Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 06:54 AM   #2206
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
what crowd is that, exactly? I see no crowd saying these things.
Because hindsight is 20/20. It was hammered into our heads that our top priority is to hammer the trenches and pass rusher was essential. There are plenty who would’ve been plenty happy if we took a DE, OT, DT or even DBs with our first few picks and maybe waited til the late 3rd or 4th to take a shot at a WR. It’s not the worst strategy given how good our balance is today. But I hope most would agree in hindsight it would suck not to have a prospect like rashee rice.

And in the discussions about how this offense doesn’t necessarily need a WR1 there was certainly an underappreciation (and arguably still is) for the type of skills a primary guy gets you.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:27 AM   #2207
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
If people think tyreeks contract was too much I get it. That’s not my point.

I’m talking about people who want to blame the 2022 cincy loss on an offense that revolves around hill. While we had him we could have and should have built better depth around him. That is the reason for our 2022 shortcomings, not because the offense was worse off when we had hill.
When you have a Tyreek and are then paying that, you can't afford to go pay for misses on the DL or DB's etc, so you're gonna have to spend high end draft picks on those spots. You're not gonna be able to throw high draft picks at it or spend $.

So the "get better depth" is gonna come from the same places it did. IE, UDFA, late rounders, mid tier FA's etc.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:30 AM   #2208
In Search of a Life

It's shocking that Skyy, when they target him, is....open. I mean, almost like he's actually a nice solid WR who just needed more opportunity.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:36 AM   #2209
In Search of a Life

It's also kind of interesting that as we've gone on here, they've got Rice more and more involved. Almost like Andy knew wha......nah no way.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:37 AM   #2210
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It's shocking that Skyy, when they target him, is....open. I mean, almost like he's actually a nice solid WR who just needed more opportunity.
I still think it's a timing thing.

He does too much 'stuff' to get open. Too many foot fires and other noise. In doing that, he throws off the timing.

When he's getting throws he's wide open but it's usually later in the progression or on a scramble drill when the timing doesn't have to be as precise. The longer throw this week was against zone and his struggles to operate in zone have been well documented.

On that play he did seem to understand the zone concept better and slow up a bit for the throw.

I don't think it was a lack of opportunity - he just hadn't been working in the offense quite right. But as he gets better with his zone reads, he should get better.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:38 AM   #2211
Beyond the Rapids

I feel like we are missing a dependable 3rd down guy apart from Kelce more than anything. We need a Welker type, very clean route runner with a very high catch rate who you can depend on to understand and execute perfectly every time against a variety of coverages, who will get you 4 yards on 3rd and 3 to keep a drive alive. If we had someone like this, the issues with consistency from the rest of the group wouldn't be so glaring.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:38 AM   #2212
In Search of a Life

Quote:
When you have a Tyreek and are then paying that, you can't afford to go pay for misses on the DL or DB's etc, so you're gonna have to spend high end draft picks on those spots. You're not gonna be able to throw high draft picks at it or spend $.

So the "get better depth" is gonna come from the same places it did. IE, UDFA, late rounders, mid tier FA's etc.
But we don’t have tyreek which is fine and we still as fans were reluctant to spend even high end-ish draft picks. Can you see why some take exception to that? At least both sides seem to agree that rashee rice is the kind of pick we like to see.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:41 AM   #2213
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
what crowd is that, exactly? I see no crowd saying these things.
Like 1-2 people said that, at most. It's not even worth having the same argument with him.

He looks at the team with extremely narrow blinders. There's nothing about his view that takes into account investing in and building a complete team. It's such a worthless discussion.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:41 AM   #2214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
I feel like we are missing a dependable 3rd down guy apart from Kelce more than anything. We need a Welker type, very clean route runner with a very high catch rate who you can depend on to understand and execute perfectly every time against a variety of coverages, who will get you 4 yards on 3rd and 3 to keep a drive alive. If we had someone like this, the issues with consistency from the rest of the group wouldn't be so glaring.
We have that guy. His name is Andrew Reid.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:42 AM   #2215
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Like 1-2 people said that, at most. It's not even worth having the same argument with him.

He looks at the team with extremely narrow blinders. There's nothing about his view that takes into account investing in and building a complete team. It's such a worthless discussion.
I actually tend to agree with some parts of it in that, or atleast I did.

I didn't think you could actually build a complete defense and in today's NFL with offense being the thing, I'd rather keep the offense stocked.

But the d looks great and the offense is or should get better.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:43 AM   #2216
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But we don’t have tyreek which is fine and we still as fans were reluctant to spend even high end-ish draft picks. Can you see why some take exception to that? At least both sides seem to agree that rashee rice is the kind of pick we like to see.
This is nonsense. This board was gutted on draft night when the receiver run began at pick 20 and then Kincaid went to the Bills at 25.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:47 AM   #2217
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
We have that guy. His name is Andrew Reid.
He the one that's dropping all the passes?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:50 AM   #2218
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I still think it's a timing thing.

He does too much 'stuff' to get open. Too many foot fires and other noise. In doing that, he throws off the timing.

When he's getting throws he's wide open but it's usually later in the progression or on a scramble drill when the timing doesn't have to be as precise. The longer throw this week was against zone and his struggles to operate in zone have been well documented.

On that play he did seem to understand the zone concept better and slow up a bit for the throw.

I don't think it was a lack of opportunity - he just hadn't been working in the offense quite right. But as he gets better with his zone reads, he should get better.
I think he will get better but there’s also a chance some of this is just instinct, which seems to come more naturally for rashee and you just have to hope it clicks for skyy. I think he’s a perfectly capable weapon even if he doesn’t get there. But it definitely changes the discussion about his role in the offense.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:51 AM   #2219
Why so serious?

Quote:
I actually tend to agree with some parts of it in that, or atleast I did.

I didn't think you could actually build a complete defense and in today's NFL with offense being the thing, I'd rather keep the offense stocked.

But the d looks great and the offense is or should get better.
And yet most people here didn't think the offense was stocked last year and it was the best offense in the league in nearly every category.

This team has spread resources around to every position group. It's not like receivers have been neglected when WR2 during the Mahomes era was Watkins making 16mm/yr and we've spent 3 2nd round picks on WR in the last 4 years while having the league's most WR-ish TE.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:53 AM   #2220
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Hopkins and OBJ have not done shit this season. And at the price they both demanded, I'm ****ing thrilled with Moore and Rice.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.