Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:23 PM   #2146
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's not as good as the first 2 seasons, no.

It's not actively bad, but they set a bar that they haven't reached. I thought the first 2 episodes were awfully good and they sucked me in, but apart from a couple of cool (and extremely well done) aerial fight sequences and some interesting call backs, the show has meandered quite a bit through the middle.

We'll see if they pull it back together but you consider the middle episodes of last season had Bill Burr and the helmet remove and all that - it's a definite step down.
Glad I'm not the only one. Granted, I'm not a huge Star Wars "holy shit do you know who that guy is and why it's important?" type of fan. I watched the movies as a kid, watched the shitty prequels and the shitty Disney reboots or whatever...and gave up on Star Wars until the Mandalorian. LOVED season 1 and 2...this season...is boring me to tears. The kick ass space fight in episode 2 (I think it was) was awesome. But the rest of it...I get it is a huge set up but its frankly boring as hell. The dialog is clunky too, and Carl Weathers is...bad...not in a good way.

Anyhoo, I'm sure I'll get flamed for not "getting it" but I just want to be entertained. The first two seasons did that in spades. This last season...eh...nope...so far anyway.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:43 PM   #2147
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This is deeper than my nerdom goes. Please to be having an explanation.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:48 PM   #2148
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
This is deeper than my nerdom goes. Please to be having an explanation.
This is the official star wars galaxy map. You are looking at the unknown regions.

Exegol is the planet where the Sith Cultists gathered to resurrect Palpatine.

The Chiss Ascendancy is where Grand Admiral Thrawn is from.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:52 PM   #2149
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
This is the official star wars galaxy map. You are looking at the unknown regions.

Exegol is the planet where the Sith Cultists gathered to resurrect Palpatine.

The Chiss Ascendancy is where Grand Admiral Thrawn is from.
Ah, thanks. Exegol was the only planet I recognized.

When I saw "Chiss", the first thing that popped to mind was that reptile race that went to war with the Republic after the Thrawn series had come to an end, but I knew that was wrong.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM   #2150
Has a particular set of skills

Kathleen Kennedy To Succeed Bob Iger As Disney's CEO

https://www.cultureslate.com/news/ka...as-disneys-ceo
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:45 PM   #2151
I'll be back.

WTF
Old 04-02-2023, 08:53 PM   #2152
Supporter

April Fools.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:00 PM   #2153
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Kathleen Kennedy To Succeed Bob Iger As Disney's CEO

https://www.cultureslate.com/news/ka...as-disneys-ceo
Old 04-02-2023, 09:05 PM   #2154
I'll be back.

mother****er posting this on april 2
Old 04-02-2023, 09:13 PM   #2155
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Spoiler!
Same. Oh man.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:15 PM   #2156
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
I don't see how The Bad Batch doesn't end up as an absolute tragedy now.

Heartbreaking. Some of the best storytelling Lucasfilm has done.
I'm only episode 5 but man I love SW animation.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:15 AM   #2157
Immanentize The Eschaton

The side quest was a little too neat, although enjoyable. Felt like Star Wars flavored cheese. Other than that it's about time they took care of the detail that was settled at the end of the episode. I have been annoyed by it as it seemed like it could have been easily resolved in several ways before this. Nice dramatic timing in the story arc I guess but this season the show seems to be more Star Wars and less Mandalorian if you know what I mean. I don't want to see a really good show fall away from what made it outstanding.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:06 PM   #2158
sorta mod-ish

I was wondering how that was going to get done. The loophole works I suppose, but they could have used that the minute it happened.

Enjoyed the episode. Bryce Dallas Howard is become a pretty decent director for the SW Universe.

Also, very disappointed we didn't get a The Metal reference. Lol
Old 04-05-2023, 06:32 PM   #2159
In Search of a Life

This show fell the **** off this season.

Maybe they end on a high note, but very disappointing season thus far.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:13 PM   #2160
The Boom Boom Room

FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.