Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:17 AM   #2146
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
With respect to MVS, "elite" is a bit of a stretch.

It isn’t. Not when we’re talking about the speed he presents on deep routes and the threat that provides to the defense.

It keeps teams from rotating up towards the line, forces them to continue accounting for deep balls like they had to when Hill was in KC.

Valdes-Scantling has elite long speed for the NFL. Outside of Jalen Waddle and Hill, you’re not going to find a guy with more.

He fills an important and valuable role in the offensive design. Which many people seem to not credit or not understand.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:43 AM   #2147
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
It isn’t. Not when we’re talking about the speed he presents on deep routes and the threat that provides to the defense.

It keeps teams from rotating up towards the line, forces them to continue accounting for deep balls like they had to when Hill was in KC.

Valdes-Scantling has elite long speed for the NFL. Outside of Jalen Waddle and Hill, you’re not going to find a guy with more.

He fills an important and valuable role in the offensive design. Which many people seem to not credit or not understand.
I can agree with the above description as a role-player, for sure, but I think "elite role-player" is still an oxymoron.

Here's an interesting perspective on this debate, maybe. Where does MVS rank amongst the top deep-speed threats in the NFL? Who are the top 10?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 06-10-2023 at 08:51 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:33 AM   #2148
Veteran

Quote:

Meh just don’t agree with how some think MVS is so important. His targets should reduce this season because of the young guys getting them. Yes having a deep threat is great but why can’t those snaps be spread out thus making them more lethal because teams won’t know who is the fly route. Hell Toney is faster and when you take vertical into consideration, can also high ball better than MVS.

You’re correct in saying MVS keeps teams honest but that also means big plays are almost never there. All of our WRs have good enough speed to run MVS routes and would keep the D more honest in my opinion.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:37 AM   #2149
Most Valuable Villain

Couch-Potato and Balto in a "MVS deserves to be traded" discussion. Who could have seen that coming? Not me.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #2150
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

2150?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:18 AM   #2151
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Meh just don’t agree with how some think MVS is so important. His targets should reduce this season because of the young guys getting them. Yes having a deep threat is great but why can’t those snaps be spread out thus making them more lethal because teams won’t know who is the fly route. Hell Toney is faster and when you take vertical into consideration, can also high ball better than MVS.

You’re correct in saying MVS keeps teams honest but that also means big plays are almost never there. All of our WRs have good enough speed to run MVS routes and would keep the D more honest in my opinion.
The obvious answer is you CANNOT count on Toney - like at all. He's a china doll. If he makes it in 75% of the games next season it may be a miracle.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #2152
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Did I miss the contract signing?
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:48 AM   #2153
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Did I miss the contract signing?
Yes. The details aren't out yet, but rumor has it he signed for the league minimum just for the opportunity to wear the red and gold
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:54 AM   #2154
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I don't think DHop was ever really in the plans. Nothing that has been reported this year as rumor has been even remotely right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, wrong again. How shocking.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:59 AM   #2155
MVP

Quote:
I can agree with the above description as a role-player, for sure, but I think "elite role-player" is still an oxymoron.

Here's an interesting perspective on this debate, maybe. Where does MVS rank amongst the top deep-speed threats in the NFL? Who are the top 10?
No, it's an elite 'skill-set', which is important for the offense to function. A lot of people don't seem to get how this offense works. You need a real threat to just blow by everyone to clear out the intermediate area.

The routes are all combinations that threaten the defense's coverage rules in different ways in different areas, and all of them work together to create advantages.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:02 AM   #2156
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

One can have an elite skill and still be a role player.

As far as deep speed threats, he’s in that group for me because of the combination of his pure speed AND demonstrated ability to stack defenders on deep routes and track the ball downfield.

There are probably guys who are faster - like Hardman, for example - who are not as dangerous on deep routes because they don’t have the other skills.

I’d put Hill first and probably Waddle second. After that, I don’t know that there’s one burner type I’d separate as clearly above the rest. Valdes-Scantlibg is in consideration there.

Hyatt might prove to be, if he can translate his abilities to a regular NFL role rather than the schemed one he had in college.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:04 AM   #2157
MVP

Plaxico Burress says he only wants to practice once a week
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:08 AM   #2158
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel View Post
Plaxico Burress says he only wants to practice once a week
I didn't hear or read 'once a week,' but I did read that he wasn't practicing everyday with ARI.

However, he also said in one of those podcast interviews (think it was the McAfee show) that if he went to a team like the Chiefs that he would practice everyday, to develop chemistry with the QB and learn the offense.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:38 AM   #2159
Generational Player

Quote:

He's a decoy but necessary. If teams do decide to try to play us straight up Mahomes will be more than happy to throw it over their head.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #2160
Veteran

Quote:
One can have an elite skill and still be a role player.

As far as deep speed threats, he’s in that group for me because of the combination of his pure speed AND demonstrated ability to stack defenders on deep routes and track the ball downfield.

There are probably guys who are faster - like Hardman, for example - who are not as dangerous on deep routes because they don’t have the other skills.

I’d put Hill first and probably Waddle second. After that, I don’t know that there’s one burner type I’d separate as clearly above the rest. Valdes-Scantlibg is in consideration there.

Hyatt might prove to be, if he can translate his abilities to a regular NFL role rather than the schemed one he had in college.
There's gotta be 30-40 NFL wide receivers better than MVS. Not being a hater, he made some big time catches down the stretch. Just stating the obvious.
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.