Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:37 AM   #2191
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Bobby Witt Jr. is on pace to have an 11.4 fWAR. If he does that, then he will have the 18th highest fWAR in a season. What makes it even more impressive is that he would have the highest fWAR in 20 years. Barry Bonds is the only player in the 2000s to have a higher fWAR than 11.4.

Now let's just include highest single season fWAR since the expansion era began around 1959-1960. We will take out all of the really old time players that didn't have near the competition of today. Where does an 11.4 fWAR rank Bobby Witt Jr in the last 65 years of baseball?

2002 - Barry Bonds 12.7 WAR
2001 - Barry Bonds 12.5 WAR
2004 - Barry Bonds 11.9 WAR
1999 - Pedro Martinez 11.6 WAR
1967 - Carl Yastrzemski 11.1 WAR
2022 - Aaron Judge 11.1 WAR

An 11.4 fWAR puts Bobby at 4th highest since the expansion era. Bobby is gonna have a top 20 season in baseball history and will probably not win the league MVP.
And yet Judge is gonna win MVP because he plays in Yankee stadium

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kstater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 07:05 AM   #2192
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
tredadda said it well.

I was so down on this team before the year began. They started off giving me hope and never stopped from there.

Been a special season so far, and about to get even better.

The boys are playin some ball.
I've never taken you as a quitter but the start of this year was damn close for you.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #2193
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
And yet Judge is gonna win MVP because he plays in Yankee stadium

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
Hard to say Judge doesn't deserve it if the Yankees win their division. BWJ needs to keep it up and the Royals to win their division to have a chance. The amazing thing about Judge is hes like 285 lbs roaming around the CF and he's not even bad at it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #2194
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I've never taken you as a quitter but the start of this year was damn close for you.
This is a turn around the MLB has almost never seen. To go from 106 losses to potentially winning the division and having a chance to even have the best record in the AL. I mean just an unreal turn around.

Alot of credit has to be given to them for how they bullt their SP (obviously).Everyone they signed or traded for turned to gold. It was easy to see Ragans would be good but the stars aligning for Lugo, Wacha and Singer bouncing back. Even Marsh was good for a while and Lorenzen has been very good and hes a 5th starter. Im so giddy.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #2195
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I went from:

“Can you keep me interested until the Chiefs start camp?”

To

“Can you keep me interested until the first preseason game?”

To

“Can you keep me interested to the first regular season game?”

To

“Can…you win the Central?”

I hope this keeps going. The next few questions are a lot more fun.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:52 AM   #2196
MVP

Have a really tough schedule to finish out the year. If we make the playoffs we definitely earned it
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.