Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #23311
Hockey Town

I wouldn't hold up the state of Florida in any circumstance.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #23312
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I don't know who here is spinning anything. You're creating a problem that doesn't exist. Most people think the curve is being flattened and it has been going in the right direction. The only question I generally see people raising is whether it's a good idea to open things up, or wait a few weeks for things to go down at a more significant level before pulling the trigger.
For every extra day you dey opening things up you decrease a the chances of a relapse but cause more damage to the economy it is a horrible spot to be in.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #23313

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
The reopening has begun here. I got this email from a local popcicle store:
I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a popcicle store. Congrats on being on their email list.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #23314
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm sure we're the weird ones, but out here the issue isn't being outside in general - it's that no one has anywhere else to go, so parks and trails are actually overcrowding. They've had to shut some areas down just because people overflow the parking lots and start parking illegally, causing traffic issues.

In general, though, I agree that being outside around people is probably a pretty low risk activity.
That's exactly what happened in Los Angeles. The Mayor shut down the city, which led to the parks, beaches and trails being overwhelmed with people who no longer had to go to work and needed something to do.

That lasted a total of 3 days and it's all been shut down since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
That's one I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around...how much community transfer could possibly be going on in them?
Under "Normal Circumstances", I don't believe it would be an issue at all. There are a great number of people who hit Runyon Canyon, Beachwood, Griffith and other trails on a daily basis but since it's generally spread out throughout the day, there isn't a whole lot of contact. I'm normally at Lake Hollywood 5 days a week and I see the same people at the same time of the day, which is generally less than 4 or 5 on a 3.7 mile "trail".

But once the lockdowns happened, there was no parking at Lake Hollywood, nor parking on Weidlake Drive, which is the southern entrance, none on Lake Hollywood Drive, which is the Northwestern entrance, so my street and the streets below mine where absolutely packed with cars and people.

The number of people was mindblowing. You'd think they were on their way to Coachella, not a trail, so it was all shut down.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #23315
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I wouldn't hold up the state of Florida in any circumstance.
Dr. Birx yesterday said that Florida is the gold standard in terms of how they are reporting data by zip code/county, which is updated daily on the state’s department of health website.

If you look at the data you’ll see that the # of cases and hospitalizations has leveled off and even in the epicenter of the pandemic in the state... Miami Dade-County... there is still plenty of hospital capacity available.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #23316
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a popcicle store. Congrats on being on their email list.

The email list happens automatically when they use square to check out
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #23317
MVP

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #23318

Missouri is now suing China. Good luck with that.

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #23319
Life is changing..

Quote:

I'm sure there's a lot more states about to pull the trigger on this type of thing. Who knows what good it'll actually do.

No good is my guess.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #23320
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Seems like a waste of energy to me. I can buy the U.S. teaming up with other countries to go after them somehow, but I'm not sure that China's gonna show up for a trial in the Eastern District of Missouri.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #23321
Cheat Death

Meanwhile IL is chartering planes to China for PPE supplies
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #23322
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
For every extra day you dey opening things up you decrease a the chances of a relapse but cause more damage to the economy it is a horrible spot to be in.
It's like fighting a war on 2 fronts. You cant divulge all your resources to one front or your ****ed and a lot of people dont get that.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #23323
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Will be interesting to see the New York data on it. Would have been too good to be true if it actually worked. A cheap drug that we already had stockpiled.

I wish some sort of treatment could be discovered sooner, but looks like we're still a long ways out from that.

Sure remdesivir shows promise, but even if it's proven to be effective, we don't have anywhere near the supply of it to roll it out for regular usage.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #23324
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Today I filed suit against the Chinese government to seek recovery for the devastating loss of life & economic suffering Missourians face as a result of the #COVID19 pandemic.

The bottom line: they lied to the world & should be held accountable. https://t.co/Q2JgnAHLCH
— Eric Schmitt (@Eric_Schmitt) April 21, 2020

Yes, China will be forced to pay you by the authority of _____?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #23325
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Meanwhile IL is chartering planes to China for PPE supplies
Good luck with the PPE being of any decent quality.