Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #2416
Stay positive, don't give up

https://x.com/anne__rogers/status/18...g7AIbS06Q&s=19

I think Hunter Harvey is a lemon.

RHP*Hunter Harvey*(mid-back tightness)
Expected return:*September
Harvey has been on the 15-day IL since Aug. 10, retroactive to Aug. 7, after he felt something pull in his back during his normal pregame routine earlier that week. He suffered a setback in his rehab program on Aug. 20 when he had to receive a cortisone injection because his back wasn't loosening up as much as he or the Royals would have liked to see at that point.

Harvey threw a bullpen on Sept. 1 and "did not bounce back well" from it the next day, manager Matt Quatraro said, with symptoms returning following the bullpen. Harvey did not throw on Sept. 3 or 4. It's become a day-to-day situation as he and the Royals see how he feels and determine what the next steps will be.*(Last updated: Sept. 4)
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #2417
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
What would you think of putting together a package for Roman Anthony? I have just read a little about him, but he seems like he would be one of few options that could be the leadoff guy we need desperately in front of BWJ for the next six years? These leadoff lefties seem hard to find
I don't think the Royals have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

He's a consensus top 50 prospect. What is KC sending Boston that they need and want?

A year of Brady Singer isn't going to do it. You'd probably have to offer Cole Ragans. That's about the only thing I could see enticing them to move Anthony, and even then I'm not sure it is enough.

Last edited by duncan_idaho; Today at 11:16 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #2418
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #2419
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don't think the Chiefs have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

He's a consensus top 50 prospect. What is KC sending Boston that they need and want?

A year of Brady Singer isn't going to do it. You'd probably have to offer Cole Ragans. That's about the only thing I could see enticing them to move Anthony, and even then I'm not sure it is enough.
The Red Sox might want Mahomes, he is about the only baseball player on the Chiefs
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #2420
MVP

Quote:
I don't think the Royals have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

I was actually thinking Lugo could be the headliner. Beyond that, I have no idea what it would take. I just think there is a lot of extra value in his contract that the royals should cash in on and take a similar swing next year.

Getting a left handed guy who gets on base a lot ahead of BWJ was my whole premise. Seems like the most straightforward path to producing runs to me.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #2421
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:

Do the Royals try to trade singer this off season or listen? I would've definitely thought so prior to thos season.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #2422
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I was actually thinking Lugo could be the headliner. Beyond that, I have no idea what it would take. I just think there is a lot of extra value in his contract that the royals should cash in on and take a similar swing next year.

Getting a left handed guy who gets on base a lot ahead of BWJ was my whole premise. Seems like the most straightforward path to producing runs to me.
Lugo has some trade value, sure, but not anywhere close to enough to swing a top 50 consensus prospect like Anthony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Do the Royals try to trade singer this off season or listen? I would've definitely thought so prior to thos season.
I think it's hard to find a deal that's enough of an overpay to take that risk. Singer has two excellent pitches and has been held back by refusal/inability to develop a reliable third pitch to help against opposite-handed hitters.

Trading a guy like that is always tough. Getting enough that you don't feel stupid for moving on if he finally unlocks that next level you could not is a tough task... and the type of thing that puts GMs on hot seats.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.