Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:09 AM   #22891
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #22892
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'd seen some of that, didn't know about pizza being up.
Just to back that up, Papa Johns is actually hiring an additional 20,000 employees to cover the demand. When you think about it, you have a bunch of people who are locked up in their homes, it makes perfect sense.

Companies who manufacture guns and ammo are also experiencing a huge spike in sales.

Last edited by Bwana; 04-20-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #22893
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I really hope a lot of these small businesses will be able to reopen up. I worry that when the restaurants open back up, all that’s going to be left are all the crappy corporate chains. Same thing with all of the big box store retailers.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #22894
Cheat Death

Wife's in supply chain business development. One of her accounts makes the plastic to-go containers for restaurants and grocery stores. The clear top, black bottom ones. They can't make enough.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #22895
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

I've gotten carry-out quite a bit on weekends and some places are packed.

A local Thai restaurant has had an hour+ wait the 2 times I ordered, and the parking lot was jammed with cars.

I tried calling Garozzos this weekend and they said its not even worth it to call the day you want the food, they are maxing out on orders days before.

But a lesser known Italian place had everything ready in 20 minutes and the woman who brought it out acted very appreciative of the order.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #22896
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Incoming baby boom......... ETA 9 Months give or take
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #22897
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Time for things to open back up. Eateries will need serious redesign at first, more outdoor dining. Fewer tables, less waitstaff, higher prices but it’s time.
Nobody is going to do that.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #22898
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I've gotten carry-out quite a bit on weekends and some places are packed.

A local Thai restaurant has had an hour+ wait the 2 times I ordered, and the parking lot was jammed with cars.

I tried calling Garozzos this weekend and they said its not even worth it to call the day you want the food, they are maxing out on orders days before.

But a lesser known Italian place had everything ready in 20 minutes and the woman who brought it out acted very appreciative of the order.
And hopefully have been giving some hefty tips!

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #22899
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Nobody is going to do that.
Good luck, there will be plenty of people who won't sit in a loaded dining room.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #22900
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Incoming baby boom......... ETA 9 Months give or take
I saw a meme the other day that said "if there is a baby boom in 9 months, it'll consist entirely of first born children".
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #22901
best in the biz

Quote:
Good luck, there will be plenty of people who won't sit in a loaded dining room.
Good don't go out to eat then.

no restaurant owner is going to go back into business and only make half the money he made before.

There's no profit.

It's mostly alcohol sales.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #22902
Cheat Death

There won't be a seat available once they open back up here. Half capacity, full capacity, any capacity. Envisioning needing reservations at food trucks after this.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #22903
Court Jester

Quote:
People will be willing to go restaurants, even if they are busy. The line for DQ is out it in the street daily now, and their food is dogshit. Customers will flock to places that actually serve halfway decent food when they open back up.

Last edited by Spott; 04-20-2020 at 11:35 AM..
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #22904
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I saw a meme the other day that said "if there is a baby boom in 9 months, it'll consist entirely of first born children".
That is true... Because I'm out of idea for my kids. I've done everything I can think of, including downloading Mine Craft for all of us to play as a family.

Unfortunately that experience taught me which child will run away and which one will fight with daddy when zombies come.

Fair to say which one I now trust in a crisis situation.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:03 AM   #22905
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
That is true... Because I'm out of idea for my kids. I've done everything I can think of, including downloading Mine Craft for all of us to play as a family.

Unfortunately that experience taught me which child will run away and which one will fight with daddy when zombies come.

Fair to say which one I now trust in a crisis situation.
Minecraft is something I do not enjoy.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.