Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

***The Official EMAW Repository thread***

I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #2281
Perpetual Mediocrity

KSU needs to make the finals of the B12 tournament to ensure that #2 spot I'd say.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #2282

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I hope like hell we get OU in the tourney though.
not a chance. OU and Texas Tech would both have to win the tournament to get in. Barring something weird like that, the big XII is pretty much locked in with 7 bids. (Missouri should probably win their first game to be sure, but they are probably in no matter what)
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #2283
Veteran

Apparently, the Jayhawks beat the Wildcats twice this week.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #2284
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
KSU needs to make the finals of the B12 tournament to ensure that #2 spot I'd say.
Nah. Win Thurs and get a 2. Win Friday and be right back where we were to start today, the 2 in Duke's regional.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #2285
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
not a chance. OU and Texas Tech would both have to win the tournament to get in. Barring something weird like that, the big XII is pretty much locked in with 7 bids. (Missouri should probably win their first game to be sure, but they are probably in no matter what)
10-6 in the Big XII... Mizzou is in.
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #2286
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Nah. Win Thurs and get a 2. Win Friday and be right back where we were to start today, the 2 in Duke's regional.
You don't think the committee will have Baylor ahead of KSU on their board if they meet on Friday and Baylor wins? Same conference record... tied head to head... and Baylor plays for the post season conference B12 trophy?

I agree with KC_Connection, I think KSU has to make it to the finals to be a 2.
chiefsfan987 has disabled reputation
Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #2287

I was waiting for the inevitable kick in the nuts. Glad we got that one out of the way.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #2288
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
uh, I'm talking about the Big 12 tourney....
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #2289
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 View Post
You don't think the committee will have Baylor ahead of KSU on their board if they meet on Friday and Baylor wins? Same conference record... tied head to head... and Baylor plays for the post season conference B12 trophy?

Baylor is at best a 4, more likely a 5. They won't be any where near KSU on the curve.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #2290
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
uh, I'm talking about the Big 12 tourney....
I knew that...

But he said Mizzou needed to win a game to be sure... they're in, damnit!
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #2291

Quote:

I dont agree. On the other side of it, KSU has a little better non-conference profile and this year the committee is massively de-emphasizing how you finish. Beginning this season, the committee has said that they will look at your first game of the year every bit as much as your last game. So, Baylor's theoretical win over KSU and their game after that wouldn't be looked at any differently as if they happened earlier in the season.

Baylor is probably too far behind KSU to pass them in the S-curve, unless KSU flames out to OU/OSU and Baylor gets to the championship game.

I think KSU might get the #2 if they win their first game, and definitely will if they win 2. If they win the tournament, they have an outside shot at the #1 if Duke and Purdue both flame out.
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #2292
Agree to Disagree

Quote:

Before this game, KSU's RPI and SOS was top 8. Doubt this one game brings them down to Baylor.

Ultimately, they simply need to start playing better, or none of this matters. They haven't played well for three straight games (MU/KU/ISU).
KevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #2293

Quote:

They don't compare teams like that.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #2294
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Baylor is at best a 4, more likely a 5. They won't be any where near KSU on the curve.
I think Baylor could move up to a #3 if they win the conference tournament. I don't think they will, but I think its possible and I also think that by KSU losing to them and not playing in the B12 final they most certainly fall to a #3.
chiefsfan987 has disabled reputation
Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #2295
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Damn Kittens, ISU cleaned your litter box. What the heck happened ? OT ? Was it that bad of a day ? A possible # 1 seed in the Big Dance and on Sr. day, just unreal .
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.