Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2018, 05:02 PM  
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

How would YOU try to improve the defense?

Amid all the hysteria over our two wins and offensive performances, I'm just wondering what can realistically be done to improve the defense? Now we know Berry will hopefully be returning soon which should be massive, but with the way this offense is looking, just a slight improvement on defense could take us to the promise land yall. So does Veach sit, be patient and hope Berry is enough to improve things? Should he get on the phone and beg Breeland to join the kingdom? Or should he seek to make a trade of some sort?

I think I'd probably go with trying to get Breeland in and with Berry added to the mix I think the unit would be vastly improved.

...Breeland...Berry...Parker...Fuller...

With Nelson In the slot. Surely that would be enough?

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 09-16-2018 at 05:12 PM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #211
In Search of a Life

Anyone know Houston's stats rushing the QB this year? I see Jones collapsing the pocket and Dee Ford generating pressure, but Houston - not so much.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #212
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
Anyone know Houston's stats rushing the QB this year? I see Jones collapsing the pocket and Dee Ford generating pressure, but Houston - not so much.
Somebody posted some stats the other day about "distance to QB" which showed Houston was getting consistently close, closer than Ford actually (but not as good as Chris Jones).

It certainly doesn't match what my eyes see, which is Ford and Jones basically being the only ones getting pressure.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #213
MVP

We played two HOF QBs in their house and won, they put up numbers after falling behind, DUH!!!!!! Worry if we give up 400 to a matt cassell like QB. Calm the F down. The D got several key stops yesterday and were robbed of a TD.

That's like complaining about my Lakers during the Kobe/Shaq era beating Duncan and Co. in SA and complaining that we gave up 35 to Duncan. LOL!
ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #214
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
This fan base is honestly pretty bad when it comes to shit like that but lots of fans aren't very bright.

Those Marty teams were literally 2 dudes man...If you could put Derrick Thomas on this team right now they'd probably finish in the top 15 in defense. That was literally the difference Marty had a defensive star that always showed up.
Had two excellent man to man cover corners for most of the time as well to go along with Derrick Thomas.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #215
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Somebody posted some stats the other day about "distance to QB" which showed Houston was getting consistently close, closer than Ford actually (but not as good as Chris Jones).

It certainly doesn't match what my eyes see, which is Ford and Jones basically being the only ones getting pressure.
I saw that last week. I think it was NFL's next gen stats. I agree, it didn't seem to match up to the eyeball test.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #216
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
I saw that last week. I think it was NFL's next gen stats. I agree, it didn't seem to match up to the eyeball test.
It's pretty difficult for me to get on board with a lot of the "blitz, blitz, blitz" criticism. I'm also a college football fan and my favorite college team has (rigidly/stubbornly, I might add) run a base 4-3 with almost no blitzing and relied on 1) DL to get pressure and 2) LB to cover in space, even WRs.

Anthony Hitchens came out of that very system. Yes, it's maddening sometimes to see a WR get open against a LB but when the system works, it REALLY works (Like allowing less than 100 yards a game works). And it doesn't even require top tier talent, it just requires that you don't have any gaping holes that can be exploited. Right now, we can't pressure the QB out of our base defense because they know they can double (or even triple) Jones and nobody else can get there.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #217
El Gato Gordo Loco

Get Vontae Davis to unretire? Lol
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #218
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Get Vontae Davis to unretire? Lol
Old 09-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #219
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW2 View Post
We played two HOF QBs in their house and won, they put up numbers after falling behind, DUH!!!!!! Worry if we give up 400 to a matt cassell like QB. Calm the F down. The D got several key stops yesterday and were robbed of a TD.

That's like complaining about my Lakers during the Kobe/Shaq era beating Duncan and Co. in SA and complaining that we gave up 35 to Duncan. LOL!
I think Jimmy G. is pretty pedestrian, really. I hope they kick the crap out of the Niners this week.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #220
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's pretty difficult for me to get on board with a lot of the "blitz, blitz, blitz" criticism. I'm also a college football fan and my favorite college team has (rigidly/stubbornly, I might add) run a base 4-3 with almost no blitzing and relied on 1) DL to get pressure and 2) LB to cover in space, even WRs.

Anthony Hitchens came out of that very system. Yes, it's maddening sometimes to see a WR get open against a LB but when the system works, it REALLY works (Like allowing less than 100 yards a game works). And it doesn't even require top tier talent, it just requires that you don't have any gaping holes that can be exploited. Right now, we can't pressure the QB out of our base defense because they know they can double (or even triple) Jones and nobody else can get there.
I agree with not supporting the "blitz" mentality. We are, essentially, running a 4-3 alignment anyhow with 2 down-lineman and 2 OLBs. Teams ran a 4-man rush 65% of the time last year with a 30% pressure rate. Teams ran a blitz 26% of the time last year with a 43% pressure rate. Teams aren't blitzing all the time, obviously. Teams ran 2-to-3-man rushes 8% of the time with a 26% pressure rate.

KC used the 2-to-3-man rush more than all but New England last year and, and boasted the 8th-best pressure rate from it at 29.5% which is on par with the 4-man rush average across the league. KC ranked 14th in the NFL in pressure percentage with a 4-man rush and 17th in the league in a blitz (5+ rushers). They were also among the best when sending a DB, ranking 5th in the league at 63%.

So, the stats don't support the notion that KC doesn't generate pressure on the opposition. What I think most are wanting is to see pressures in specific situations they are not or have not in the past. Blindly calling that Sutton's defense creates no pressure though is absurd and unfounded.

I will say, this season, I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen on the field in terms of player execution of the scheme. Whiffing easy tackles and losing underneath coverage assignments are the two big ones. This team doesn't need All-Pros at every position for Bob, they need players that can execute at a fundamental level. I think the Chiefs are severely lacking in that department in a few spots. Based on my shitty view on the TV screen, it appears Hitchens looks good as a run and hit tackler, but it seems he's losing coverage assignments and Ragland is absolute shit in coverage, but again I don't really get to see the play develop in its entirety. Eric Murray is absolute garbage at everything, I don't need All-22 for that lump of shit. This defense is really missing Berry and Sorensen right now. Given that O'Daniel hasn't seen action isn't promising for a Sorensen replacement as the coverage-backer. I wouldn't mind seeing what Watts could do out there in that role because he's a hitter.

Anyhow, this is getting to be a book...
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #221
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I agree with not supporting the "blitz" mentality. We are, essentially, running a 4-3 alignment anyhow with 2 down-lineman and 2 OLBs. Teams ran a 4-man rush 65% of the time last year with a 30% pressure rate. Teams ran a blitz 26% of the time last year with a 43% pressure rate. Teams aren't blitzing all the time, obviously. Teams ran 2-to-3-man rushes 8% of the time with a 26% pressure rate.

KC used the 2-to-3-man rush more than all but New England last year and, and boasted the 8th-best pressure rate from it at 29.5% which is on par with the 4-man rush average across the league. KC ranked 14th in the NFL in pressure percentage with a 4-man rush and 17th in the league in a blitz (5+ rushers). They were also among the best when sending a DB, ranking 5th in the league at 63%.

So, the stats don't support the notion that KC doesn't generate pressure on the opposition. What I think most are wanting is to see pressures in specific situations they are not or have not in the past. Blindly calling that Sutton's defense creates no pressure though is absurd and unfounded.

I will say, this season, I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen on the field in terms of player execution of the scheme. Whiffing easy tackles and losing underneath coverage assignments are the two big ones. This team doesn't need All-Pros at every position for Bob, they need players that can execute at a fundamental level. I think the Chiefs are severely lacking in that department in a few spots. Based on my shitty view on the TV screen, it appears Hitchens looks good as a run and hit tackler, but it seems he's losing coverage assignments and Ragland is absolute shit in coverage, but again I don't really get to see the play develop in its entirety. Eric Murray is absolute garbage at everything, I don't need All-22 for that lump of shit. This defense is really missing Berry and Sorensen right now. Given that O'Daniel hasn't seen action isn't promising for a Sorensen replacement as the coverage-backer. I wouldn't mind seeing what Watts could do out there in that role because he's a hitter.

Anyhow, this is getting to be a book...
Excellent post.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #222
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
And this is perhaps a terrible idea, but what if we put Hill in for random obvious passing downs and let him chase these statue QB’s?

If they freak out pre-snap they may just call a timeout, and if so, even that’s a win.
Dude.. are you talking about putting Hill on defense and sending him on a blitz? LOL

Who was it who suggested putting Eric Berry at OLB? This suggestion is even worse
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #223
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Dude.. are you talking about putting Hill on defense and sending him on a blitz? LOL

Who was it who suggested putting Eric Berry at OLB? This suggestion is even worse
That was Laz.....and yes....this is worse.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #224
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

You can't cure AIDS
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:08 AM   #225
I’m a Mahomo!

Trade for Patrick Peterson of Arizona.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.