Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #22861
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Sunday’s and Mondays are always down. We’ve gone through this Pete
I thought it was rainy days and Mondays.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #22862
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
3 more small businesses in OP say they will not re-open when this is all said and done.
One of the local restaurants here was being cleaned out today. I know what the rent is on the building, and completely understand. Another that has been trying to hang on via pick up orders says if it goes longer than 3 weeks he'll be hauling his stuff out next.

Saw another that was using this time to do a remodel and had his staff all painting the walls and giving the place a make over. I thought it was great that he had his staff doing work when he could have hired it done cheaper, but then I got to wondering if they'd rather have been drawing the new unemployment.

Of course all the crap chain restaurants say they'll be opening up as soon as possible. That should spike the TP sales all over again when those grease factories open their doors back up.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #22863
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, I hope people prioritize local businesses over chains when they start spending money again. A world of chain restaurants and big corporations is not a good world.
Unfortunately I think big chains and big corporations will have an even bigger slice of the economy by the time this is fully over.

I definitely support trying to patronize smaller shops.

For the small shops that go under, it is unlikely the land lord is going to find another tenant.

It would be nice if small businesses could do a fast and easy bankruptcy and then open up again in the same location. If they were profitable before the pandemic you would expect the same shop to be profitable afterwards.

But our system isn't geared for that. And I suppose I should stop at this point anyway.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:30 PM   #22864
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
And automatic weapons.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #22865
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Unfortunately I think big chains and big corporations will have an even bigger slice of the economy by the time this is fully over.

I definitely support trying to patronize smaller shops.

For the small shops that go under, it is unlikely the land lord is going to find another tenant.

It would be nice if small businesses could do a fast and easy bankruptcy and then open up again in the same location. If they were profitable before the pandemic you would expect the same shop to be profitable afterwards.

But our system isn't geared for that. And I suppose I should stop at this point anyway.
It's a myth that the US is small business friendly. It probably was at one time, but that time has long passed and you are correct, this isn't going to help.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #22866
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
It's a myth that the US is small business friendly. It probably was at one time, but that time has long passed and you are correct, this isn't going to help.
In Canada the margins are so small for restaurants especially in small towns it will be hard for them to recover.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #22867
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
In Canada the margins are so small for restaurants especially in small towns it will be hard for them to recover.
Which brings up another concern of mine...if they're required to run only partial capacity in order to reopen, many simply will not be able serve the volume of customers they need to survive. I doubt the property owners are going to be willing to only charge partial rent to accommodate that. The outlook is pretty bleak for the industry.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #22868
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
They always get me down.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #22869
Supporter

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #22870
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It'll take time but I'm sure most of them will be back.
Based on what?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #22871
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Based on what?

Old 04-19-2020, 10:02 PM   #22872
The Constitutional Choo choo

LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:09 PM   #22873
"You like to drink?"

Didn't expect to see this
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #22874
The Maintenance Guy

"You've reached your free article limit."

What the **** ever, not before I copied it, now it's free for everyone.

Quote:
Jim McDonald is using all of his four decades of experience in financial markets to navigate the global pandemic’s impact for wealthy and institutional customers at Northern Trust Corp. His main message: be bullish on U.S. stocks.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:16 PM   #22875
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
"You've reached your free article limit."

What the **** ever, not before I copied it, now it's free for everyone.

That was actually the wrong link.

I did not expect to see this