Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:13 AM   #23971
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Yes I've read that.

5 people out of how many?
There are many complications to Viruses like these that would be considered rare but could happen with stuff like the Flu as well, my wife has patients who have developed seizure disorders from the flu and there are rare example of encephalitis that can happen with the flu also being seen with COVID.

Stroke is a risk of Influenza so I would assume it is a risk of COVID.

This also emphasizes the flu is no joke =COVID less of a joke.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #23972
I love your mom

one article in found on stroke and influenza that explains some of the reasons there may be more out there .

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...artery-tears#1

in short these Viruses can wreak havoc on your body making anything possible, depending on your risk factors/health. The only thing we know at this point is it doesn't give orgasms.

Last edited by Monticore; 04-23-2020 at 09:24 AM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #23973
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Based on what?
Anything, including your doomsday opinions, are speculation at this point. We have never shut the world down before, but we have also never been readily connected on a global level.

Now go get ready to tell us how the Chiefs 1st round pick tonight wiill never see the field because the NFL is done for good or something.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #23974
Diablo Negro

This might explain part of the problem in NY.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/cuomo-...ragic-goodwin/

What an amazingly stupid policy.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #23975
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
This might explain part of the problem in NY.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/cuomo-...ragic-goodwin/

What an amazingly stupid policy.
That's happening here in MO as well. One of my employees has an family member that works overseeing homes in the area. They get patients sent to them from hospitals that end up having the virus. Supposedly they were tested at the hospital but the results from it didn't come until later? I'm not sure.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #23976
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That's happening here in MO as well. One of my employees has an family member that works overseeing homes in the area. They get patients sent to them from hospitals that end up having the virus. Supposedly they were tested at the hospital but the results from it didn't come until later? I'm not sure.
That's just insane, the one place you would want to be sure to protect I would think, are nursing homes.

There aren't many people in most of the hospitals leave them there to recover.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #23977
I love your mom

Quote:
That's just insane, the one place you would want to be sure to protect I would think, are nursing homes.

Most patients well enough to leave the Hospital are sent home , in this case their homes are nursing homes but I agree unless you need the bed keeping them in Hospital would be ideal but I am not sure how your system works in regards to insurance being a factor etc..

I am not sure what our policies up here are like but our positive inpatient could have gone home last week but he is being kept here because mentally he would not be able to self isolate and would be a risk to the community. Might have been a Doctors call but our hospital makes more money when the beds are empty.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #23978
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I believe it has to do with insurance issues but she didn't really say what the reason was.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #23979
In Search of a Life

There's also a fairly substantial risk of nosocomial infections happening from the hospital, ideally, you get out of there as fast as you can.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #23980
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
There are many complications to Viruses like these that would be considered rare but could happen with stuff like the Flu as well, my wife has patients who have developed seizure disorders from the flu and there are rare example of encephalitis that can happen with the flu also being seen with COVID.

Stroke is a risk of Influenza so I would assume it is a risk of COVID.

This also emphasizes the flu is no joke =COVID less of a joke.
Thanks for cleaning up poor reporting. Journalists do this all the time, which just further scares people. Another one listed earlier was that COVID-19 can also cause permanent damage to the lungs, but pneumonia can as well. Correct? They do this all the time.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #23981
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
I believe it has to do with insurance issues but she didn't really say what the reason was.
It's a pretty standard practice we did in multidisciplinary rounds. Before we'd see patients, MDs would talk to PT, OT, and social work. Social workers would arrange placement in a skilled nursing facility pending insurance, and once it went through they'd transfer them.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #23982
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
Thanks for cleaning up poor reporting. Journalists do this all the time, which just further scares people. Another one listed earlier was that COVID-19 can also cause permanent damage to the lungs, but pneumonia can as well. Correct? They do this all the time.
Yeah unfortunately getting clicks trumps transparency sometimes.

Yes you can get permanent lung damage from influenza whether COVID has a similar or increased or decreased risk I don't think they know again preexisting conditions/genetics etc.. all play a part .
Old 04-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #23983
I love your mom

Quote:
There's also a fairly substantial risk of nosocomial infections happening from the hospital, ideally, you get out of there as fast as you can.
Also this , last thing a COVID patient needs is catching something else.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #23984
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
Most people like having their answers in black or white , the medical world doesn't work like that unfortunately .
Old 04-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #23985
It was not a fair catch

Looks like Minnesota will be out of school/distance learning the rest of the year.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.