Old 02-27-2024, 08:57 AM  
MVP

***2024 NFL Free Agency***

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:54 PM   #2401
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
And I'm saying you don't have to spend a R1 pick to do it.
And I agree with you there.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:54 PM   #2402
MVP

Quote:
Right?

We've proven it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm all for fast guys, speed kills in this league.

But taking guys simply because they are fast is a recipe for disaster.
Your argument against the burner role is my argument for Hollywood Brown. He plays the intermediate and was very productive in the screen game.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:55 PM   #2403
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
My offseason dream has been Brown and McConkey, fwiw. I’ve loved the thought of that pairing with Mahomes, Rice, and Kelce.
I'm fine with bringing Hardman/Watson back and Drafting McConkey. I absolutely love what he would bring to the team.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:56 PM   #2404
MVP

ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:58 PM   #2405
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Right?

We've proven it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm all for fast guys, speed kills in this league.

But taking guys simply because they are fast is a recipe for disaster.
I think there are diminishing returns.

You need one. Even if its a fast guy who's just fast, you have to have a guy on the roster who's a threat to run a vert and cause havoc. It's just something opposing DCs will have to keep in mind.

And in my perfect world we have 2 of them to run 11 personnel and really get into those deep outs and crossers that hurt the Cover 2. But as you've noted, that's not the ONLY way to do it (just the way I prefer).

Do you need 2 fast guys to score points and win football games? Nah. But I do think you need 1.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:59 PM   #2406
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The fascination isn't with replacing Tyreek. It's just with making sure there is credible deep speed to punish teams if they start coming up to compress the short and intermediate routes and strangle YAC.

The Raiders' gameplan was successful on Christmas Day for a variety of factors, but a key one was showing no respect for the deep ball in their gameplan... and then not being punished for that.

The offense worked better in the playoffs because they were able to hit Valdes-Scantling on shots when teams didn't respect KC deep.

He's gone, and no one on the current roster really fills that role. I'm good with bringing Hardman back but don't love relying on him in that role.

Get a more dangerous and respected deep threat than Valdes-Scantling was in 2023 (even 2022 Valdes-Scantling was respected, which is a key for why the offense was able to be so efficient and consistent) and the space underneath for Rice and Kelce will be much greater.

And it doesn't have to be a small fast guy like Marquise Brown or Xavier Worthy or Roman Wilson. It can be a bigger fast guy like Xaiver Legette or Troy Franklin.

Even a pairing like Samuel and Legette is an upgrade from Toney/Hardman and Valdes-Scantling
(and potentially a major one, depending on how Legette hits). Get better/more dangerous at the Z spot. Get better/more dangerous at the outside/deep threat spot.

Profit.
Then we're in 100% agreement.

I don't want to chase speed just for the sake of chasing speed. Give me a well rounded guy that can run, not a one trick pony deep threat.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:00 PM   #2407
Starter

Still plenty cheaper deep threat options out there

Quez Watkins, Parris Campbell, DJ Chark

let these other teams keep trying to assemble Pro Bowl rosters....it rarely works out
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:02 PM   #2408
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think there are diminishing returns.

You need one. Even if its a fast guy who's just fast, you have to have a guy on the roster who's a threat to run a vert and cause havoc. It's just something opposing DCs will have to keep in mind.

And in my perfect world we have 2 of them to run 11 personnel and really get into those deep outs and crossers that hurt the Cover 2. But as you've noted, that's not the ONLY way to do it (just the way I prefer).

Do you need 2 fast guys to score points and win football games? Nah. But I do think you need 1.
No doubt. But spending a R1 on it?

Nah. Unless the guy is a all around solid WR *and* can run like a deer.

But miss me with these 5 foot nothing Hollywood Brown types.

That's why I love the Rice pick - has size, speed and is versatile AF. Not just a one trick pony.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:03 PM   #2409
MVP

The guy that would have been perfect in this role and cheap?

Rasheed Shaheed. Shame he was a RFA.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:07 PM   #2410
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
No doubt. But spending a R1 on it?

Nah. Unless the guy is a all around solid WR *and* can run like a deer.

But miss me with these 5 foot nothing Hollywood Brown types.

That's why I love the Rice pick - has size, speed and is versatile AF. Not just a one trick pony.
I feel the same way. Just not into Xavier Worthy in rd 1 for all the reasons you outlined
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #2411
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
He's gonna be looking for a while....
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:13 PM   #2412
In Search of a Life

2 things that will surely happen…

1) Sneed will play in KC next year
2) We will be drafting a wide receiver (no splash WR signings)
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:14 PM   #2413
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
2 things that will surely happen…

1) Sneed will play in KC next year
2) We will be drafting a wide receiver (no splash WR signings)
I wouldn’t be so surely, Shirley
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:14 PM   #2414
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
What is their cap situation they seem to just anybody and everyone, Simmons won’t be that cheap even in this safety market.
There's no such thing as a cap for the Eagles. They sign whoever they want.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:17 PM   #2415

Holy shit

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.