Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:13 PM   #2401
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Looks like it's Dairon Blanco time. I was wondering when they'd call him up he's been doing well in AAA.
He's like a poor mans Jarrod Dyson.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:22 PM   #2402
MVP

Should have called up Samad Taylor. Blanco is ****ing 30 years old and has no future here.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:29 PM   #2403
Hockey Town

I don't really understand why they are avoiding calling up Taylor at this point.

They are going to have to take some hard looks at guys they thought were part of the future and decide if they should move them if they get good offers.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:31 PM   #2404
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I don't really understand why they are avoiding calling up Taylor at this point.

They are going to have to take some hard looks at guys they thought were part of the future and decide if they should move them if they get good offers.
Yep, Taylor is pretty much just as good as swiping bags and is only 24. I guess it's because they don't have a place to play him ATM. He should have been up instead of Jackie Bradley Jr. when Waters was out.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #2405
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Yep, Taylor is pretty much just as good as swiping bags and is only 24. I guess it's because they don't have a place to play him ATM.
A team that is running Oliveras in the OF nearly everyday can't make that argument...
Old 06-12-2023, 01:40 PM   #2406
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Sherman clearly thought Dayton was the problem and he clearly knew the dynamics of the relationship. You can't blame a guy that's been in charge for 6 months for any regression or minor league development. That's just stupid as shit. You're clearly looking for reasons to place blame on JJ, but like I keep saying, half a year isn't enough time to judge anything at all.
Here is the problem is that they same guys that have been in charge of the draft for well over a decade and will make these picks and screw them up. The only way it was going to work is if the entire FO was fired as well. They didn't get it and they will end up picking the shit SS from Grand Canyon that cannot hit.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:10 PM   #2407
The Insider

Quote:
Should have called up Samad Taylor. Blanco is ****ing 30 years old and has no future here.
Quote:

Blanco can sit the bench and be a pinch runner/extra outfielder without sacrificing anything. Let Taylor keep getting everyday playing time and bats in Omaha and force his way into the Majors.

Olivares sucks ass in the outfield but I think you got to play it out now this year until he proves he just can't do it. It sucks because his bat will show up and you go **** we got it use it and then he does stupid shit in the outfield that costs you.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:12 PM   #2408
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I mean they shouldn't be "this" bad they do a ton of boneheaded things that don't make any sense but no matter what changes today they're gonna be pretty bad.

I think it's a bigger indictment of all of the fails they are experiencing with guys recently drafted.

Do they need a housecleaning? Yes
Do they need to start over? Yes
Should that involve maybe trading some guys people don't think are tradeable? yes

I don't personally think ownership has the stomach to literally tear it all down personally.
I've said this in the past but I think it's just 100% true - your pitching will determine your floor and your offense your ceiling.

Hit all you want but if you can't pitch, your floor is still in the cellar somewhere. And the Royals just can't pitch. So they've seen a little bit of progress among their position players but it doesn't matter because the pitching simply can't support anything.

And sooner or later the hitters/fielders start pressing and that falls apart as well.

You've gotta have a decent foundation of a starting staff. You look at the Guardians - those guys are a DISASTER on offense. And they don't field terribly well either. But I think they're gonna have a far easier path to relevance because they have a ton of pitching. They have guys like Gavin Williams who simply don't have a spot in the majors and Gavin Williams would be the Royals best pitching prospect since...shit - Greinke?

The problem for KC is that pitching is expensive to acquire, extremely difficult to develop and fragile as all get out. All you can do is throw insane numbers at it and hope you get a 25% hit rate and then 1/2 of those guys manage to stay healthy. So 1 of every 8 guys who look pretty good in AA may actually pan out into something meaningful long-term.

Y'all have...uh...40 of those guys? 32? Do you even have eight?

It looks like tough sledding for quite awhile in KC...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #2409
Hockey Town

Oliveras is basically a 4th/5th OFer that platoons on a good team, he kills left handed pitching, on a team like the Royals his value is lost.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #2410
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've said this in the past but I think it's just 100% true - your pitching will determine your floor and your offense your ceiling.

Hit all you want but if you can't pitch, your floor is still in the cellar somewhere. And the Royals just can't pitch. So they've seen a little bit of progress among their position players but it doesn't matter because the pitching simply can't support anything.

And sooner or later the hitters/fielders start pressing and that falls apart as well.

You've gotta have a decent foundation of a starting staff. You look at the Guardians - those guys are a DISASTER on offense. And they don't field terribly well either. But I think they're gonna have a far easier path to relevance because they have a ton of pitching. They have guys like Gavin Williams who simply don't have a spot in the majors and Gavin Williams would be the Royals best pitching prospect since...shit - Greinke?

The problem for KC is that pitching is expensive to acquire, extremely difficult to develop and fragile as all get out. All you can do is throw insane numbers at it and hope you get a 25% hit rate and then 1/2 of those guys manage to stay healthy. So 1 of every 8 guys who look pretty good in AA may actually pan out into something meaningful long-term.

Y'all have...uh...40 of those guys? 32? Do you even have eight?

It looks like tough sledding for quite awhile in KC...
They have been so terrible at developing anything and the pitching is even worse...

You go top 5 pick on Asa Lacy and he's just a bag of shit and that list goes on and on and on.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:15 PM   #2411

Quote:
Oliveras is basically a 4th/5th OFer that platoons on a good team, he kills left handed pitching, on a team like the Royals his value is lost.
Edward Olivares?

Is there something I'm missing about the guy who has a sub .700 OPS for his career against lefties?

Because I think he might just be shitty.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:16 PM   #2412
Hockey Town

Quote:
Edward Olivares?

Is there something I'm missing about the guy who has a sub .700 OPS for his career against lefties?

Maybe he is just shitty, the entire team is shitty and so is the farm system.

You could literally build a better team throwing ****in darts.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:21 PM   #2413
The Insider

Quote:
Edward Olivares?

He is just a polarizing player. One minute he will hit a monster home run that knocks out the windows in the Hall of Fame. Next play he will field a routine flyball and boot it into an error. I still think he might get DFA at some point this season.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:22 PM   #2414

Quote:
They have been so terrible at developing anything and the pitching is even worse...

You go top 5 pick on Asa Lacy and he's just a bag of shit and that list goes on and on and on.
I'm being a little dramatic - I'd say half of your good prospects develop into genuine big leaguers and about half of those stay healthy enough to hit their ceiling.

So you're talking about 1 in 4 rather than 1 in 8.

But man, from Lacy, Singer, Kowar and Bubic you've GOTTA get at least a playoff caliber starter in there somewhere. A #2 at worst. You can't get a scenario where the best of that lot might be a little better than someone like Keller who who guys got as an organizational cast-off.

But it's just hard to know where to even begin. I'd say everyone in baseball should just be stealing talent from the Dodgers and Rays when it comes to organization building and then the Indians and Marlins when it comes to pitcher development.

Go poach some guys. Oh sure, there are gonna be coattail riding Pioli-like bitches in there, but that's the nice thing about a staff in baseball - there's a TON of collective wisdom. Steal lots of guys - some of them will be worth a shit.

And from an ROI standpoint, it's a HELL of a lot cheaper than torching draft and/or FA capital.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:27 PM   #2415
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
He is just a polarizing player. One minute he will hit a monster home run that knocks out the windows in the Hall of Fame. Next play he will field a routine flyball and boot it into an error. I still think he might get DFA at some point this season.
I don't think he gives you enough of the monster home run part to even earn a polarizing label. I think he is a player who sucks that happens to run into one every so often.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.