Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashad Fenton Thread*****

more to come...

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #211
Veteran

No one finger-wags like Fenton.

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #212
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The Chiefs have been looking for a LB with that kind of speed and athleticism for quite some time. I wouldn’t assume that Gay doesn’t get a 2nd contract.
Sneed is probably going to cost around $15m AAV. Bolton likely around $13-14m AAV.

That’s not counting Creed Humphrey and Orlando Brown (I think we’ll pay him).

You can’t pay everyone with a Mahomes level contract on the books, but if we can squeeze someone in then it’s not Willie Gay.

IMO extra cash to keep our own should go to Trey Smith
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #213
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Sneed is probably going to cost around $15m AAV. Bolton likely around $13-14m AAV.

You can’t pay everyone with a Mahomes level contract on the books, but if we can squeeze someone in then it’s not Willie Gay.

So many of those bridges are WAY down the road, fortunately.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 02:14 PM   #214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
So many of those bridges are WAY down the road, fortunately.
Exactly why it’s silly to try to predict who they will sign long term.

We have no idea how good these guys will be or if they will regress between now and then.

For now, let’s just enjoy having young talented players on rookie deals while adding more.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:33 PM   #215
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Dude….all of that is like 3-4 years away.

Let’s enjoy the moment.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #216
MVP

Quote:

We have no idea how good these guys will be or if they will regress between now and then.

For now, let’s just enjoy having young talented players on rookie deals while adding more.
and just keep adding good players in the draft. Just don't whiff.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #217
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

It’s fun to enjoy now and look to the future. But I’m pretty confident in how good Sneed, Bolton, Humphrey and Smith will be unless they suffer a devastating injury.

But I do know that Patrick is gonna cost us $40+ million a season. Even with the cap rising that means you can’t sign everyone.

And I think guys like Willie and Rashad will get good offers from other teams. Too good to turn down less money just to stay with us.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #218
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Sneed's skillset/abilities/makeup are so unusual, he'll have to be paid, IMO. Fenton, unfortunately, may be left out with Ward, although we should have some cap relief at safety (I hope).
Agreed. Sneed's the guy you plan on extending. But you'll still need to backfill for Fenton and Ward around him. Especially after Ward walks next year and Fenton gets a showcase season to really demonstrate his value.

If you could get Fenton extended prior to next season at a $5-$6 million AAV I think you'd be wise to do it. You'd be buying the dip, so to speak. You'd be getting him locked in before the cap really explodes and before he demonstrates his ability to play on an island. Worst case scenario is that he's over-exposed out there and you've overpaid a little bit for a guy who's more of a #3 CB, but that's not the kind of thing that will really hurt you going forward.

I'm betting his agents are smarter than to bite on that, though.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #219

Quote:
The Chiefs have been looking for a LB with that kind of speed and athleticism for quite some time. I wouldn’t assume that Gay doesn’t get a 2nd contract.
Bolton's skill-set is easier to find than Gay's.

If Gay can put the injury history behind him, he's the guy you sign. He combines Bolton's aggression with premier athleticism. And while Bolton's instincts are better, Gay's speed is just remarkable and makes him more versatile.

I LOVE Nick Bolton, for obvious reasons. But Gay, if healthy, is a guy that's just really damn hard to find.

It's the same sort of analysis as Sneed/Fenton. Gay's ceiling, like Sneed's, is so much higher than the other guy that you've gotta hold onto him.

But sadly we'll be getting cap relief from Kelce by then (who's gonna be nearing his ride into the sunset) and Thuney. Even Jones. We'll have a pretty lean cap situation when those decisions are needing to be made.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #220
In Search of a Life

I think DJ has it right in regards to Gay/Bolton, but that's down the road.

The think with Bolton is, he may not have tested as well as hoped but the dude just plays so fast. He's so instinctual that he just makes up for it. I've been impressed with how quickly he's picked this up.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:51 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think DJ has it right in regards to Gay/Bolton, but that's down the road.

The think with Bolton is, he may not have tested as well as hoped but the dude just plays so fast. He's so instinctual that he just makes up for it. I've been impressed with how quickly he's picked this up.
I'd have considered Bolton with a first rounder.

This is who he's always been. I never questioned if he'd translate to the NFL. He was as smart and instinctual a college player as I'd ever seen.

Josh Allen (Kentucky) was the only player at the college level that I'd ever seen completely control games defensively like Bolton could. He was everywhere.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:16 AM   #222
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'd have considered Bolton with a first rounder.

This is who he's always been. I never questioned if he'd translate to the NFL. He was as smart and instinctual a college player as I'd ever seen.

Josh Allen (Kentucky) was the only player at the college level that I'd ever seen completely control games defensively like Bolton could. He was everywhere.
When I first started my 1st round targets thread in the draft section last season I had Bolton, Humphrey, AND Smith on my list of 15 or so.

It’s just incredible that we ended up with all 3 without a 1st.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #223
In Search of a Life

Quote:
When I first started my 1st round targets thread in the draft section last season I had Bolton, Humphrey, AND Smith on my list of 15 or so.

It’s just incredible that we ended up with all 3 without a 1st.
Shows how little you know
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:25 AM   #224
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Shows how little you know
Apparently you missed the part where I said that this was at the beginning of the process…
Old 11-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #225
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Apparently you missed the part where I said that this was at the beginning of the process…
Yeah, before everyone told you what to think when it was just you. Duh.