Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #22816
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Right to work only means you dont have to pay union dues if you are working for a unionized company but arent actually in the union yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
It means a lot more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Sure but that's not totally it.

In Arizona, as in other states, employees work at will. This means an employee can be fired at any time and for any reason, or for no reason at all, as long as the reason for the firing is not illegal. Arizona law prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information, and HIV/AIDS. In Arizona, employers must comply with these laws if they have at least 15 employees.

You don't have the rights, ability or likely beneficial outcome to fight most terminations here, like you would say in the state of New York.
I can't speak to the terminology in AZ, but usually right to work and at-will employment are separate concepts with separate regulations.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #22817
Cheat Death

Right to work vs the unprecedented!

We all get a front row seat
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #22818
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I can't speak to the terminology in AZ, but usually right to work and at-will employment are separate concepts with separate regulations.
I think you're correct. I was using the wrong terminology with the description. Many people usually lump them together but they are in fact separate.

Thanks.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #22819
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Yes, that's what a reasonable person would expect.

Kids are spreaders, and if by having them in a store could potentially impact someone else's health, it does in fact become their business. I am only taking exception to that statement and outside of that I have no context of what the situation you're facing truly is, but you seem to be purposefully vague about it and I feel like there's probably a little more to it than them sitting in a cart. (7 year old?)

I will also add that while it can be someone else's business, and this part is just my opinion, what I would see as a justified reaction to it is quite limited. No, you're not breaking a law and you do what you have to do. I could easily see someone overreacting to it in which case I would not blame you for responding in kind.
I get it if they have no choice and no other adult to sit in the car.

Me and the wife only go into the store (not together) wearing a mask and leave our 4 yr old in the car with either me or the her depending on who wants to go in.

I've seen several families with their kids shopping as if things are normal, I just avoid them as best as I can even if it's unsafe and annoying. People should be limiting who goes in if they can.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #22820
Banned

+1 to BL. Thanks Bra.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #22821
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I get it if they have no choice and no other adult to sit in the car.

Me and the wife only go into the store (not together) wearing a mask and leave our 4 yr old in the car with either me or the her depending on who wants to go in.

I've seen several families with their kids shopping as if things are normal, I just avoid them as best as I can even if it's unsafe and annoying. People should be limiting who goes in if they can.
I do the shopping for our family. I go out alone while my wife stays home with our son. Wearing a cloth mask this last time even! Felt like in was in a Clint Eastwood movie. I come home, wash my hands and disinfect everything I've touched and everything that came from the store in the garage and then bring things in as necessary. So, you know, trying to do the "right thing".

But then you've got families rolling around with all of their kids in tow just doing their best to **** the whole thing up. And we all know kids love the grocery store. Did see a couple of 70+ year old couples tooling around in Hyvee the last time. They've got their own designated shopping time and everything, but running around touching canned soups at 3 in the afternoon does have a certain cachet to it.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #22822
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Deaths going down in MO. Of course the protesters tomorrow will try and change that.
Based on what numbers?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #22823
Keepin it Real

We went up 29 cases today or 1%. I know it’s Sunday but it might be time to update their clearly flawed model. Expecting 9300 cases by May 1st. Somehow Oklahoma is supposed to add 6700 cases in 11 days.

Meanwhile we’re at 179k new unemployment claims since March 1st.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #22824
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
I've wondered about the whole FMLA angle.
There is no FMLA angle unless you have a diagnosis. Going to be a lot of disappointed people fed a bunch of bullshit after all of this.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #22825
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
We went up 29 cases today or 1%. I know it’s Sunday but it might be time to update their clearly flawed model. Expecting 9300 cases by May 1st. Somehow Oklahoma is supposed to add 6700 cases in 11 days.

Meanwhile we’re at 179k new unemployment claims since March 1st.
How much testing has Oklahoma done?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #22826
Supporter

Quote:
Hour and fifteen minutes wait to enter the dispensary the other day. 2 at a time.
What????????????

I placed an order on www.thekindcenter.com two Thursday ago and they brought it out to my car within a few minutes of notifying them that I was outside.

I could have done delivery, which would have only cost $5 dollars, so maybe I'll go that route later next month.

No deliveries or curb side pickup in your area?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #22827
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
How much testing has Oklahoma done?
Looks like 35k.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #22828
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
How do those of you that live in Kansas feel about being the state that has done the least amount of testing per capita?

Largest hospital in the city/region that resides on the Kansas side that would likely see the most cases has 33 hospitalizations, 15 on ventilators, and has had 59 discharged. As for testing there doesn’t really seem to be a defined area that is in dire need of increased testing that I’m aware of. The cases seem pretty spread out and with about a 10% positive result on tests I think continuing tests as needed is acceptable. But should a spot emerge I would hope more aggressive testing would ensue.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #22829
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
What????????????

I placed an order on www.thekindcenter.com two Thursday ago and they brought it out to my car within a few minutes of notifying them that I was outside.

I could have done delivery, which would have only cost $5 dollars, so maybe I'll go that route later next month.

No deliveries or curb side pickup in your area?
Here's the deal. I do not have a card. I cannot get a card as I have no medical records since I left mon and dad's. Now, my usual delivery mechanism was deported so now I have to find a new source. So a friend took me with him. This despensary is in Mesa so there were a lot of sketches waiting.

I got shit to work out.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #22830
Supporter

Quote:
Here's the deal. I do not have a card. I cannot get a card as I have no medical records since I left mon and dad's. Now, my usual delivery mechanism was deported so now I have to find a new source. So a friend took me with him.

I got shit work out.
Is it difficult to get a card in AZ?

Just about everyone I know had a card before CA went recreational. It was as easy as dropping $30 dollars and telling the doctor at the dispensary "I'm suffering from anxiety and don't like how the pharmaceuticals make me feel".

It took maybe 10 minutes.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.