Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2021, 02:10 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs sign C Austin Blythe

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:32 PM   #226
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
In that presser he looked more like a TE than a G. He looked much smaller than he did and that's not uncommon for retired lineman. Many of these guys have to try to keep that extra 30-40 lbs of weight on.

It just doesn't look like he kept up that eating/exercise routine like Dr. Tardif did...
Let me work with him. I can show him how to put on 30-40 lbs.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #227
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
We have 3 guys that can adequately play RG. How much more “confidence” do you need? And your last sentence just proves my point. This isn’t about Blythe who was obviously signed to play C. It’s about Long and another chance to bitch about him.
No, it's that Blythe has played RG before and is a great bargain so we can still afford to get Reiter back or get a rookie to start.

And you disagree counting on a player who last started more than 10 games in 2015 is not a safe bet to make? Interesting.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #228
Mindful Taoist German

And for the record I'm fine with Blythe as C for now. He's a passable starter if you have good talent around him and it looks like we now do.

I also really like the options we have along the line and how many guys can play multiple positions. We should have given this attention to the line 2 years ago...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:36 PM   #229
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
No, it's that Blythe has played RG before and is a great bargain so we can still afford to get Reiter back or get a rookie to start.

And you disagree counting on a player who last started more than 10 games in 2015 is not a safe bet to make? Interesting.
1. They already have 3 RG’s on the ****ing roster. They didn’t just sign a 4th. Hell, even Allegretti could play RG.

2. We’re not “counting” on him. We have depth.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #230
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Long is a pro bowler when healthy. He took a year off to train and get his body right.

It's merely a question of whether or not it worked.

If he's healthy, he's the best player on the line not named Thuney, regardless of position.
I have the same train of thought you had to Long prior to us signing him which is
Quote:
He retired in January of 2020 (almost a year-and-a-half ago) after only playing only 30 games since the middle of the 2016 season.

He's had injuries and/or surgeries to his:

Neck
Shoulder and elbow
Hip, ankle, and foot

NO ****ing way should they even look at this guy.

Its going to be a legitimate miracle if he not only plays more than 10 games this year but is good.

Players that have been bad and injured since 2015 do not magically become healthy and good again.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #231
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
1. They already have 3 RG’s on the ****ing roster. They didn’t just sign a 4th. Hell, even Allegretti could play RG.

2. We’re not “counting” on him. We have depth.
Do you think Blythe is a better RG than the RGs we have right now? Me too. So why not put him there and get Reiter back at center? That duo seems a lot better than Blythe + Long for 4-6 games and then Blythe + LDT for the rest of the season.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:43 PM   #232
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
I have the same train of thought you had to Long prior to us signing him which is

Its going to be a legitimate miracle if he not only plays more than 10 games this year but is good.

Players that have been bad and injured since 2015 do not magically become healthy and good again.
I think if he's able to provide depth and be a solid starter for 6 games should an injury happen that's about the best we can expect. He was never a healthy guy.

He's not the answer to anything but he should be able to prevent disaster should he be asked to start for a month or so...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:43 PM   #233
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Do you think Blythe is a better RG than the RGs we have right now? Me too. So why not put him there and get Reiter back at center? That duo seems a lot better than Blythe + Long for 4-6 games and then Blythe + LDT for the rest of the season.
It’s irrelevant because they clearly didn’t ****ing sign him to play RG. Good grief, are you ****ing reeruned?

Reiter is just not a good enough run blocker. They clearly want more balance there at C.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:46 PM   #234
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
It’s irrelevant because they clearly didn’t ****ing sign him to play RG. Good grief, are you ****ing reeruned?

Reiter is just not a good enough run blocker. They clearly want more balance there at C.
Just talking football Kyle. No need for you to get so angry and punch holes in your wall buddy.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:48 PM   #235
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
My train of thought was that they shouldn't sign him at all. They did, so it's time to shift focus into how it might benefit the team. There's absolutely no reason to sit around and bitch about something I have no control over.

Quote:

All true, which is why I hope for the best. The upside is he's a better player than just about anybody else on the line, when healthy. The downside, at worst, is that he gets injured again and he's gone, which won't cost the Chiefs much of anything at all.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:49 PM   #236
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I don't think Reiter at C is clear cut better than LDT at RG.

Sorry.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:50 PM   #237
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Just talking football Kyle. No need for you to get so angry and punch holes in your wall buddy.
You’re not just talking football.

You’re ignoring the obvious to push your bullshit.

Blythe was clearly signed to play C. Questioning that is ignoring the fact that the Chiefs signed Long, have LDT, and tendered Wylie. They’re done at RG. It’s couldn’t be more obvious.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:51 PM   #238
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
You’re not just talking football.

You’re ignoring the obvious to push your bullshit.
So don't respond to me. It's kinda simple.

But yeah I think Blythe at RG and Reiter at C would be an upgrade over the other possibilities.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:52 PM   #239
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So don't respond to me. It's kinda simple.

But yeah I think Blythe at RG and Reiter at C would be an upgrade over the other possibilities.
Because you’re an idiot that doesn’t understand that Reiter’s run blocking was a huge issue and they’re clearly over it.

How is a known contrarian going to tell people they shouldn’t respond if they disagree?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:53 PM   #240
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
I don't think Reiter at C is clear cut better than LDT at RG.

Sorry.
LDT was an average guard when he played and he then took a year off where he spent virtually no time doing football related shit. I don't see how Blythe + him is better than Reiter and Blythe together.