crucial turnover or two.
Go watch out match up with them last year. That was one of the biggest depantsing I’ve seen Andy do to a DC in his time here.

It wasn’t very much of Pat being Pat. There were a lot of screens, delays, blocking schemes etc. Andy literally did whatever he wanted to Robert Saleh’s defense and very rarely was Saleh’s defense ready for it.

The talent we have alone is overwhelming for defenses, but I think Andy’s play designs will make it damn near impossible to stop.

And I get it. They didn’t have Bosa or Ford last year, but that’s not the point. Andy just obliterated Saleh and I can’t see that changing with Andy have 2 weeks to prepare.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #2427
Supporter

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the scooby doo mystery running back the Chiefs are supposed to fear?

The 49ers run game is pretty good as a scheme, but it's not like they have a Dalvin Cook(who the Chiefs handled) or a Kamara/Barkley/CMC.
The Chiefs are in a similar predicament, the running game is essentially as good as it has to be to support the offense. Any given Sunday this season has been Williams or Williams or McCoy. None are great, but all have had a good day, catch the ball well enough out of the backfield to keep the defense honest and pass block.

Meck was right in his template smack, but it's a broken record from opposing fans. Go ahead and run for 150 yards and complete 8 passes against the Chiefs. Mahomes will throw for 375 and 4TDs while you're doing that.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #2428
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the scooby doo mystery running back the Chiefs are supposed to fear?

The 49ers run game is pretty good as a scheme, but it's not like they have a Dalvin Cook(who the Chiefs handled) or a Kamara/Barkley/CMC.

Meck was right in his template smack, but it's a broken record from opposing fans. Go ahead and run for 150 yards and complete 8 passes against the Chiefs. Mahomes will throw for 375 and 4TDs while you're doing that.
This is where I'm at. Breida was good against us last year though and put up some good yards. I think he's a very under rated running back. I think he's a free agent and he'll be a steal for whoever gets him.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #2429
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
For some reason they seem sure that Coleman will be able to play. I haven't heard that he is actually out. I can't imagine he'll feel near 100%.
I need to google that shit but if the shoulder is dislocated it's usually 4-6 weeks I believe. Breida is a solid backup...and has some good games here and there but touched the ball like ONE time even with Coleman getting hurt...so I'd be surprised if Breida has much of an impact.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #2430
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
Going on a 51-7 run in 3 qtrs isn't playing lights out?
And what happened in the 2 quarters after that? In fact the very first drive of the next game???

They haven't put together a whole game or even a whole first half that reasonably qualifies as lights out.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.